BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OCC: Calvin Harris' Official Top 20 biggest UK singles
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JCM20
post Sep 21 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,819
   No Gallery Pics

When you think of Calvin Harris, one word that immediately springs to mind is 'hit-maker'.

The Scot has been turning out bangers for the past nine years; ever since his debut single Acceptable in the 80s hit Number 10 in March 2007. Since then, he has achieved seven Number 1 singles, one massive million selling classic and has produced material for Kylie Minogue, Scissor Sisters, Rihanna, Cheryl Cole and Rita Ora.

Calv has an impressive 20 Top 10 singles under his belt, and this Friday (September 23), Calvin's new single My Way is expected to become his 21st. Not too shabby, right? Before that nice round figure has a 1 stuck on the end, we thought to look back at his near ten-year chart history and rank his 20 biggest singles. Will all of his Top 10 tunes make it into the list?

With streams and sales are combined, let's delve into the Top 5...

5. Blame

One of Calvin's most euphoric singles, this John Newman-featured belter is one Calvin often closes out his sets with. Blame was Calvin's third consecutive Number 1 during the Motion album era and was a tough act to follow. The song debuted at the top spot, shifting a combined tally of 70,000 and held in the Top 10 for eight weeks straight. To date, Blame has accumulated combined chart sales of 818,000.

4. Summer

Another single from his fourth studio album Motion, Summer was the album's lead single and went straight in at Number 1, riding a wave of momentum following his previous top spot hogger, the non-album track Under Control. Featuring Calvin on vocals, this track was the soundtrack summer 2014 (well, it wasn't going to be winter was it?) and pushed past the 100,000 barrier in week one with a combined total of 106,000. The song is also Calvin's biggest hit with himself on vocals. Too bad I'm Not Alone. Overall, the track has garnered combined sales of 874,000.

3. This Is What You Came For

The first of two Number 2 hits in Calvin's all-time Top 5, this bad boy was kept off Number 1 by the almighty One Dance by Drake. Not sure if you've ever heard of that one - people tend to forget it was ever Number 1.

Calvin's second hook-up with Rihanna, This Is What You Came For has been a monster hit in 2016. It became Calvin's 20th Top 10 single and RiRi's 28th(!) and achieved over 100,000 combined sales for two weeks running. No doubt Calvin is a little miffed he missed out on an eighth Number 1, but he will certainly be happy with its lifetime total: 1,065,000.

2. How Deep Is Your Love

Another song that had to settle for second place, it is back at the runner-up slot again on this list. Calvin tag teamed with Disciples in 2015 for How Deep Is Your Love, which has so far racked up a combined chart sales figure of 1,119,000. Although not Calvin's biggest hit when streaming and sales are combined, it is the most streamed smash in his repertoire and has been played over 70 million times in the UK. The songs that kept this off Number 1? One Direction's Drag Me Down and Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor's Marvin Gaye.

1. We Found Love

Rihanna is back again, this time for the million-selling We Found Love. To date, the song has sold 1,404,000 units, a figure that rises to a combined total of 1,583,000 when streaming data is included. Calvin's only million seller, it has shifted 777,000 more copies than the DJ's second biggest seller Dance Wiv Me, his collaboration with Dizzee Rascal and Chrome.

We Found Love topped the Official Singles Chart on two separate occasions, staying on top for six non-consecutive weeks. A song so nice, it was Number 1 twice!

The rest of the Top 20
Calvin's second collaboration with Ellie Goulding Outside comes in at Number 6, some 137,000 combined chart sales behind Blame. His first outing with Ellie I Need Your Love also makes the Top 10, as does Sweet Nothing, his duet with Florence Welch.

The only one of Calvin's Top 10 singles not to make the cut in the Top 20? It is The Girls. Despite peaking at Number 3 in 2007, the song is at Number 21 overall, just behind the only non-Top 10 on the list, Pray To God which features HAIM and reached Number 35.

