BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Crownnote: Chart Website, Sign up.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 30th November 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #101
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Nov 30 2020, 09:25 PM) *
There have been a few times I've considered trying it again but there still doesn't seem to be an easy way of porting my Excel charts in, and the last blog post on there was in December 2017 which sort-of makes me think it's been forgotton about.

If you look at this page you’ll see there are still many active users posting charts this very week!

http://crownnote.com/charts

So it still seems popular even if it has been neglected or forgotten about by the person who made it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 1st December 2020, 05:18 AM
Post #102
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

I've been there since 2016 and I still use it!

+Quote this post
toffochews
post 1st December 2020, 10:57 AM
Post #103
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,120

I started using it again, but still unable to import a chart, throws up errors. I just put my chart up in the notes.

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 3rd January 2022, 04:50 AM
Post #104
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren
User: 127,479

For those who are still using Crownnote, what are your thoughts about the redesign?

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd January 2022, 12:18 PM
Post #105
Group icon

QUOTE(Cow Cow @ Jan 3 2022, 04:50 AM) *
For those who are still using Crownnote, what are your thoughts about the redesign?

Giving it a go this morning, it's been very buggy for one thing, frequent request timeouts, and lots of lag loading pages. sad.gif

I'm not sure I like the new interface either, it doesn't exactly improve much on the old one in my views, and it has taken away little features that I would use to make my own personal chart including the ability to add multiple rows for new songs at the start, rather than having to individually add a new entry every time you want to add a song. Also, I can't find a way to search for songs like before when I could locate a song, find the one with the most usages, and then copy the song number into my chart.

It will take some getting used to, but first impressions aren't too positive so far.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd January 2022, 12:28 PM
Post #106
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

I liked the outro part from the old format but what bothers me the most is that a lot of the artwork has been removed, especially for my chart songs. I have spent like a significant chunk of time to download and upload artwork. It will be a shame if I have to do that to all the songs again.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 3rd January 2022, 12:41 PM
Post #107
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

QUOTE(Cow Cow @ Jan 3 2022, 05:50 AM) *

The Designs look nice, but it has problems, a lot of problems.
I can't open my own chart, the cover artwork for some Songs are gone and I heard that after creating a chart error messages are shows, also the load times are long.
Not a great first impression for me.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd January 2022, 05:02 PM
Post #108
Group icon

At least they have acknowledged issues loading the leaderboards today.

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 3rd January 2022, 09:49 PM
Post #109
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

Leaderboard range is something that I need right now. Not for the points, but for the artist's chart history featured in my EOY 100. Hope they could fix it soon.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 4th January 2022, 04:05 PM
Post #110
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

It's a disaster area honestly. They managed to remove a majority of the cover art of songs and also unlink the album that the song belongs to. The general search bar now shows fewer results than before, e.g. you won't be able to find the chart where it contains the text in the search bar, or you can't find the song by typing both the artist and song name. You now have to create new songs and albums separately, whereas previously you can do it on the go while creating a new chart. This is especially troublesome for chartsters like me who debuts songs that are highly unknown.

Creating new charts has become a new big hassle. There is a bug where the system automatically inputs entries from higher positions to the lower positions, and you are unable to remove them. Worse, you multiply them like bacteria. They deleted adding multiple rows for no good reason. The replicate function for previous chart is good but marred by the duplicate bug. The search song function is not as good as before, as the results include other songs that don't begin with these words and still don't incorporate artist name keywords to the search results.

How they managed to make posting charts a lot more inconvenient is beyond me.

This post has been edited by newsting: 4th January 2022, 04:05 PM

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 7th January 2022, 10:09 AM
Post #111
Group icon

We can now access the older website in an archived state, it means leaderboard are available to view again!

Just take note of this extra comment;

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 7th January 2022, 11:26 AM
Post #112
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

Glad to know this. Now I can continue doing my EOY. smile.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th August 2023, 12:05 AM
Post #113
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Remembered Crownnote a couple of weeks ago and decided to give it another try after using it for a period of time in 2017-17. Have spent much of the last 2 weeks inputting the remainder of my 12 years of charts in...! Decided to mainly do it as an extra back-up of my chart, but I like the layout and the leaderboards are cool (if increasingly slow the more data they're supposed to represent). Finished today with all 606 (!) of my single charts, and also album charts which are now available as a beta! Felt quite nostalgic going back through these charts, they're little time portals into periods of my life, and it brought back loads of emotions, both good and bad. Glad it's done now though and I got into a good rhythm with the "replicate" button which I didn't know existed before!

Anyway, here's my profile https://www.crownnote.com/users/josephstyles

+Quote this post
JSG
post 5th August 2023, 06:29 AM
Post #114
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I might actually follow suite and do what you've done. It would be a great back up for charts. I'm gonna pin this for now and others can sign up etc... Or just ahwtever they wanna do with it

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th August 2023, 05:43 PM
Post #115
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

It's a fab resource! I've slowly been adding the old Multicharts on there (I'm up to #142 now). Think it will be cool to see the artist histories and an all-time leader board for the Multi

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 6th August 2023, 03:32 AM
Post #116
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

I discovered Crownnote via a friend channel of Top Music Charts (an EDM chart channel) and decided to give a try because I wasn't satisfied in making my charts for personal satisfaction. Didn't realize that it's been 3 years since I'm joining there. Recently there are a few fellow bigroom house fans joining the site as well, which is a good thing!

Here's mine: https://www.crownnote.com/users/cow-cow

+Quote this post
JSG
post 6th August 2023, 02:22 PM
Post #117
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

So the last time I used crownnote was in 2016 so I've a lot of charts to add there. I'm currently working through my chart history on Buzzjack as well so I think Crownnote will be next on the list of things to do!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 6th August 2023, 02:27 PM
Post #118
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

It was very helpful in archiving charts and I sometimes use the website to find whether I have charted the song/artist before. The bugs since the new update have since been ironed out biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th August 2023, 02:45 PM
Post #119
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

QUOTE(k👠th the Night @ Aug 5 2023, 06:43 PM) *
It's a fab resource! I've slowly been adding the old Multicharts on there (I'm up to #142 now). Think it will be cool to see the artist histories and an all-time leader board for the Multi

Oh I love this! My only issue is that the all-time leaderboard is VERY slow when you have so many charts, I have 607 and it isn't actually loading, not sure if it would if I left it for a while laugh.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 6th August 2023, 02:56 PM
Post #120
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

the website seems to be amazingly slow still so I won't be going back to it, and as I last posted there in late 2017 it'd probably take me absolute ages to get up to date with it
as for chart archiving, I use an Excel spreadsheet

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:35 PM