BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Killing Eve | Season 3, April 12th 2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post 13th May 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #41
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

I’d also put money on Villanelle eventually dying while saving Eve.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 14th May 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #42
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I think those type of episodes can always be tricky (see Eleven's special episode in Stranger Things) but it pulled it off imo! It was great to see a different side to Villanelle rather than just going on another mission to kill someone or to tease Eve and to see her almost settle into a form of life. There were moments where she was starting to enjoy herself amongst a family where she actually lives a very solo life, and that dancing to Elton John scene was great!

I agree there is a lifespan to the series or at least a lifespan to keeping Eve and Villanelle apart. The show really sparkles every time they meet but how many times CAN they actually meet until it becomes repetitive. It might be good to see them team up but I'm not sure under what circumstances that could be, unless Villanelle goes against the Twelve.

I can't see Carolyn killing Kenny but she might be aware of who did it, or know more than she's letting on. I don't think she's part of the twelve though, I think that would be lazy writing!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 18th May 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #43
Group icon
🙄

It wasn’t the most exciting episode but I think we’re building up to Villanelle v the 12 and I can’t see konstantin be killed off in the next two episodes!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 18th May 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #44
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

After two really strong episodes this one felt like it went on forever laugh.gif there were bits I tuned out of so I think I’m gonna watch it again.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 18th May 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

It certainly feels like it’s lost its spark? I don’t know

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th May 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #46
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I really liked that one but maybe because I’m really loving Carolyn this series, feels each week is a bigger exploration of her character. There was some good stuff with Konstantin too and that last scene was quite chilling!

Honestly, the weak point seems to be Eve at the moment. With Villainelle’s storyline moving away from her, she’s becoming a bit more inessential to the show. I feel Nico surviving lost the impact that had. She needs a breakthrough in her storyline either by joining Villainelle or being in some sort of danger from the Twelve rather than just being a bystander.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th May 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

QUOTE(Klaus @ May 18 2020, 10:02 PM) *
I really liked that one but maybe because I’m really loving Carolyn this series, feels each week is a bigger exploration of her character. There was some good stuff with Konstantin too and that last scene was quite chilling!

Honestly, the weak point seems to be Eve at the moment. With Villainelle’s storyline moving away from her, she’s becoming a bit more inessential to the show. I feel Nico surviving lost the impact that had. She needs a breakthrough in her storyline either by joining Villainelle or being in some sort of danger from the Twelve rather than just being a bystander.

Just a non essential post to say I agree.

I like the development of different characters this season and it doesn’t feel quite so much like a retread. Eve is definitely being given the worst arc so far this series though, I don’t really care about anything she’s doing.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 18th May 2020, 09:50 PM
Post #48
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Klaus @ May 18 2020, 10:02 PM) *

Omg ik, it is a bit Hollyoaks ludicrous that she survives getting shot then he survives getting a spear rammed through his throat :') Eve has barely registered for me this series.

This might be a minor niggle but what's affecting it a bit for me is the episodes being dripfed to us once a week rather than all at once, I binged the first two series and this time I'm finding myself having to remind myself what happened last week at the start of each episode.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 20th May 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ May 18 2020, 07:37 PM) *
It certainly feels like it’s lost its spark? I don’t know

Definitely agree. I loved the first season, where I was super excited each week to see a new episode. The second series was already a bit of a let down, but with the third series I feel like they have kind of lost it. It's not bad, it's just a bit dull. Very surprised they have already signed up for a fourth season as well.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 20th May 2020, 04:13 PM
Post #50
Group icon
🙄

I actually loved Season 2

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 20th May 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Eve is the title character but she’s kind of the least interesting character in the show now.

Carolyn is great this series and I loved the Villanelle in Russia episode.

But overall this is kinda meh. I think it should end with S4.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 20th May 2020, 05:32 PM
Post #52
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I do really love Carolyn's development and the new characters like Dasha have been really good, but I agree it's just not quite coming together well. Eve really has been dire this season, and don't get me started about them not actually killing Nico...that was a trashy fakeout that this show should be well above, and srsly WHAT is the point of him now? :/

Also, I swear they are literally teleporting to other countries at the speed they get there? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 20th May 2020, 05:48 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

I also thought the series is using tele-transportation biggrin.gif

I like s03 so far

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 25th May 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #54
Group icon
🙄

I feel like the build up for the finale, this one has probably been the slowest.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 26th May 2020, 12:10 AM
Post #55
Group icon
is in hibernation

Does anyone ever die on this f***ing show anymore

Nah an actual good episode this week! I screamed when Aberdeen came up omg

EDIT: Okay I just realised after this that Mo died in this very episode :’) but still the amount of false deaths is getting a bit silly.

This post has been edited by Andrew.: 26th May 2020, 12:11 AM

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 26th May 2020, 05:04 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

^agree, it's like they really cannot let go of the characters

+Quote this post
p a v
post 28th May 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #57
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I’m absolutely loving this but that episode in Russia was so far from reality. Yeah most of the actors are native Russian speakers and they don’t have any trace of an accent (btw the coach in the young Dasha scene is not one of them lmao) but the details ruin the overall feeling.

It was obviously filmed somewhere like Poland or just in the British countryside. Don’t even get me started on them ALL being able to communicate in English laugh.gif You wouldn’t get that level even in big cities.

Although I’m still in awe with Jodie speaking French and Spanish so well though <3

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 30th May 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

and even Catalan!! <3

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 1st June 2020, 06:59 AM
Post #59
Group icon
is in hibernation

The chemistry in that final scene cheeseblock.png I too was so expecting Geraldine to have some role, but no! That episode left me with more questions than answers ngl laugh.gif

I’m one of the seemingly few people who enjoyed Season 2 almost as much as 1, but this is deffo quite far behind unfortunately. Still DECENT obvs.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 1st June 2020, 08:27 AM
Post #60
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Batwoman, Ruby Rose rumoured to be joining the cast for Season 4 as Villainelle’s ex-girlfriend,

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:37 AM