Here's Calvin Harris' Official Top 20 biggest songs in the UK:
1 WE FOUND LOVE RIHANNA FT CALVIN HARRIS 1,583,000 (1,404,000 pure sales)
2 HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE CALVIN HARRIS & DISCIPLES 1,119,000
3 THIS IS WHAT YOU CAME FOR CALVIN HARRIS FT RIHANNA 1,065,000
4 SUMMER CALVIN HARRIS 874,000
5 BLAME CALVIN HARRIS FT JOHN NEWMAN 818,000
6 OUTSIDE CALVIN HARRIS/ELLIE GOULDING 681,000
7 DANCE WIV ME DIZZEE RASCAL/CALVIN HARRIS/CHROME (627,000 pure sales)
8 FEEL SO CLOSE CALVIN HARRIS
9 SWEET NOTHING CALVIN HARRIS/FLORENCE WELCH
10 I NEED YOUR LOVE CALVIN HARRIS/ELLIE GOULDING
11 I'M NOT ALONE CALVIN HARRIS
12 BOUNCE CALVIN HARRIS FT KELIS
13 DRINKING FROM THE BOTTLE CALVIN HARRIS FT TINIE TEMPAH
14 UNDER CONTROL CALVIN HARRIS/ALESSO/HURTS
15 WE'LL BE COMING BACK CALVIN HARRIS FT EXAMPLE
16 LET'S GO CALVIN HARRIS FT NE-YO
17 THINKING ABOUT YOU CALVIN HARRIS FT AYAH MARAR
18 READY FOR THE WEEKEND CALVIN HARRIS
19 ACCEPTABLE IN THE 80S CALVIN HARRIS
20 PRAY TO GOD CALVIN HARRIS FT HAIM
©2016 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Sep 21 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Queen Ellie with 2 features in the top 10 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Sep 21 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #3
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

Poor I'm Not Alone not even top 10 sad.gif

+Quote Post
mowino
post Sep 21 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 20,150
   No Gallery Pics

This is What You Came For will end up #2 soon

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Sep 21 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Calvin was also heavily responsible for these hits;

Tinchy Stryder – Off The Record
Florence + The Machine – Spectrum (Say My Name)
Fatboy Slim & Riva Starr – Eat Sleep Rave Repeat

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 21 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #6
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

oops at 'The Girls' not being top 20, must've been a low sales period (surprised 'Pray to God' and 'Acceptable' have outsold it)

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Sep 21 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #7
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

Happy with his top two biggest sellers (for now). 'This Is What You Came For' is decent but doesn't come close to touching those two tracks - never quite understood its continued level of success, blatant name power aside.

Both of his Ellie collaborations don't do much for me either, but it's great to see 'Dance Wiv Me' still holding its own in that top 10 after so many years/subsequent hits, alongside 'Feel So Close' (the superior of the two solo tracks there) and 'Sweet Nothing'.

'Pray To God' remains such a baffling flop single - had everything going for it so a #35 peak still seems so wrong. Thankful for small mercies in scraping the list here at least!

This post has been edited by Noahspike: Sep 21 2016, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
andeeeeyhart
post Sep 21 2016, 08:40 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,713
   No Gallery Pics

How Deep Is Your Love and This Is What You Came For are so average.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 30 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 12,472

Calvin Harris' Official Top 20 biggest UK singles revealed
30 June 2017 | By Jack White

He recently achieved a 30th UK Top 40 single and his new album has just arrived - now we count down Calv's big ones.

When you think of Calvin Harris, one word that immediately springs to mind is 'hit-maker'.

The Scot has been turning out bangers for a full decade now; since his debut single Acceptable in the 80s hit Number 10 in March 2007. Since then, he has achieved seven Number 1 singles, one massive million selling classic and has produced material for Kylie Minogue, Scissor Sisters, Rihanna, Cheryl and Rita Ora.

Calvin has an impressive 22 Top 10 singles under his belt, and two Number 1 albums. Not too shabby, right? His latest album Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1, will be hoping to add to that tally.

To celebrate the album's arrival, jump in to a chart of the producer's biggest hits to date. With streams and sales combined, let's delve into the Top 5...

5. Blame

One of Calvin's most euphoric singles, this John Newman-featured belter is one Calvin often closes out his sets with. Blame was Calvin's third consecutive Number 1 during the Motion album era and was a tough act to follow. The song debuted at the top spot, shifting a combined tally of 70,000 and held in the Top 10 for eight weeks straight. To date, Blame has accumulated combined chart sales of 870,000.

4. Summer

Another single from his fourth studio album Motion, Summer was the album's lead single and went straight in at Number 1, riding a wave of momentum following his previous top spot hogger, the non-album track Under Control. Featuring Calvin on vocals, this track was the soundtrack summer 2014 (well, it wasn't going to be winter was it?) and pushed past the 100,000 barrier in week one with a combined total of 106,000. The song is also Calvin's biggest hit with himself on vocals. Too bad I'm Not Alone. Overall, the track has garnered combined sales of 933,000.

3. How Deep Is Your Love

The first of two Number 2 hits in Calvin's all-time Top 5, this bad boy was kept off Number 1 by One Direction's Drag Me Down. Apt because 1D did exactly that, halting Calvin from achieving an eighth Number 1.

