BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
50 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Hollyoaks
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post 2nd January 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #1
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

The previous thread managed to eventually pass 50pages.

Talk about anything and everything to do with Hollyoaks in this thread. Upcoming storylines, shocks and thrills. But remember we have Spoiler tags : rolleyes.gif

Be Nice and Love Queen Mitzeee. heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chris_2k14
post 2nd January 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,347

When is Mandy coming back? She's surely due a return soon

+Quote this post
Doug
post 3rd January 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410

I really can't wait to see how this bullying storyline comes to a climax, I remember seeing that it ends this month and it looks like something could happen while esther has mitzee and maxine on her side. apparently esther is going to change her story to the police about the bus crash and tell them the truth, but I don't think that'd solve anything.

+Quote this post
jark
post 5th January 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Speculation is that Joel and/or Bart could be leaving next week. The spoilers suggest it.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 6th January 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Ooh, apparently Gillian Taylforth (from Eastenders and The Bill) is joining Hollyoaks!

+Quote this post
Torple
post 6th January 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
User: 35

QUOTE(Jark @ Jan 5 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Speculation is that Joel and/or Bart could be leaving next week. The spoilers suggest it.

Sounds very believable. There seemed to have been a focus in the past week of slowly cutting Joel's ties to both Brendan and Theresa. And Bart was surely on borrowed time, there's only so long the teens could have kept up his involvement in the bus crash under wraps. Neither would be huge losses.

This post has been edited by Shoat: 6th January 2013, 09:27 PM

+Quote this post
Torple
post 9th January 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #7
Group icon

So RATHER INEVITABLE NEWS

Brendan leaves in March. With he and Mitzeee this year, Lynsey and Riley last year, you have to wonder how on earth the show is going to fill all these gaps, Brendan in particular. John-Paul McQueen alone isn't going to do it.

I'm going to guess on a Walker return to help bring about the end.

+Quote this post
jark
post 9th January 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #8
Group icon

Terrible shame but the day had to come. My preferred exit would involve him faking his own death but somehow allowing Cheryl and Ste in on the secret. It's the only way I can foresee him leaving Chester alive in non-boring fashion.

+Quote this post
Doug
post 12th January 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon

it's been confirmed that on january 21st's episode, esther is going to attempt suicide.

This post has been edited by Doug: 12th January 2013, 08:28 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 14th January 2013, 04:11 AM
Post #10
Group icon
🙄

Urgh, It's annoying when all your favourites are leaving at once. I was just coming to terms with Mitzeee leaving, but this departure is as devastating!

This post has been edited by WALL-E: 14th January 2013, 04:11 AM

+Quote this post
jark
post 14th January 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #11
Group icon

But Esther doesn't die Lee?

+Quote this post
Torple
post 14th January 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #12
Group icon

On a more positive note, Cheryl's short-lived flirtation from Hollyoaks Later will be making an appearance in the main show. It's about time she got some.

Looking forward to the Esther development, not in the sense that it will be pleasant viewing, but Hollyoaks are usually rather good at dealing with "issue" storylines, and this one has been building up for a while. It'll be interesting to see how Sinead and Ruby are dealt with, in that unlike Maddie who was out-and-out evil, there are extenuating circumstances for Ruby who appears to genuinely believe Esther killed her fiancee.

+Quote this post
G𝓪𝓻y
post 19th January 2013, 12:21 AM
Post #13
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277

Today's E4 episode was heart breaking.

+Quote this post
Doug
post 19th January 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #14
Group icon

agreed, probably the most I've ever felt from any soap in a long time. jazmine franks is such a brilliant actress.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th January 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It was absolutely brilliant, total props to Jazmine who is one of their brightest stars right now I think! Perfectly played on all accounts actually, but especially Jazmine as she was just amazing! I agree with Doug too, it's the most I've actually REALLY felt for a soap character in a long time. Really can't wait to see the fallout and whether it will give Ruby and Sinead a much needed metaphorical slap in the face (although a real slap in the face, preferably with a brick or something heavier would be even better), although for them all to just be friends again would be stupid. I really don't know what will happen which makes it even more exciting to see unfold.

+Quote this post
jark
post 22nd January 2013, 09:01 PM
Post #16
Group icon

HOLY SHIT at the last two eps (c4). Brilliant doesn't BEGIN to do it justice. I hope everybody involved in Esthergate gets some much deserved comeuppance. Ruby to DIE.

+Quote this post
G𝓪𝓻y
post 23rd January 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #17
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277

Ruby to DIE agreed. Sinead is also surely due to give birth to the devil child!

+Quote this post
Torple
post 23rd January 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #18
Group icon

I'm actually quite surprised with the route they've taken, I had assumed that as soon as the suicide attempt happened, that would be the end of it and everybody (Ruby and Sinead included) would be falling over themselves to repent. As uncomfortable viewing as it all is, I guess it's quite responsible that Hollyoaks haven't used a suicide attempt as a method to wrap everything up nicely or portrayed it as an easy way of acquiring sympathy and love.

The actual suicide attempt episode was outstanding - that final minute in the hospital with Esther yanking the tubes out was quite harrowing (and the use of Silent Hill-esque music was inspired). Esther's scream of anguish upon realising she was still alive was also a masterstroke. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I can see this story ushering a fair few characters out of the show now. Jen's clearly f***ed (especially if spoilers for next week are to be believed). And I can't see any way back for Ruby or Sinead (and with no Sinead, that pretty much leaves Diane out in the cold as well). I still think the implication is that Ruby genuinely believes Esther is the evil murderess she claims her to be rather than simply being Maddie Mark II, but nevertheless there's no way she can feasibly continue with the Osborne family once it all comes out. And Sinead will be without boyfriend, baby daddy, and friends - and presumably now Bart's gone she's also fair game for the wrath of Jacqui once more.

This post has been edited by Shoat: 23rd January 2013, 12:16 AM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 23rd January 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #19
Group icon
🙄

I'm quite happy the route that they've taken Esther's storyline. The last thing I want is Esther forgiving Sinead & Ruby and them three being best friends. It's been quite uncomfortable viewing the Esther storyline, but I've enjoyed in regardless if that makes any sense. Jasmine Franks has really shone as an actress.

Apparently Tilly is leaving Hollyoaks, as when a fan asked if she was leaving, she didn't answer and said you will need to watch and find out.

Relief all round for viewers who want Esther's bullies to get their comeuppance - magazine reports have revealed that the week beginning Monday, February 4 will be a big one as Ruby and Sinead's guilt is revealed.

Ruby has been tipped to face "grave danger" herself in the episodes, but will there be justice for Esther?

This post has been edited by WALL-E: 23rd January 2013, 01:04 AM

+Quote this post
Torple
post 23rd January 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Tilly going wouldn't surprise me. I think she's one of the more likeable of the teens, despite the Jen silliness, but she's also the only one there without any firm ties to the rest of the cast, so unless she is randomly adopted by the McQueens or embarks on a lesbain romance with Esther (unlikely) she probably is fooked.

+Quote this post

50 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 06:34 AM