BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> creating a Poll, how to do it
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post 28th February 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

perhaps i'm missing something really obvious here, but i'm having problems creating a Poll.
i've entered the title of the Poll, and the content (which i asume is the question), and when i get to add choice- i click on it, and nothing happens. i don't see the box to enter the choice.

can someone help?

thanks
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
m
post 28th February 2016, 12:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

So when you go to "Add Poll Choice", you don't get a box to enter one of the possible answers? Maybe it's a browser problem? You could try and see if it comes up on another browser. And yes, the "Poll Content" part is the question. I don't see what you could be doing wrong.

Edit: If all else fails, you could always ask someone who is a moderator on that part of the forum to add in the poll for you.

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 28th February 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

QUOTE(Mattias @ Feb 28 2016, 12:15 PM) *
So when you go to "Add Poll Choice", you don't get a box to enter one of the possible answers? Maybe it's a browser problem? You could try and see if it comes up on another browser. And yes, the "Poll Content" part is the question. I don't see what you could be doing wrong.

Edit: If all else fails, you could always ask someone who is a moderator on that part of the forum to add in the poll for you.

thanks for the post

nice to know i'm at least doing the right thing (for once, lol)

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 2nd August 2016, 11:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Quick question, but does anybody know the limit of poll choices you can have on this forum as well as the maximum number of choices allowed per member in a poll?

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 3rd August 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

QUOTE(awardinary @ Aug 3 2016, 12:24 AM) *
Quick question, but does anybody know the limit of poll choices you can have on this forum as well as the maximum number of choices allowed per member in a poll?

You are allowed 15 more question(s) with 50 choices per question (so I think it's 16 questions max)

Also by ticking "Multiple choice question?" that lets members choose as many options as they wish.

This post has been edited by ᔕᑭIᑎᑎIᑎG ᗩᗪᗩᗰ: 3rd August 2016, 04:30 PM

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 28th August 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I want to raise a request on the subject of polls...

Most other forums I've visited allow you to view poll results without it sabotaging your ability to vote in the poll yourself.

All I'm saying is, remove the "Null vote" rule and allow others, namely the poll creator, to view the results, even if he or she has not yet voted, and allow the ability to still vote at a later time.

That is what I desire for my weekly Now Music reviews, I tend to cast my own vote a few days after creating the poll, but I would still like to see how others have voted.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 28th August 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I'd say that was purposely input to avoid biased voting ie choosing to specifically be with or against the majority/minority.

+Quote this post
m
post 9th November 2016, 10:18 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Just want to give a little heads up. People (including myself at first) sometimes have trouble creating polls because they think they've created it, but when the thread is published, the poll is nowhere to be seen sob.gif I may be wrong but I think I've noticed from personal experience that this happens when you click "Close Poll Form" after you've put in all the info, so don't click that when you're finished, just leave it open!

And of course if you have trouble, then any mods would be happy to put in a poll for you and manipulate it. jk about the last part of course, we would never do that unsure.gif xx

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:50 AM