BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kanye West - DONDA, LP10 | this week?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Jul 18 2021, 08:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

There are rumours abound that Kanye is hosting a listening party for his 10th studio album as soon as this coming week. Some are even suggesting that the album could be dropping very soon after that.

ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 18 2021, 08:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Jesus Is King was a major misstep but I have grown to really really adore The Life of Pablo and even ye over the past few months. The former is a great consistent listen and the latter is heartbreaking and brutally honest about his bipolar condition.

I hope this is more in line with the insane quality of albums 1 through to 8!!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 20 2021, 05:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The way this actually could be coming this week mellow.gif

Def Jam Recordings has appeared to confirm that a new Kanye West album is on the way.

Speculation built over the weekend that West will drop a new album in the near future, following rumours of an exclusive listening event for the record being held in Las Vegas.

Claims of West’s new album being close to release first came from internet personality Justin Laboy, who said that the rapper played the album for both him and professional basketball player Kevin Durant over the weekend.

“Kanye played his new album for me & @KDTrey5 last night in Vegas,” Laboy wrote.

Today (July 19) a Twitter post by West’s label Def Jam read: “YZY SZN”. The “YZY” part presumably refers to one of West’s nicknames, Yeezy.

There has been no official confirmation, however, nor any details of a release date.

Laboy added in his tweets yesterday (July 18): “The production is light years ahead of it’s [sic]time, and the bars sound like he’s broke & hungry trying to get signed again. Any artist who plan on dropping soon should just push it back”

He also shared a photo of what is allegedly West playing music for him and Durant.

In two further individual tweets, Laboy claimed that West’s new album will be arriving at some point this week.

“Kanye West album is really done,” he wrote, “When it drops this week, we probably not going to listen to anything else for a while..”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/kanye-west-r...g-event-2996805

Bring it on! cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Jul 20 2021, 05:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
It's difficult to get excited for new material from Kanye as who knows what the quality or length of it will be? But I'm always interested to see what he comes up with good or bad and will probably cherry-pick the decent songs from the bunch! There was some bits of Jesus Is King I did enjoy in the end. Follow God and Selah were my faves.

I'd imagine it'll be upon us pretty soon, he's not one to quality check laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 20 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
'JESUS IS KING' was certainly not his best work to say the least and I hope he will be moving away from that sound a bit again but it wasn't a completely unsalvageable era, 'Follow God' and 'Use This Gospel' were both excellent songs and there were a few other solid tracks on there too. 'Wash Us In The Blood' was a great single too so I still think there's great potential for the next album to be better. (We don't talk about 'Nah Nah Nah')

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jul 20 2021, 09:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Kanye dropping an album to celebrate Bré becoming the new mod?

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Jul 21 2021, 03:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
Donda is the title of his upcoming album due out this Friday. "No Child Left Behind" is previewed in a new Beats By Dre commercial featuring Sha'Carri Richardson.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Jul 21 2021, 06:27 AM
Post #8
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
I can’t believe it’s actually happening.
I have such high hopes for this but I’m going to go in with an open mind because I don’t want to be disappointed again :’)

Haven’t listened back to Jesus is King or ye at all really, they were both such a step down in quality from all his other albums. But then 808s / MBDTF / Yeezus is the strongest run of albums from any artist ever for me, so it was always going to be hard to follow those up. I liked Pablo a lot but that didn’t come close to the holy trinity either. I’m hoping that because he’s taken a while with this one (and there’s obviously been a lot going on in his personal life…), this one will be back to his old standard, because he really is incredible when he’s at his best.

QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jul 20 2021, 06:22 PM) *
I'd imagine it'll be upon us pretty soon, he's not one to quality check laugh.gif

Still so weird to read that about Kanye.
You’re completely right, but it’s just odd because he was such a perfectionist before.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 21 2021, 06:38 AM
Post #9
Group icon
I'd say every album of his has immense quality assurance except for Jesus Is King! ye is an odd one because it's so short but it works like that because the subject matter in it is quite harrowing and too much more of it might be a bit much.

