BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BuzzJack Parafam, introduce yourself
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Linds.
post Mar 3 2019, 01:55 AM
Post #1
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176

Hello!

So if this is your first time checking this area of BuzzJack out I'd just like to personally welcome you to the site and more specifically our little Paramore forum! Whether you're a long-term fan of the band or have just stumbled upon them, everyone is welcome to enjoy and participate in the discussions we have going on here - it really is a case of the more the merrier angel.gif

Please feel free to introduce yourself in as much or as little detail as you like and really get stuck into the community here! I hope you stick around heart.gif

____

My name is Lindsey, if you've joined us from twitter you might have seen me kicking about there as MisguidedDecoy or more recently linds_jpg (i felt it was time for a rebrand but the lil paramore stan inside still v much exists x)

I'm 22, from Scotland and have been a masiveeeee Paramore fan since 2009 but of course I liked the songs from their Riot! era that I'd heard before then I just didn't really know who they were properly until I'd seen the video for Brick By Boring Brick on one of the music channels and I instantly fell in love with everything about it. It just so happened my brother had bought Brand New Eyes so let me borrow it but I listened to it that much it basically just became my own personal copy and with that I was hooked, started working my way through their previous albums and as they say over in the Gaga forum a stan was born laugh.gif

I've only managed to see them live twice - both Scotland dates of their 2017/2018 After Laughter tours. I tried to get tickets to their Edinburgh Corn Exchange gig in 2012 but they sold out before I got the chance and that's my first experience of real heartbreak tbh.

My favourite album is After Laughter. I feel like that will be a common answer among a lot of fans just because of how personal it is and how easy it is to relate it to your own life. That's definitely my main reason, it came out just at the right time for me and it's still an album I got back to when i'm facing Hard Times. I'm always more drawn to really energetic and upbeat songs anyway so the fact that this album has so many bops (talk to me about RCB tbh) just makes it absolute perfection for me. I adore their other albums as well but if I was to rank them it would be something like: After Laughter > Brand New Eyes > All We Know Is Falling > Riot! > Self-Titled but the order of the middle 3 constantly changes kink.gif

Although I do think The Singles Club EP is EXTREMELY underrated and is up there with their best releases. I always wonder what it would have sounded like had they had it as a full length album with some other songs they recorded around that time as literally every song on that EP is a 10/10. I might even go as far to say that Hello Cold World is my favourite pmore song ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John-James
post Mar 3 2019, 02:53 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,665

Hello everyone! You might recognise me from other areas of the forum but I thought I'd talk a little bit about me regarding Paramore because I've never really expressed much interest in them in other threads.

I'm 23 and from the North East of England, near Durham to be precise. Like Linsdey my love for Paramore began in 2009. I was aware of them before then but never took much notice as I wasn't massively into that style of music when I was younger. The moment it all changed was back when Ignorance debuted in the UK charts; I was sat in my room listening to the chart on Sunday like I was always did and when I heard the song I instantly loved it! From there I checked out some of their earlier stuff and finally fell in love with Misery Business (whilst secretly kicking myself for taking so long to see the light). I discovered that a few of my friends in school where really big fans and when tour dates came out, we all got tickets to see them at Newcastle. It was my first proper concert experience and it was AMAZING. I still remember it like it was yesterday. The next day at school, loads of people in my class were talking about it (turns out most of the class went!) and I found out that someone Hayley had got on stage was actually one of my class mates brother!

In terms of my favourite album, I'd probably say Brand New Eyes as a result of the whole 2009/2010 nostalgia plus I think that's the sound they suit the most. I love all their albums though and really like how they've changed it up a bit with the past two albums by integrating more modern production styles into the music.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Mar 3 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #3
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

Howdy y'all!

My name is Oliver, 28 in five days time, and I'm also from the north east of England (Blyth to be exact but my nearest city is Newcastle so I normally just say there laugh.gif). I've been a Paramore fan since the very beginning (ohmy.gif), having heard their songs 'Pressure' on Kerrang and 'Emergency' on a fan-made video of horror film Stay Alive in late 2005/early 2006!!! Having also been a fan of Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco since 2005 as well you can say I've got a soft spot for the indie label Fueled by Ramen. happy.gif

I've had all of their albums, including The Singles Club (good shout Lindsey with 'Hello Cold World' wub.gif), and even created a Paramore fan website as part of my university degree! I've also been to see them live in Newcastle in 2010, and tried (but failed sad.gif) to get tickets for Parahoy in 2014 as it was sailing on my birthday.

In terms of albums, I'd have to say Riot! is my favourite, followed closely by Paramore and All We Know is Falling. Possibly controversial not having Brand New Eyes in the top three! kink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:43 AM