BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> TV Shows you're watching in 2024, + post your lists from 2023!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Jan 10 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
My Lists:

2023: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=7491493
2022: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=7256170
2021: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=7031930
2020: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=6757675
2019: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=6414982
2018: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=6153706

cheer.gif Post your lists of the TV shows you watched in 2017!

If you like, you can share thoughts on the shows you've seen and whether you'd recommend others checking them out.

I really had to rack my brains to recall all of these... I don't think I've missed any out! I'll have to make sure to make a note of everything I watch this year. cool2.gif

Note: I'm choosing not to include any soaps / reality TV in my list, but you guys can if you wish.

TV shows I watched in 2017:

These are the season(s) of the above shows I watched throughout 2017, as well as the TV channels/streaming platforms I watched it on:

13 Reasons Why (Season 1) [Netflix]
The 100 (Season 4) *
American Vandal (Season 1) [Netflix]
Big Little Lies (Season 1) [Now TV]
Big Mouth (Season 1) [Netflix]
Black Lake (Series 1) [BBC iPlayer]
Born to Kill (Series 1) [Channel 4]
Chewing Gum (Series 2) [All 4]
Doctor Foster (Series 1 & 2) [BBC iPlayer]
Fear the Walking Dead (Season 3) *
The Fosters (Season 1, 2, 3, 4 & first half of Season 5) *
The Good Place (Season 1 & the first eight episodes of Season 2) [Netflix]
Lady Dynamite (Season 1) [Netflix]
Loves, Lies & Records (Series 1) [BBC iPlayer]
Man in an Orange Shirt (Mini-series) [BBC iPlayer]
Overshadowed (Mini-series) [BBC iPlayer: BBC Three]
Riverdale (Season 1 & the first nine episodes of Season 2) [Netflix]
The Sinner (Mini-series) [Netflix]
Skam (Season 1, 2, 3 & 4) *
Stranger Things (Season 2) [Netflix]
Teen Wolf (Season 1, 2 & 3A) [DVD]
Timeless (Season 1) [All 4]
The Walking Dead (Second half of Season 7 & first half of Season 8) [Now TV]
When We Rise (Mini-series) *

* I watched these via online hosting sites, due to lack of availability in the UK (Although when it comes to The 100, I was too impatient to wait to watch it at UK pace, oops!)

----------

If you're interested to read more about a certain show, you can click the pictures above and it'll direct you to their IMDb pages!

I actually really enjoyed the vast majority of what I've listed above. It was a fantastic year for TV! I assume many of us have seen Stranger Things and 13 Reasons Why, but if you haven't... you simply must! *.* 13 Reasons Why was very hard-hitting, at points difficult to watch - but considering it's tackling a difficult subject matter, it's a very entertaining series - a must watch. I have a huge amount of affection for Stranger Things; I'd already regard it as being one of my favourite TV shows of all time. wub.gif For me it's sci-fi done at its compelling best.

I would strongly recommend Big Little Lies and The Sinner if you're looking for a great drama series. They're both very different to each other plot-wise, but what they do have in common is that they have strong female leads, they're extremely well written and they make for very compulsive viewing!

I found Timeless to be a really fun watch, imo it deserves more attention! It's a time travel sci-fi series. "It follows the adventures of history professor Lucy Preston (Abigail Spencer), scientist Rufus Carlin (Malcolm Barrett) and soldier Wyatt Logan (Matt Lanter) as they attempt to stop Garcia Flynn (Goran Višnjić) from changing the course of American history through time travel.". Can't wait for Season 2!

The Fosters has been airing in the US since 2013, but I only stumbled upon it this year after seeing a Tumblr gif set and being intrigued. Unfortunately it's not available at all in the UK, so I had to turn to online hosting sites to view it! "The Fosters is an American family drama. It follows the lives of the Foster family led by lesbian couple Stef and Lena, a cop and school vice principal, respectively, who raise one biological and four adopted children in San Diego, California." I binge-watched 90 episodes of it within three weeks in the summer! It has quite a soapy feel-good factor to it, but it tackles an array of issues in entertaining but sensitive ways, including LGBT issues and the foster care system.

Skam was a truly fantastic show - one of the most realistic and honest portrayals of teenage life, covering a wide range of issues including sexuality, religion, mental health and eating disorders. Unfortunately it's only available to watch via online hosting, with subtitles translated by fans of the show, but it's well worth checking out.