Calvin tag teamed with Disciples in 2015 for How Deep Is Your Love, which has so far racked up a combined chart sales figure of 1.2 million. While your love is rather deep for this one, two songs have managed to appeal to the UK just that little bit more, even without Gigi Hadid in their videos...

2. This Is What You Came For

Another song that had to settle for second place, it is back at the runner-up slot again on this list.

Calvin's second hook-up with Rihanna, This Is What You Came For was a monster hit in 2016. It became Calvin's 20th Top 10 single and RiRi's 28th(!) and achieved over 100,000 combined sales for two weeks running. Despite those enormous sales tallies, the song never reached Number 1 - that spot was firmly occupied by Drake's One Dance. Good times, good times.

Although not Calvin's biggest hit when streaming and sales are combined, This Is What You Came For is the most streamed smash in his repertoire and has been played over 98 million times in the UK. Speaking of Calvin and Rihanna...

1. We Found Love

Rihanna is back again, this time for the million-selling We Found Love. To date, the song has sold 1,413,000 units, a figure that rises to a combined total of 1,673,000 when streaming data is included. Calvin's only million seller, it has shifted 808,000 more copies than the DJ's second biggest seller Dance Wiv Me, his collaboration with Dizzee Rascal and Chrome.

We Found Love topped the Official Singles Chart on two separate occasions, staying on top for six non-consecutive weeks. A song so nice, it was Number 1 twice!

The rest of the Top 20

Calvin's second collaboration with Ellie Goulding Outside comes in at Number 6, some 139,000 combined chart sales behind Blame. His first outing with Ellie I Need Your Love also makes the Top 10, as does Sweet Nothing, his chart-topping duet with Florence Welch.

So which two of Calvin's Top 10 singles don't make the cut in the Top 20? Despite peaking at Number 3 in 2007, The Girls is at Number 22 overall, while missing out by the skin of its teeth at 21 is the Top 10 that got it all started - Acceptable In The 80s.

Here's Calvin Harris' Official Top 20 biggest songs in the UK:

TITLE ARTIST CHART PEAK
1 WE FOUND LOVE RIHANNA FT CALVIN HARRIS 1 1,673,000 (1,413,000 pure sales)
2 THIS IS WHAT YOU CAME FOR CALVIN HARRIS FT RIHANNA 2
3 HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE CALVIN HARRIS & DISCIPLES 2 1,200,000
4 SUMMER CALVIN HARRIS 1 933,000
5 BLAME CALVIN HARRIS FT JOHN NEWMAN 1 870,000
6 OUTSIDE CALVIN HARRIS/ELLIE GOULDING 6 731,000
7 DANCE WIV ME DIZZEE RASCAL/CALVIN HARRIS/CHROME 1 (605,000? pure sales)
8 FEEL SO CLOSE CALVIN HARRIS 2
9 SWEET NOTHING CALVIN HARRIS/FLORENCE WELCH 1
10 I NEED YOUR LOVE CALVIN HARRIS/ELLIE GOULDING 4
11 BOUNCE CALVIN HARRIS FT KELIS 2
12 I'M NOT ALONE CALVIN HARRIS 1
13 MY WAY CALVIN HARRIS 4
14 DRINKING FROM THE BOTTLE CALVIN HARRIS FT TINIE TEMPAH 5
15 UNDER CONTROL CALVIN HARRIS/ALESSO/HURTS 1
16 SLIDE CALVIN HARRIS/OCEAN/MIGOS 10
17 WE'LL BE COMING BACK CALVIN HARRIS FT EXAMPLE 2
18 LET'S GO CALVIN HARRIS FT NE-YO 2
19 THINKING ABOUT YOU CALVIN HARRIS FT AYAH MARAR 8
20 READY FOR THE WEEKEND CALVIN HARRIS 3

©2017 Official Charts Company . All rights reserved.

+Quote Post
Sour Candy
post Jun 30 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 10,275
   No Gallery Pics

Poor Acceptable in the 80s.... Shame that sales were so low in 2007.

+Quote Post
FleetSeb
post Jun 30 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 17,989
   No Gallery Pics

It's interesting to see what is higher up given the timing of streaming's introduction and impact on the charts. For example, Feel So Close, Sweet Nothing and I Need Your Love all felt like much bigger hits than Blame, Summer and Outside.

+Quote Post
post Jun 30 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(FleetSeb @ Jun 30 2017, 02:34 PM) *
It's interesting to see what is higher up given the timing of streaming's introduction and impact on the charts. For example, Feel So Close, Sweet Nothing and I Need Your Love all felt like much bigger hits than Blame, Summer and Outside.

