BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nuggets 10 ● Results, full scoreboard on pg.10
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
seven.
post Jul 27 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #201
i can only do one normal thing a day
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

cheers for the votes guys, 18th is pretty good for this type of song

the lack of love for Tallest Man on Earth is shameful, it's a fantastic tune!

a good winner leww~ glad Wardy got a hit with Kaleo, can't go wrong with some simple banging blues rock <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 27 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #202
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Congrats Lew!! Thanks doing a great hosting job Jadda wub.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 27 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #203
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

04-07-12-25-16-08-07

a mixed bag, only one top 5 and all of a sudden that’s become a glass ceiling four top 10’s but two bottom 5’s. clearly consistency isn’t my strong suit

club bizarre next, the cycle never ends does it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 27 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #204
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Well done Leww *. I remember that song now and it was a real epic and beautiful build up, a wonderful winner. Poor Ari Ari, but hey not bad for Indian Street Metal *. 23rd I suppose is not too bad for a song like this, thanks to the six of you that were kind enough to point it :x

This was a great edition and was ofc. wonderfully hosted by you, Jade, many thanks <3

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jul 27 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #205
Buffy/Charmed
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SevenSeize @ Jul 27 2018, 10:46 PM) *
cheers for the votes guys, 18th is pretty good for this type of song

the lack of love for Tallest Man on Earth is shameful, it's a fantastic tune!

a good winner leww~ glad Wardy got a hit with Kaleo, can't go wrong with some simple banging blues rock <3

It got two 12s at least!!

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 27 2018, 11:39 PM
Post #206
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jul 27 2018, 09:42 PM) *
I would NEVER have put you down as AS IT IS Lindsey! Another great discovery, that song was head and shoulders above the rest for me! Thanks both for the points also biggrin.gif

Omg, thank you for the top points *.*

QUOTE(Cody Salton @ Jul 27 2018, 09:43 PM) *
always trust Lindsey to give us a good punk track

I thought this was really obviously me tbh!! Emo af x

FAB WINNER!! CONGRATS LEWIS!!! also fab hosting Jade, tysm for doing all of that wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 27 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #207
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Not bad for my first try, didn't know what to expect so was happy with anything and all my faves did solidly too!

Congrats Lew, a fab winner that really grew on me by the end wub.gif And thanks for great hosting Jade, sorry I didn't comment a bit more I was juggling about 8 things tonight oops!

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jul 28 2018, 12:19 AM
Post #208
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats! A worthy winner that has grown on me a bit since I voted (I didn’t even realise I voted so early until now tbh laugh.gif) although Kaleo is still a highlight wub.gif

I think that’s my highest position to date in a BJ contest kink.gif No more shade from Bre about being a contest flop x

I didn’t even think about falling into my usual pattern and sending an Australian artist, but I didn’t send one to the Pop forum contest so figured why restrict myself here... and found something way better than I expected heart.gif Thank you to everyone who gave Anna Calvi points heart.gif

Also Pete somehow it completely passed me by that your entry was from your personal chart laugh.gif I had just about 0 guesses for who sent what tongue.gif

Thanks for hosting Jade cheer.gif Maybe this sort of contest variety is more suited to my taste but I enjoyed most of the songs here which is probably more than I do in BJSC tbh... definitely here for the next Nuggets wink.gif

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jul 28 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #209
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(Dexton @ Jul 28 2018, 01:19 AM) *
I think that’s my highest position to date in a BJ contest kink.gif No more shade from Bre about being a contest flop x

When I made that comment I actually forgot about Pulp entirely and was thinking you'd yet to make the top 20 in any of the contests tbh magic.gif it was a shame that you just missed the top 10 here tbh, I probably would have predicted it to do a little better. But still, WD on ur best result xx

My run in Nuggets, as one of the only two OGs to have entered every contest:

06-06-11-03-08-10-14-17-02-27

The earlier results aren't as good as they look considering the size of some of the first few contests but in any case this is, as I expected, comfortably my worst result to date, boo you whores. I miss when I had 5 top 10s out of 6 </3

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 28 2018, 04:05 AM
Post #210
The horrors persist, but so do I
Member No.: 19,534

Haha well at least one of the deductions bumped me up a place! I'll try to find something more wide-appealing next time.

Congrats Leww! While I didn't vote for your song it's a very worthy winner and reminded me of my favorite Evanescence song ('Good Enough'), love her voice! That is an absolutely solid top 5 too, probably my favorite ever in fact. Yay for ALASKALASKA and Ellie and the Oscars in the top 10 too!

Thanks for hosting Jade and sorry I couldn't comment along during results, you did a brilliant job!

+Quote Post
FrankLuck
post Jul 28 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #211
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,284
   No Gallery Pics

Great hosting Jade, loved the recap video, always helps remembering the less memorable entries.

Congrats Leww, not entirely my thing (I'd love a 4-minute version without the slow parts), but definitely stood out from the bunch!

It's good to see that Ari Ari lived up to its hype, I'll revisit it for sure and I'll check out the band too.

I'd take 4th any day (well, 5th, but a deduction is a deduction), I thought 'For You, And Your Denial' will be about 15th at best. It is one I listened to quite a lot back then (it is from 2011), I'm happy that many of you enjoyed it.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jul 28 2018, 05:16 AM
Post #212
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Top 5 yay cheer.gif Thanks for the points guys, especially Brett, Plasic Skeletons was a real grower as well! Congrats Leww and great hosting Jade also!

QUOTE(Summer Blossom @ Jul 27 2018, 10:06 PM) *
Which song did petefromlredd n brer think I sent??

That one, obviously tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 28 2018, 07:48 AM
Post #213
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Great contest Jade - really enjoyed most of the songs entered. Glad Drab Majesty gained so much support, thanks to all who voted them! A shame to see them tumble due to my lack of votes but still top 10 is great and things were so close that there’s no way I wouldn’t have voted for some of the tracks that overtook them anyway.

Definitely my favourite edition to date happy.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:11 PM