BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney Spears - Singles Rate: THE RESULTS, FULL RESULTS ON PAGE 12!!!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 3rd March 2024, 08:44 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I have been listening to do something quite a bit on repeat today and am regretting not giving it a higher mark now I remember how much I utterly love it. Think it's a 10 for me afterall!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 3rd March 2024, 09:30 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Do Somethin shows peak Beitney in cobtrol, aeound ITZ and My Prerogstive!!!

Waterbed is an bop

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 4th March 2024, 01:42 AM
Post #63
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

'Do Somethin' is fun!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th March 2024, 03:46 AM
Post #64
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Do.Somethin' is genuinely a fave and deserves higher!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 4th March 2024, 10:34 AM
Post #65
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Before we head into the top 30 here's a recap of the results 30-40:

30. Do Somethin' - 6.958
31. Mood Ring - 6.954
32. Boys (ft Pharrell Williams) - 6.895
33. Overprotected (Darkchild Remix) - 6.869
34. Radar - 6.729
35. Scream & Shout (ft will.i.am) - 6.708
36. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - 6.625
37. Anticipating - 6.608
38. Slumber Party - 6.391
39. Swimming In The Stars - 6.34
40. Perfume - 6.208

This post has been edited by Nina West: 16th March 2024, 08:12 AM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 4th March 2024, 10:42 AM
Post #66
Group icon

Here's a reminder of what's left from each era =

Baby One More Time - 4/5
Oops I Did It Again - 3/4
Britney - 3/7
In The Zone - 3/4
Blackout - 3/3
Circus - 3/4
Femme Fatale - 4/4
Britney Jean - 1/2
Glory - 1/5

Greatest Hits - 2/3
Collaborations/Other - 2/9

As you can see only 'Blackout' & 'Femme Fatale' are the only albums so far not to lose any of their singles, while both 'Britney Jean' & 'Glory' are in danger with only 1 left.

This post has been edited by Nina West: 16th March 2024, 08:14 AM

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 4th March 2024, 04:45 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

I love Do Somerhin, but not enough for a 10! It was her final ever song she had any creative control over too

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 4th March 2024, 09:49 PM
Post #68
Group icon

Living in sin is the new thing

29. "3" | 7.083 Highest Scores: 10: (Slayer, Nick F1, TimConArtist, Nick Jonas), Lowest Scores: 2.5: (Scene)
28. I Wanna Go | 7.187 Highest Scores: 10: (Nick F1, TimConArtist, Nick Jonas), Lowest Scores: 1: (Scene)

At #29 and heading into the 7 averages now with "3", released in September 2009 as the only single from Britney's 2nd greatest hits album, The Singles Collection. Written and produced by Max Martin and Shellback, with additional writing from Tiffany Amber. Lyrically the song is about threesomes, while referencing American folk-singing trio Peter, Paul and Mary during the chorus as sexual slang. Upon release the song became a commercial success by topping the charts in Canada & USA, where it became her 3rd #1 hit there & broke many chart records by debuting at the top spot in its first week. Elsewhere it reached top 10 peaks in many countries worldwide including Australia, Finland, Norway, Sweden, & in the UK. Okay this is an odd way to celebrate a decade in the music industry with an ode to threesomes, but it did what it needed to do by sustaining her momentum and move forward into a new decade with Britney reteaming with Max Martin, which makes this a full circle moment. The song itself is a cute bop with spiky synth stabs, thumping beats, and punch production that keeps everything going at a fun pace. Although the one thing that bothers me about this is the heavily autotuned vocals which felt very much overused, nonetheless it is quite consistant with the electro sound, but I thought it could have done with less of it & used her real vocals a bit more. Not what I call a Britney classic by any means, a solid effort though and very of its time.

#28 is I Wanna Go, released in June 2011 as the 3rd single from Britney's 7th studio album Femme Fatale. Written and produced by Max Martin and Shellback, with additional writing by Savan Kotecha. The song was chosen as a single after a poll was launched on her official website 'Britney.com' in which fans could choose the next single of the album, with this gaining the highest amount of votes. Upon release it became successful in some countries by hitting top 10 peaks in Canada, France, Finland and in the USA, where it became her first album to spawn 3 top 10 hits. Elsewhere it managed top 20 peaks in Belgium, Norway & Denmark/ However in the UK it became her first single to not chart inside the top 100 peaking at #111. Actually quite shocked that this became the first 'FF' single to drop out, however, the scores did slow down considerably during the 2nd half of the rate which caused its average to slump to this position. This track is simply a fun banger with its hard synths, throbbing beats, fun whistled melodies and a catchy chorus. Sure the processed vocals were a little overdone, but surely this deserved a better UK chart peak than #111. A fun club anthem through and through.

