BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
50 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Hollyoaks
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
G𝓪𝓻y
post 24th January 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #21
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277

PHOEBE JACKSON FOR DAMEHOOD PLEASE.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
cassius__
post 24th January 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #22
Group icon
equally cursed & blessed
User: 6,654

Jazmine Franks has been amazing acting this out. Esther is by far the best teen on the show (followed by Pheobe). I really want Ruby to die, she really is completely blinded by being a Maddie Part 2. Hoping this is the end of Jen too. I do quite like Tilly, but she needs to get away from the whole Jen storyline / most of the teens tbh, but I don't really know how that will happen.

I hope Diane leaves too, such a pointless character. And despite hating Sinead 'on the weed' O'Connor, she is a great actress.

+Quote this post
jark
post 24th January 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #23
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

You HOPE DIANE LEAVES? Get out.

In other news Mitzeee is going to discover she's pregnant with Riley's baby.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 24th January 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #24
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Surely she would have noticed earlier?

+Quote this post
jark
post 26th January 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #25
Group icon

Apparently Lacey has left. The website lists her as departed. No on-screen exit. What the fuck?

+Quote this post
Torple
post 26th January 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
User: 35

It's hardly the first time they've done that (Ricky? Lesbain Jodie? Wheelchair Pete? Sinead's little brother who got a girl pregnant at 12?), but it IS an incredibly lazy and disrespectful practice.

Apparantly Carli Norris (Martha) has also stated she has not filmed any scenes for a long time. Not looking good for the Kanes, which is a shame, because I thought they were a very promising family unit. Certainly more so than the DIRE Savages (wtf is Liberty still doing in employment?)

+Quote this post
Torple
post 28th January 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #27
Group icon

Interesting tidbit possibly relating to the bullying outcome...

The Daily Hatemail has an interview with an actress who had a minor part in Harry Potter alongside Anna Shaffer (Ruby), and they let slip that Shaffer is off to seek opportunities in America.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 28th January 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #28
Group icon
🙄

As much as I dislike the storyline I fully believe Anna Shafter has been fantastic during the bullying storyline also. This leaves the only teens being Phoebe, George, Esther and Sinead. I hope Tilly stays as I believe she's one of my favourite teens.

Also, the outcome of the Kane storyline has been horrific, I wonder what the excuse for Lacey leaving is going to be.

This post has been edited by WALL-E: 28th January 2013, 10:43 PM

+Quote this post
jark
post 28th January 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #29
Group icon

Tilly slapping Jen was glorious. I can't wait for the head to get his comeuppance either.

+Quote this post
jark
post 1st February 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #30
Group icon

Another departure announced: Cheryl leaves the same week as Brendan in March. HO really is going to look very different in six months time.

+Quote this post
Torple
post 1st February 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #31
Group icon

That's a genuine shame, albeit no great surprise. The whole Northern Irish contingent of Bronagh Waugh, Emmett Scanlan and Karen Hassan always stood out as being a group who could easily make decent careers for themselves away from Hollyoaks, and I remember thinking it was only a matter of time before they left when they were all cast in this upcoming BBC series, The Fall(?). It's testamount to the talent of Waugh that she eventually managed to create a sympathetic character capable of depth, when she spent the first few years playing a cartoon.

It's definitely a loss for Hollyoaks though, because I just can't see that any of the newer characters introduced over the past couple of years are ready to fill the shows of the recently and to-be departed. I have a horrible feeling they will continue to try and push the Savages, Texas and Theresa as leading characters.

+Quote this post
Torple
post 4th February 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #32
Group icon

So some faintly LUDICROUS news.

Clare Devine is BACK. I really don't see how or why, given she's supposed to be in jail, and pretty much everybody she interacted with are either dead, in jail, or on the run.

+Quote this post
jark
post 4th February 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #33
Group icon

It doesn't matter why, she's an ICON. BRING IT ON.

"Are you travelling first class?"
"Always."
*smirks into camera*

AMAZING.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 5th February 2013, 03:26 AM
Post #34
Group icon
🙄

Oh, this is GREAT news!

She's actually one of my favourite Hollyoaks characters ever! Gillian Taylforth (Famous for playing Kathy Beale) is joining Hollyoaks also with 5 sons . I really hope we manage to get some more Hollyoaks people returning, especially to fill the void of QUEN Mitzeee.

Emma Rigby, Zoe Carpanter, Jessica (the one that robbed Darren of the money). I for once is actually worried about the teens. We're left with Sinead, Esther, George, Tilly, Dylan(Who gets like no screen time) and Phoebe. Apparently Tilly & Ruby are leaving.

I must admit the deadwood actors seem to be gone and judging by recent spoilers I wouldn't be surprised to see if Will left once his lies are exposed.

+Quote this post
Torple
post 5th February 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #35
Group icon

If we must travel back in time to 2006, then I also demand the return of MAD OLD BAT Kathy Barnes, pretend rubbish-gai Craig Dean, and fit fireman Ben Davies. But not Ravi Roy or Katy Fox. EVER.

Also Kirkwood will NEVER succeed in ridding the show of the deadwood actors whilst the actually OFFENSIVE Liberty and Theresa remain.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 5th February 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #36
Group icon
🙄

Ben & Lisa returning would be fantastic!

+Quote this post
jark
post 5th February 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #37
Group icon

Ben was better with Izzy than Lisa. Anyway isn't he dead now? I think he was shot at the end of In the City.

+Quote this post
Torple
post 5th February 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #38
Group icon

I think we can quite do without Lisa, the walking advertisment for chronic depression.

Izzy was marvellous, although if they'd just use Annalise a bit more, they'd have a more than adequate substitute for that one.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 9th February 2013, 03:41 AM
Post #39
Group icon
🙄

Regarding Mitzeee's exit...

Mitzeee ‘s concerned about Carl’s hunt for Walker, and when he reveals his plan to do a live TV broadcast on Sky TV with Eamonn Holmes, as he’s got the perfect alibi, Walker will die…

Thinking she’s doing the right thing, Mitzeee goes to the police, but Carl persuades her that this isn’t the way to get justice and she subsequently agrees to follow Carl’s plan, so Mitzeee and Carl put their final preparations in place for tomorrow.
In the meantime, Mitzeee has the abortion to think about, but when she feels a twinge in her stomach, the realisation that she’s carrying a child hits her. Can she really go through with it?

Later, Carl’s appalled to hear Mitzeee called the deal off with the hit man, and angered further to hear she’s having the baby, but he decides to go ahead anyway. Things take a shocking turn when Mitzeee starts bleeding heavily…

Later in the week, Mitzeee heads to the TV studio for her interview with Eamonn, but Carl isn’t there. Instead, he’s waiting at a hotel for Walker. Mitzeee goes on TV as planned and sends a message to Carl; she’ll go to America with him.

However, unable to stay in Hollyoaks anymore, he tells Mitzeee it’s now or never if she wants to leave. Mitzeee then decides she has to tell Brendan about Walker…

So, basically Mitzeee instead of leaving returns to Hollyoaks, why do I get the feeling she's going to be killed from Walker?

+Quote this post
Torple
post 12th February 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #40
Group icon

Further departures, airing next week.
Rob and Annalise reunite and leave for London when Annalise gets a new job, which all takes place in the space of one episode.

A pretty low-key, can't-be-arsed exit. No surprise given they haven't had a storyline for the best part of a year. I guess that leaves Barney in a precarious position as well. It's a shame really, as that student group worked really well together, and were certainly more likable than the Texas/Will/Leanne/Doug student group that they've chosen to focus on instead.

This post has been edited by Shoat: 12th February 2013, 12:33 AM

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:53 AM