When it comes to comedies, Big Mouth was a pleasant surprise. It's incredibly lewd so it's not for the faint-hearted amongst you, but I found it to be extremely funny and actually rather relatable (after all, we've all had to suffer the difficult years of adolescence drama.gif ).

American Vandal was another revelation. I wasn't sure what to expect out of a mockumentary based on true crime, but what transpired was something incredibly engrossing - even with its rather absurd premise! laugh.gif

Honestly, the only show I'd suggest you all give a miss from the above list is the Nordic noir Black Lake. Despite the 6 hours running time across 8 episodes, I never felt emotionally invested in any of the characters whatsoever, and it was ultimately a lot more daft than it was creepy. Avoid it!

----------

IMDb Scores (out of 10):

9.0 - Stranger Things
8.8 - Skam
8.6 - Big Little Lies
8.5 - The Walking Dead (I'd agree with the score based on the earlier seasons, but it's severely dipped in quality across the past couple of seasons... sad.gif )
8.3 - 13 Reasons Why
8.2 - American Vandal
8.1 - Big Mouth
8.1 - Man in an Orange Shirt
8.0 - The Sinner
7.9 - The Fosters
7.9 - The Good Place
7.8 - The 100
7.8 - Doctor Foster
7.8 - Riverdale
7.7 - Chewing Gum
7.7 - Teen Wolf
7.6 - Lady Dynamite
7.6 - Timeless
7.5 - Overshadowed
7.3 - Born to Kill
7.2 - When We Rise
7.0 - Fear the Walking Dead (Admittedly the first couple of seasons are patchy, but I really feel like it's hit its stride in Season 3 and is currently superior to The Walking Dead!)
7.0 - Love, Lies & Records
6.2 - Black Lake
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Jan 10 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
I love your use of the official logos in the OP! wub.gif

Of those that I have seen, Love, Lies and Records was by FAR the worst! How on earth it managed a 7.0 average on IMDB I do not know!

My list off the top of my head:

13 Reasons Why
Back
Bancroft
Born to Kill
Broadchurch
Case
Cold Feet
Doctor Who
The Fosters
Girl Boss
Girls
How to Get Away with Murder
Liar
Love, Lies and Records
The Mindy Project
Modern Family
The Moorside
New Girl
Orange Is the New Black
Riverdale
Scandal
Sherlock
Stranger Things
Strike
Three Girls

And possibly more kink.gif Controversially, I think OITNB was my favourite series of 2017! I liked the slight change of format and it didn't feel like it had the usual mid series slump that the previous seasons had suffered. 13 Reasons Why was probably my favourite new series although I really enjoyed Girl Boss too and was sad to hear it hadn't been renewed for another series.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 10 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
Yes, a beautifully formatted first post there Jay *.* Here's my list (I'll include soaps but not reality shows as that's for another forum):

13 Reasons Why (I watched the first three episodes only, I find the concept difficult but it was executed rather well I guess)
Cold Feet (as someone who's not seen the original series, I've really enjoyed the revival and the second comeback series continued the high quality of the first)
Coronation Street (well and truly back on form, it's must-watch TV again and now my favourite soap after a little while of preferring EastEnders and Emmerdale)
Doctor Who (a brilliant final series for Capaldi and Moffat, with Bill being the most likeable companion since Donna 9 years before. The finale was superb, among the best Nu Who episodes)
EastEnders (a largely terrible year, picked up at Christmas but it really hasn't been vintage)
Emmerdale (as consistent as always!)
Mrs Brown's Boys (I don't get the hate, the Xmas specials were as enjoyable as always!)
Riverdale (after the dull first episode almost put me off, I've finally been converted to a fan, incredibly watchable even if it's a little bit ridiculous)
Scandal (continued watching, been a fan for a while, I enjoyed season 6 even if it was rather messy at times, and season 7 is off to a good start)
Stranger Things (it took me a while to get round to this in the end but it really is great, mostly for the characters)
Teen Wolf (my OBSESSION of 2017, I binge-watched the first 5 and a half seasons in two weeks and of course, the final half of season 6 was a fitting end to the show. Likeable cast, interesting storylines, it ticks all the right boxes for me, most I've enjoyed a show in a LONG time)
The Good Place (brilliant, so funny throughout with a likeable cast and a fantastic plot!)
The 100 (watched the first four seasons for the first time and really enjoyed)