Outside aside, I wouldn't say Blame or Summer felt like smaller hits than the others you mentioned really?

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 30 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #13
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Had no idea Calvin had 7 #1s. I would've guessed about 4. That's even with the god knows how many #2s as well!

+Quote Post
JCM20
post Jul 9 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,819
   No Gallery Pics

Four number 2s on the bounce before he finally got the top spot with Sweet Nothing!

Any guesses for what TIWYCF is on now?

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 9 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #15
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

^ 1,454,000, as of June 30th! 980,000 derived from streaming.

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Jul 9 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jul 9 2017, 07:04 PM) *
^ 1,454,000, as of June 30th! 980,000 derived from streaming.

Wow, so only 474,000 sales? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 9 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #17
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

Indeed ohmy.gif Although I suppose nowadays that is quite a good pure sales total!

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jul 9 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

I never expected to see 'Summer' so high ohmy.gif Wow.

'Sweet Nothing' will always be my fave Calvin track. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Tangela
post Jul 9 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #19
Tangelic
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jase. @ Jul 9 2017, 11:17 PM) *
I never expected to see 'Summer' so high ohmy.gif Wow.

'Sweet Nothing' will always be my fave Calvin track. wub.gif

"Sweet Nothing" is up there for me but my top 2 are "How Deep Is Your Love" and "I'm Not Alone" for sure.

"Summer" is probably the worst of his 'massive' hits for me, although I do still like it... "My Way" is another one that seems too high up the list.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 17 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 12,472

Calvin Harris' biggest solo singles on the Official Chart
17 January 2018 | By Rob Copsey

He may be the King of collaborations, but Calvin doesn't always need a guest feature to land a hit.

Calvin Harris isn't shy when it comes to collaborating. In fact, more than 10 years into his career, he's not far off having teamed up with every major pop player in the business.

Fortunately, when that day comes, he's more than capable of having success when he goes it alone.

Celebrating his 35th birthday today (Jan 17), OfficialCharts.com has looked into which are his most successful tracks in the UK when you strip away the guest features.

The Scot came out the blocks solo for his debut single Acceptable In The '80s in 2007 - and with it delivered a distinctive nu-disco electropop sound. Peaking at Number 10 on the Official Singles Chart, the track is Calvin's sixth biggest solo song with 270,000 combined sales, including 5 million streams.

Calvin has notched up a mighty eight Number 1 singles so far, two of which are without the aid of a guest vocalist. His first was 2009's I'm Not Alone, the pensive, late-night trance lead from his second album Ready For The Weekend. The track logged two weeks at the summit, knocking Lady Gaga's Poker Face off the top in the first and holding off La Roux's In For The Kill for the second. I'm Not Alone ranks as Calvin's fourth biggest solo offering, with 647,000 combined sales, including 6 million streams.

Back in 2011, ahead of his third album 18 months, Calvin said he was putting his vocal chords into early retirement, saying he wanted to focus on production. It was short lived, because the record's second single, Feel So Close, is a Calvin-only club thumper - although technically speaking, there is no singing in the chorus and he's sing-speaking the verses at best. The song was a huge hit anyway, peaking at Number 2 and finishing second place on his all-time solo chart with combined sales of 725,000 to date, including 18 million streams.

After a string of Top 10 hits from his collab-heavy 18 Months album in 2012, Calvin returned to his solo self for the lead from 2014's Motion album. The song, Summer, did exactly what it said on the tin, becoming that year's song of the season. The track spent a week at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart and to date has notched up combined sales of 980,000, including 50 million streams. As well as ranking as his biggest solo single, it places fourth in his overall list - not bad for a man who once said he wasn't cut out for singing.

Calvin Harris' Top 10 biggest solo singles on the Official Chart

POS TITLE ARTIST PEAK YEAR
1 SUMMER CALVIN HARRIS 1 2014
2 FEEL SO CLOSE CALVIN HARRIS 2 2011
3 MY WAY CALVIN HARRIS 4 2016
4 I'M NOT ALONE CALVIN HARRIS 1 2009
5 READY FOR THE WEEKEND CALVIN HARRIS 3 2011
6 ACCEPTABLE IN THE 80S CALVIN HARRIS 10 2007
7 THE GIRLS CALVIN HARRIS 3 2007
8 FLASHBACK CALVIN HARRIS 18 2009
9 YOU USED TO HOLD ME CALVIN HARRIS 27 2009
10 FAITH CALVIN HARRIS N/A 2014

©2018 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:26 AM