My hiipe is SKY HIGH.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 23 2021, 01:47 PM
Post #10
Group icon
It has not been released cheeseblock.png

Truly a shocker cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 23 2021, 06:07 PM
Post #11
Group icon
'Donda' listening party concert was yesterday - 70k in attendance to hear an as-of-yet unfinished album cheeseblock.png

From Billboard on last night's event:

Kanye Dips Into His Nostalgic Bag For His Outfit Of The Day

Kanye knows a thing or two about fashion, so when it came to his outfit choice on Thursday, all eyes were glued to what he'd pulled out of his wardrobe. Dressed in a red puffer jacket from his upcoming YZY Gap line, a tan mask, red pants and a pair of unreleased Adidas Yeezy 1020V, Kanye came ready to show out. Fans may remember Kanye pulled out a similar outfit for his performance at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. He wore a red suit and a matching pair of Kanye West x Louis Vuitton Don sneakers.

Kanye Takes The Bandage Off His Wounds Regarding His Family

Emotion is something Kanye doesn't lack, and there are several songs on DONDA where he leaves his emotions all on the table. There was one record where Kanye repeatedly said he was losing his family, a straightforward response to all the commotion regarding his divorce from Kim Kardashian. Kim filed for divorce in February after months of rumors surrounding issues between her and Kanye.

Chicago Gets Their Kanye and Lil Durk Dream Collaboration

Lil Durk is one of the most popular rappers in the game today and another sign that Chicago breeds music talent. In January, Lil Durk paid tribute to his fellow Chicagoan with the song "Kanye Krazy," and the accompanying music video featured Durk recreating various iconic Kanye videos. Fans called for a collab between the two, and they finally got their wish when Kanye played a song featuring Durkio and Jeremih off the new album. Just last week, Lil Durk said he missed the flight to record a verse for Kanye.

Lil Baby, Baby Keem & Roddy Ricch Show Out With Their Scene-Stealing Features

DONDA is stacked full of features from Pusha T, Playboi Carti, Lil Durk, Pop Smoke and more. Three features got some of the biggest reactions of the night, though. Baby Keem, Roddy Ricch and Lil Baby delivered stellar verses on their respective tracks, with Kanye giving them more than enough real estate to get their bars off. This is the first time any of these rappers have gotten on a track together with Kanye and they didn’t disappoint.

JAY-Z and Kanye Confirm Their Reconciliation On DONDA

Kanye closed the night in a major way when the last track he played surprised everyone in attendance and watching at home. The song featured an electric guitar-laden beat with Kanye singing about going to jail with an unexpected guest feature. JAY-Z crept onto the track with a smooth flow that announced the possible return of The Throne. The moment is a relief, especially after things seemed to go sour between the two after Ye went on his infamous rants during the Saint Pablo Tour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/960...=later-19152553

+Quote this post
Marty
post Jul 24 2021, 07:22 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,128
Really struggle to just forget Kanye’s Trump and Maga love in.
Tbh he’s finished for me.

+Quote this post
ManicKangaroo
post Jul 24 2021, 05:23 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,007
Seems to have been pushed back to 6th August

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Jul 24 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
QUOTE(ManicKangaroo @ Jul 24 2021, 06:23 PM) *
Seems to have been pushed back to will-not-be-released

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Aug 5 2021, 09:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
There’s an Apple Music event teaser on the app for the ‘Donda’ release!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 5 2021, 10:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's coming tonight !!!?

I won't be able to listen until next week :/

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Aug 9 2021, 04:07 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
"Hurricane" is the title of the track #2 (out of 24 songs) from the album and features The Weeknd and Lil Baby.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Aug 9 2021, 01:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
QUOTE(HausofWillow @ Aug 5 2021, 11:56 PM) *
It's coming tonight !!!?

I won't be able to listen until next week :/

No one is going to be able to listen to it any time soon don't worry basil.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Aug 9 2021, 01:55 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The latest rekease date is Aug 15... which year, remains to be seen.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Aug 15 2021, 01:20 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Mike Dean has quit the project according to NME, so safe to say the album is not coming out anytime soon.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:45 AM