I may end up adding more as I remember them, but I think that just about covers it. More new shows than usual for sure, thanks to us now having a Netflix subscription at home.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post Jan 11 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008
Feud: Bette and Joan - My TV highlight of the year. Amazing wub.gif
The Good Place - Best comedy of the decade! So funny. I missed shows like this, it kinda reminds me of Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me
Girlboss - Shouldn't have been cancelled. I love that it's set in the mid-00s, it makes me so nostalgic cry.gif
Grey's Anatomy - Still amazing!
Party of Five - Slowly watching this on Netflix. I'm on season 2. JLH wub.gif
Nashville - Season 5 is amazing, Rayna's death is one of the saddest moments ever, I cried cry.gif
American Horror Story (Roanoke and Cult) - Haven't finished Cult. Both seasons started really well but went off the rails when they stopped focusing on the original couple (Shelby & Matt, Ally & Ivy)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - So underrated!
Grace and Frankie - Just started this, really liking it. Great cast
The Sinner - Great miniseries
Orange is the New Black - This season really disappointed me, it took me months to finish instead of a weekend
13 Reasons Why - Good but overrated
Orphan Black - How did I miss this for so long!?
How to Get Away with Murder - Wes cry.gif
Empire - Going downhill tbh cry.gif
Stranger Things - 80s. Winona Ryder wub.gif
American Gods - Love wub.gif

I'm dying to watch Big Little Lies - Nicole and Reese wub.gif

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: Jan 16 2018, 12:00 AM

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jan 12 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
In order of preference and rated out of 10

10 - Twin Peaks - The Return - Absolutely stunning and it still has me pondering things even now. And probably for another 20 odd years
10 - The Handmaid's Tale - Best new show by miles and one of the best acted things I've ever seen on TV
10 - Black Mirror - Always really smart and really well made
10 - Stranger Things 2 - Doesn't have the all new 'wow' factor of season 1 but builds on it well
09 - Game Of Thrones - A bit disjointed and felt much was glossed over but when it's good it is amazing
09 - Black Sails - Highly impressive final season and Captain Flint is one of the most nuanced and complex characters I've seen on TV in years
08 - The Sinner - superbly acted miniseries that's not so much a whodunnit but a why did they do it
08 - The Man In The High Castle Strong second season
08 - The Orville - Didn't think I'd like this but it is delightful. A true love letter to Star Trek: TNG, frequently surprisingly good and not as puerile as I feared.
07 - Gotham - The shows best season yet. Still a few wrinkles and it's embracing its comic book background better each year. Looks glorious too
07 - Vikings - Struggling to find direction without its exceptional former leading man and the script is still overbearing at times but a solid season
07- The Expanse - Started season 2 so well but dipped towards the end
07 - The Punisher - Best marvel show for a while
07 - Star Trek Discovery - It is Star Trek but doesn't often feel like it. Good show, terrible Kingons
07 - Fear The Walking Dead - Growing stronger with each season and better than TWD but dipped after a great mid season
07 - Arrow - Return to past strengths but not a show I'd ever take too seriously. Great crossover episodes
07 - The Strain - Final season tied it all up satisfyingly but a shadow of it's excellent debut season
06 - The Flash - Weaker than before, but the crossover was good
06 - Doctor Who - Disappointing swansong for a great Doctor let down by uninspiring scripts and stories
05 - The Exorcist - It's ok but became a bit boring midway
05 - Legends Of Tomorrow - Great characters and some fun ideas but beginning to lose interest
04 - The Walking Dead - Parody of its former self. May give up soon
04 - Defenders - Jessica Jones is brilliant, the rest have their merits but this was dull except when they were snarking at each other
03 - The Mist - Uninspiring but passed the time

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 15 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
In no particular order:

The Moorside
Decline And Fall
Three Girls
Strike
Gunpowder
The Durrells
Bucket
The A Word
Westworld (Alas, I suddenly stopped at Episode 7. Haven't seen it since like February)
Doctor Who
Father Ted
Mock The Week
Have I Got News For You
Impossible
Pointless
That game show involving links (I forgot its name. And no, It's not The Weakest Link.)
The Chase [?]
Tipping Point [?]
Rick And Morty (I became a fan of this show before the crazes involving Schezuan Sauce and "I'M PICKLE RICK!")
Gravity Falls
Samurai Jack
Not Going Out
Tracey Ullman's Show
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Tracey Breaks The News
Two And A Half Men
Mrs Brown's Boys
The Big Bang Theory
Miranda (Such fun!)
Seinfeld
Death Note
Grace And Frankie
Horrible Histories
Trapped!
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Bob's Burgers
The Amazing World Of Gumball (Managed to watch every episode of the show this year.)
Regular Show
Adventure Time
We Bare Bears
Harvey Beaks
The Loud House
Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil
Milo Murphy's Law
OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Welcome To The Wayne
Unikitty
Invader ZIM
Fairly OddParents
SpongeBob SquarePants
CatDog
The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Evil Con Carne

Update: Forgot to add The A Word

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Jan 28 2018, 11:07 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 1 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Here's everything I watched in 2018! (I don't have the patience to search for images like I did for my 2017 list kink.gif )

If I've written "continued" it means that I started watching that particular season in 2017! If I've not written down what the season number is, it means it's the first one and as of yet there isn't a follow up season.

The 100 (Season 5)
A Very English Scandal
American Vandal (Season 2)
Big Mouth (Season 2)
Black Mirror (Season 4)
Butterfly
Bodyguard
Champions
Derry Girls
Doctor Who (Series 11)
Elite
The End of the F***ing World
Fear the Walking Dead (Season 4)
The Fosters (Season 5 continued)
Glow (Season 1 & 2)
The Good Place (Season 2 continued / Season 3)
Grace and Frankie (Season 1, 2, 3 & 4)
The Haunting of Hill House
Homecoming
Humans (Series 3)
Keeping Faith
Kiri
Maniac
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Season 1 & 2)
My So-Called Life
Riverdale (Season 2 continued / Season 3)
The Sinner (Season 2)
Timeless (Season 2)
The Walking Dead (Season 8 continued / Season 9)
Westworld (Season 1)

I started with Westworld Season 2 but didn't get beyond Episode 2... perhaps I'll get back to it at some point. Otherwise I don't recall starting any shows and not finishing them! I also rewatched Season 1 and 2 of Kath and Kim which I’d already watched many years ago.

Reality:

Drag Race (Season 1, 2 & 8) [Also part way through Season 3]
The Great British Bake Off (Series 9)
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! (Series 18)
Queer Eye (Season 1 & 2)
The X Factor (Series 15) [but I didn't watch the auditions, I tuned in at Six Chair Challenge]

I started watching Dancing on Ice, Love Island and Strictly Come Dancing but I gave up on all of them after a few weeks, oops. Then there's shows like The Chase that I watch every now and then.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jan 1 2019, 10:32 PM
Post #8
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
ooh Jay the secret Doctor Who viewer ohmy.gif

Can't be bothered to alphabetise my list as I just record them when I start watching them kink.gif, but:

One Tree Hill (season 1-9)
Celebrity Big Brother 21
McMafia
Eastsiders
Derry Girls
Mr Student Body President
Riverdale

Grey’s Anatomy (season 14)
Friends (season 1-10)
Altered Carbon
Santa Clarita Diet
(season 2)
Love Island (2018)
13 Reasons Why (season 2)
Dear White People
Queer Eye
Champions
Safe
Good Girls
Hollyoaks
Celebrity Big Brother 22

The Great British Bake Off (2018)
The Good Place (season 2-3)
Friday Night Dinner
 (series 1-5)
Plebs (series 1-3)
The 100 (season 1-5)

Atypical (season 2)
The X Factor (2018)
Big Brother 19
The Circle
Sugar Rush
The Apprentice
(2018)
Planet Earth II
Doctor Who
(series 11)
Celebrity Hunted (series 2)
Elite
Once Upon a Time
(season 7)
The Bi Life
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Don’t Watch This
The Haunting of Hill House
Great News
The Job Lot
(series 1-3)
Peep Show (series 1-9)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (season 1-4)
I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! (2018)
Super Drags
Hunted
(series 1-3)
Death By Magic
Stacey Dooley Investigates
Magic for Humans
You

There are a couple on there that I haven't finished watching, and I'll probably go back to them at some point.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jan 1 2019, 11:30 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
The Great British Bake Off (2018)
Dynasties
The X Factor (series 15)
The Voice (series 7)
Eastenders
Arrow
Flash
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow (slowly losing interest)
Supernatural
The Blacklist
Gotham
Strike
Westworld (season 2)
The Last Ship
Dr. Who
Blind Spot
Fear The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead
MacGyver
S.W.A.T.
Instinct (My favourite new series of the year with Alan Cumming)
Lucky Man
Marvel Agents of Shield
Constantine
The Gifted
Hawaii 5-0
Killing Zoe
Lucifer

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 2 2019, 12:14 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Beyond (seasons 1 and 2) | A decent show with some great ideas but I don't think it was ever executed as well as was hoped. I got a bit lost following Holden's story and I wasn't drawn to him and Willa like I should have been. I fell out of habit watching it a few episodes into season 2 and never continued, oops!

Big Brother UK (civilian series 19, celebrity series 21 and 22) | It was a shame to see BBUK draw to a close this year, but it certainly went out on a high. January's CBB series saw some fantastic conversations opening up, thanks in part to Courtney Act taking part. Autumn CBB proved to be a different kettle of fish though, most remembered for the entire Roxanne Pallet incident. Quite horrible to watch but undoubtedly a defining CBB moment. The civilian series went out on a high too - a back-to-basics cast and outlook saw great results, with my absolute favourite being Cameron. With some time to reflect, I think I'd quite happily class him as my favourite winner since I started watching (with series 14, secrets & lies). Relatable, realistic, and a super fan to boot. What a way to conclude a groundbreaking show!

Big Brother US (civilian season 20, celebrity season 1) & Big Brother Canada (season 6) | I actually prefer the US and Canadian versions of Big Brother to the UK, and I was very satisfied with the selection this year. I was very surprised at just how well the first batch of celebrity housemates got stuck into the game! Ross Mathews was the shining star for me, and it's a shame he didn't win, but hey, bitter juries were the theme this year. Big Brother Canada came next - the season that almost never was - and I'd say it was probably the weakest season in a little while. That's not to say it wasn't great though - I didn't really root for anyone, until Derek and Kaela started beasting it at the end. Kaela deserved to win IMO, but I liked Paras enough too! Finally, Big Brother US 20, a landmark season. Normally BBCan outdoes BB US each year, but this year it really didn't. BB20 was firing on all cylinders with some great gameplay, and I was rooting for Level 6 most of the way so I was delighted to see the alliance triumph. Tyler should have won I think but Kaycee was deserving too!

Coronation Street | It's slowed down a bit compared to 2017, but nevertheless there's been a lot to praise in Corrie this year. The Phelan saga finally wrapping up was done in style and with lots of drama, and David's rape was a superbly executed hard-hitting storyline. Aidan's suicide was handled appropriately and delicately, and although I can't stand Kate, I really enjoyed her and Rana's relationship too. Less of the "innocent person gets sent down" storylines though please, Sally's storyline is really dragging now.

Doctor Who (series 11) | I really liked the fresh approach to the show, and although there were some definite teething problems and area sfor improvement next time, Jodie Whittaker's off to a fantastic start as the Thirteenth Doctor. I really like the three companions but I think I'd like them more if there were only one or two, there's not quite enough time to focus on them all. That said, Bradley Walsh is a revelation! Now we've got everything set up, please can we introduce some bigger threats for series 12?

EastEnders | Glimmers of brilliance among yet another unremarkable year, which is such a shame as I had high hopes for John Yorke's tenure, especially after his first stint. Shakhil's stabbing was a moment of brilliance all round, and the Slaters have been the shining stars of the show since Kat, Jean and Mo returned. I also really liked the consent episode with Ruby, set exclusively in the Queen Vic. Lots of improvements still to make but I'm quite excited for Kate Oates' work to start airing...!

Emmerdale | Keeps its title as the most consistent soap without a doubt, and is now leading the way for inclusivity. The introductions of Matty and Ryan are two of the best moves of the year. In Matty's case, it's great to see a trans actor playing a trans character, but it's even more brilliant to see that Matty's not defined by this. Ryan's similar, although with regards to cerebral palsy instead. Ryan's been an integral part of my favourite storyline of the year - Charity. Emma Atkins has shone so much and I'm so glad Emmerdale have finally realised what a gem she is.

Greenhouse Academy (seasons 1-2) | Very light viewing with 25 minute episodes and plots that aren't particularly heavy. I thought it was a soap-y type show but it ended up swerving into science fiction by the end laugh.gif I actually rather enjoyed it though, it's silly but very watchable, and I'm actually pretty excited for season 3.

Grimm (seasons 1-6) | One of my favourite discoveries of the year, courtesy of my mum! Grimm is a brilliant fantasy show with such a strong lead cast. My opinions changed on some of them throughout the show - Juliette had the most varied experience, while Adalind proved to be the biggest grower, but mainstays like Rosalee and Monroe were invaluable. The plots were easy to watch and follow, but still gripping and surprising at moments too.

I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! (series 18) | Somehow this ended up being possibly my favourite series yet. I was sceptical of Holly replacing Ant at first; she is undeniably a pro and great at what she does, but I wasn't sure about the chemistry with Dec, especially when so much of IAC relies on the Ant & Dec interactions. However, Holly put me at ease very quickly, and she was effortlessly hilarious throughout. The line-up was amazing too, I knew everyone to some degree! My favourites included Fleur, James, Rita, and of course Anne - her chat about her autism is one of my favourite TV moments of the year.

Riverdale (season 2) | I was quite enjoying the mystery surrounding season 2, but I ended up quitting a few weeks before the end of season 2. I can accept some unrealistic plotlines but this show takes the biscuit, and the Serpent storylines were absolutely tedious. Jughead became increasingly unlikeable and I wasn't sure I actually liked anyone by the time I stopped. When I place so much importance on character in shows, it's a miracle I actually lasted as long as I did with Riverdale.

Scandal (season 7) | The final season wrapped up with a pretty satisfying ending I think. I really liked a lot of the storylines over the last season, it tied it back to Olivia more, in a way that I enjoyed as I felt she was becoming very difficult to root for before. Shame it's over, but I need an excuse to go back and rewatch it all!

The 100 (season 5) | This felt like a more focused season than 3 and 4 were, which is no bad thing at all. It felt like the characters all had a solid purpose and a consistent portrayal, although I'm not so sure I liked Octavia being more of a villain so I hope she gets a redemption in season 6. Raven and Murphy remain the most watchable characters for me!

The Fosters (seasons 1-6) | Jay finally got me watching this and I've not looked back. This show is all kinds of special, proving to be exactly the type of show that we need on TV. Every member of the Adams-Foster family brought something, although it was Stef and Lena who consistently proved themselves to be the most watchable, providing the foundations for such a great show. I wish it hadn't ended, but I'm excited for Callie and Mariana's adventures in Good Trouble, plus everyone's cameos of course!

The Good Place (seasons 2-3) | After binging all of season 1, I had to get used to the one-episode-a-week format of The Good Place while watching season 2, the second half of which came in 2018. It's still as brilliant a show as it was when it started though, with the strength lying in the superb characters that have been created. D'Arcy Carden is a revelation as Janet and I'll never not adore Jameela Jamil either. Season 3 is very entertaining too so far, excited to see it resume in 2019.

The X Factor (series 15) | I'll always enjoy X Factor, and although it's FAR from its glory days, I found quite a lot to enjoy this time round. The new judging panel really worked for me; Robbie was entertaining, Louis knew his stuff, and I enjoyed Ayda's rapport with both Robbie and Simon, even if she was undoubtedly the weak link. The talent was decent although some very unremarkable people got way too far in the competition. Brendan was of course my favourite throughout. Dalton was a decent if quite unremarkable winner.

Travelers (seasons 1 and 2) | Really enjoyed this when watching it the first time, and I'm giving them both a rewatch now before I start season 3 as a memory refresh! Philip is quite easily the most likeable character for me, and although she has her flaws, Carly is very easy to like too. Marcy perhaps less so, I find her more cold, but her and David are such a great pairing.

A few others that I'm not particularly inclined to type reviews for, but I kinda watch them like clockwork anyway:

Benidorm (series 10)
Dancing On Ice (series 10)
Love Island (series 4)
Mrs Brown's Boys (special episodes)
Strictly Come Dancing (series 16)
The Apprentice (series 14)
The Voice UK (series 7)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 2 2019, 12:46 AM
Post #11
Group icon
QUOTE(Calum @ Jan 1 2019, 10:32 PM) *
ooh Jay the secret Doctor Who viewer ohmy.gif

laugh.gif I hadn't watched since the Matt Smith era, but I was intrigued to see Jodie in the role! wub.gif

Your list reminded me that I forgot to include The Great British Bake Off! (+ Love Island, although I didn't stick with it for long heehee.gif )

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jan 2 2019, 12:14 AM) *
The Fosters (seasons 1-6) | Jay finally got me watching this and I've not looked back. This show is all kinds of special, proving to be exactly the type of show that we need on TV. Every member of the Adams-Foster family brought something, although it was Stef and Lena who consistently proved themselves to be the most watchable, providing the foundations for such a great show. I wish it hadn't ended, but I'm excited for Callie and Mariana's adventures in Good Trouble, plus everyone's cameos of course

wub.gif Such a special show. I really want to make time to give the entire thing a second viewing, someday!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jan 2 2019, 12:59 AM
Post #12
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Do we need to put in any spoiler tags

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 3 2019, 01:47 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Doctor Who (Watched every episode of the Nu Who run)
Gavin And Stacey
Cleverman (Series 2. Excellent series)
Mr. Robot
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Strike: Career Of Evil
Miranda
Mock The Week
Not Going Out
Pointless
Impossible
Have I Got News For You
The Simpsons
BoJack Horseman (I'm so glad that I got into this show. Ended up watching all five seasons and liked them all)
Disenchantment
Big Mouth
Rick And Morty
Mrs. Brown's Boys
All Round To Mrs. Brown
Tracey Breaks The News
Top Of The Pops
The Year In The Life Of A Year 2018
The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2018
Gareth Malone's Music Quiz that aired on September
The Button (I think I might have seen an episode of this)
The Durrells (Series 3)
Dynasties (I now appreciate David Attenborough more as a journalist)
Regular Show (Managed to finish this show. Had a marvellous finale)
Adventure Time
The Amazing World Of Gumball
We Bare Bears
SpongeBob SquarePants

Need to see Bodyguard when I have the chance to do so

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 3 2019, 11:43 AM
Post #14
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
I'm going to have to keep a list for this year tongue.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 21 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Decided to bump this topic a bit earlier this year because I've watched a lot of TV already!

Which shows have you watched so far in 2019?

I've put a "+" next to seasons that are currently ongoing. I've also written "cont." (continued) next to seasons that I began watching prior to 2019.

Big Little Lies (Season 2 +)
Big Mouth (Valentine's Day 2019 Special)
Black Mirror (Season 5)
Black Summer (Season 1)
Chernobyl (Miniseries)
Derry Girls (Series 2)
Doctor Who (New Year's Day 2019 Special)
Fear the Walking Dead (Season 5 +)
Fleabag (Series 2)
Good Girls (Season 1 / Season 2)
Good Trouble (Season 1 / Season 2 +)
Grace and Frankie (Season 5)
Killing Eve (Season 1)
No Good Nick (Season 1A)
One Day at a Time (Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3)
Riverdale (Season 3 cont.)
Schitt's Creek (Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5)
Sex Education (Season 1)
Special (Season 1)
Stranger Things (Season 3)
Teen Wolf (Season 3B / Season 4 / Season 5A / Season 5B / Season 6A / Season 6B)
The 100 (Season 6 +)
The Good Place (Season 3 cont.)
The Society (Season 1)
The Walking Dead (Season 9 cont.)
Years and Years (Series 1)

Reality:

Queer Eye (Season 3)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shows I started, but gave up:

The Real O'Neals
An American sitcom from 2016/17. I watched a couple of episodes of this and found it okay, but I couldn't find the full season online to continue watching it!

Will and Grace
I know this is a classic & loved show, but I watched 5 episodes of it and I wasn't really feeling it to the extent of devoting a lot more time to it...! cry.gif I'll see about giving it another go someday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to start watching Killing Eve (Season 2) & Queer Eye (Season 4)!

If any of you are interested to read my views on any of the above shows & whether or not I'd recommend them, I'll reply *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jul 21 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #16
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jul 21 2019, 07:01 PM) *
Decided to bump this topic a bit earlier this year because I've watched a lot of TV already!

Big Little Lies (Season 2 +)
Derry Girls (Series 2)
Doctor Who (New Year's Day 2019 Special)
Good Girls (Season 1 / Season 2)
The 100 (Season 6 +)
The Society (Season 1)
Years and Years (Series 1)

If any of you are interested to read my views on any of the above shows & whether or not I'd recommend them, I'll reply *.*

Fabulous idea Jay *.* A lot of amazing shows on your list there - most of which I still need to get around to watching though. laugh.gif I've selected some above though, would love to hear your thoughts on them (particularly Big Little Lies and The Society. I'm planning on watching the latter anyway, but I've always been intrigued by Big Little Lies but haven't taken the plunge yet lmao).

----

My own list (in order of when I watched):

Amazing Interiors (seasons 1-3)
Doctor Who (2019 special)
Stacey Dooley Investigates (all episodes)
Instant Hotel (seasons 1-2)
Ultimate Beastmaster (season 3)
Sex Education (season 1)
The Good Place (season 3)
Grace and Frankie (season 5)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (seasons 1-4)
Riverdale (season 3)
Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes (season 1)
Russian Doll (season 1)
Hollyoaks (all episodes)
Africa (series 1)
One Day at a Time (seasons 1-3)
The Final Table (season 1)
Burnistoun (series 1-3)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (season 5)
After Life (season 1)
Rostered On (season 1)
The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann (season 1)
Extras (series 1-3)
Queer Eye (season 3)
Impractical Jokers (season 1)
The Order (season 1)
Santa Clarita Diet (season 3)
RuPaul's Drag Race (seasons 1-11)
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (part 2)
Dead to Me (season 1)
Special (season 1)
BONDING (season 1)
Schitt's Creek (seasons 1-5)
Black Mirror (series 5)
Dancing Queen (season 1)
The IT Crowd (series 1-5)
Our Planet (season 1)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 21 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I found Big Little Lies Season 1 to be very compelling/addictive viewing! Lots of drama, some of it heavy. I feel like the second season meanders a bit more, not quite as essential, but it's still fun to watch if for nothing else but the actresses being so fantastic. wub.gif

I have a feeling you'll enjoy The Society, an intriguing mystery & full of suspense/shocking moments. Some of the acting a bit suspect, but passable heehee.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jul 22 2019, 11:26 AM
Post #18
Group icon

Doctor Who (New Year's Day special)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Adventure Time
We Bare Bears
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Big Mouth (Valentine's Day special)
Big City Greens
Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil
Amphibia
The Amazing World Of Gumball (ended off with an excellent finale)
Summer Heights High (as well as the spin-off Ja'mie: Private School Girl)
The Hit List
The Disappearance Of Madeleine McCann
Outnumbered
Miranda
Father Ted
Dad's Army
Blackadder II
Mock The Week
Have I Got News For You
Frankie Boyle's New World Order
The Mash Report (I think I saw an episode of this)
The Good Place
Archer

Don't know if Hip Hop Evolution counts, but I might add that in as well.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 22 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Doctor Who [Resolution] | The most typical Doctor Who episode of Jodie's reign so far and all the better for it!
Good Trouble [seasons 1 & 2] | A fantastic continuation of The Fosters with the same amount of heart in it and some stellar new characters.
Light as a Feather [season 1 - part way through]
One Day at a Time [seasons 1-3, several times over x] | heart.gif my favourite new show of the year, so warm and absolutely hilarious, yet brilliant at social commentary without being patronising to the audience.
Stranger Things [season 3] | My favourite season so far, definitely the most I've gotten into it!
The 100 [season 6] | I enjoyed last season but this is possibly even better!
The Good Place [season 3 cont.] | continues to be hilarious and so good at what it does, twisting the plot in unexpected directions!
The Order [season 1] | A very solid first season, interesting plot strands and it took me in a direction I really didn't expect.
The Society [season 1] | Brilliant concept, it's like The 100 season 1 meets Under the Dome! Lots of unlikeable characters but compelling viewing.
Travelers [season 3] | Felt much darker than previous seasons with higher stakes. An odd ending... which now won't be extended on cause it's cancelled sad.gif
Years and Years [season 1] | DEPRESSING AS f*** and all the better for it !!!!! The show we all need in 2019.

I've also watched Teen Wolf from start to finish on my own again kink.gif alongside watching the episodes Jay listed with him *.*

I think I've covered all the notable stuff beyond the usual soaps, reality shows, etc!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jul 22 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
I really should keep a list sad.gif I've watched SO much. Think I'll start keeping track from Jan 2020!

+Quote this post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:35 PM