This post has been edited by Nina West: 12th March 2024, 11:21 PM

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th March 2024, 10:36 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Break the tension

I never liked '3' at all, but 'I Wanna Go' is an absolute banger!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 5th March 2024, 07:03 PM
Post #70
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

'I Wanna Go' is my personal fave from that era. A banger indeed!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 5th March 2024, 08:12 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

3's bridge is incredible. I personally find I Wanna Go overrated.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 5th March 2024, 10:46 PM
Post #72
Group icon

All I need is time, a moment that is mine

27. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman | 7.312 Highest Scores: 10: (Anita Hanjaab), Lowest Scores: 4: (Pandamic Tension, Scene)
26. Criminal | 7.326 Highest Scores: 10: (Slayer, Nick F1, TimConArtist), Lowest Scores: 4.5/4: (blacksquare, Mack)

At #27 is Britney's coming of age ballad I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman, released in January 2002 as the 2nd single US & 3rd International single from Britney's third studio album Britney. Written and produced by Max Martin and Rami, with additional writing from Dido. Lyrically the song speaks about the angst and heartache of adolescence. Britney considered the song inspirational and one of her favourite songs to perform. Despite gaining positive reviews from critics it however, won the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Original Song due to the film that it was paired up with 'Crossroads'. Upon release it performed well worldwide with top 10 peaks in Australia, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, Austria, & in the UK where it reached a #2 peak becoming the album's highest charting single there. In the USA it failed to chart on the Hot 100 by peaking at #102 on the Bubbling Under chart. This track forms an important part of Britney's narrative as she exits her teen years & matures into a young woman and what better way to showcase that than with this rather striking and soaring ballad that stands to this day as one of her finest ballads to date. The rousing piano melodies, gorgeous vocals, & a stunning yet very well executed chorus. A firm standout on Britney's self-titled 3rd album that had to be a single & thankfully it was, to this day I still love this track.

Another mid-tempo ballad drops now at #26 with Criminal, released in September 2011 as the 4th and final single from Britney's 7th studio album Femme Fatale. Written and produced by Max Martin and Shellback, with additional writing by Tiffany Amber. Britney loved the song when she first heard it and felt it was different and unlike anything she had heard before. The song was chosen as a single by a poll on her Facebook page along with other choices being 'Inside Out' & '(Drop Dead) Beautiful'. Her reason for this was to give back to her fans. The accompanying music video caused controversy in the UK where it was criticized for promoting gun violence. Upon release the song received critical acclaim, but was a moderate success due to very minimal promotion, with no live performances on TV or even on her 'Femme Fatale Tour', to date the song has never been performed live. Worldwide it managed top 20 peaks in Canada & France, as well as top 40 peaks in Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium & Denmark. In the USA it managed to reach a #55 peak on the Top 100, becoming the album's lowest charting single. In 2020 a revival in interest for the song occurred when it went viral on TikTok, particularly with the "Mugshot Challenge". A more mature offering when compared to the other 'FF' singles considering its the only mid-tempo ballad on the album, making it one of her more expiermential releases to date with its folksy styled production, flute melodies & guitar driven beats that certainly makes this one of her most adventurous offerings to date, but the heavy use of autotune monotones the vocals to a point where it sounds like she's devoid of any emotion. This was a very bold single choice & glad Britney took a risk even if it didn't really pay off as well as it should have.

This post has been edited by Nina West: 12th March 2024, 11:22 PM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 5th March 2024, 10:49 PM
Post #73
Group icon

The rest of the entries will be in single posts, from 25-1.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 5th March 2024, 11:06 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Ugh I love Criminal!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 6th March 2024, 05:06 PM
Post #75
Group icon

The next to drop will be a lead single & the result may be SHOCKING?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 6th March 2024, 05:23 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Break the tension

'Criminal' errrr, hmmm.

I used to really dislike 'I'm Not a Girl...' as a kid, but I've almost done a complete 180 on it as an adult!

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 6th March 2024, 06:00 PM
Post #77
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

I think it's an bop!! It only flopped in the USA bevause Jive barely ever released her songs physically. It got mentioned on Family Guy, so it is very well known.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 6th March 2024, 08:43 PM
Post #78
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

QUOTE(Nina West @ Mar 6 2024, 05:06 PM) *
The next to drop will be a lead single & the result may be SHOCKING?

Work B**** or Hold It Against Me

Though. Either of those would shock me. So maybe Womanizer or My Prerogative?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 6th March 2024, 11:42 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Break the tension

I imagine it must be either 'Hold It Against Me' or 'My Prerogative'

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 6th March 2024, 11:47 PM
Post #80
Group icon

The fire comes in, the sky falls down

25. Make Me (ft G-Eazy) | 7.416 Highest Scores: 10: (Slayer, Nick F1, Tafty), Lowest Scores: 4.5/4: (One For Sorrow, pippa, Scene)

We say goodbye to our first album era at #25 with Make Me, released in July 2016 as the lead single from Britney's 9th studio album Glory & features American rapper G-Eazy on backing vocals. Written by Britney, Matthew Burns, Joe Janiak and Gerald Gillum, while produced by Burns, with Mischke Butler serving as a vocal producer. The track's original title was "Make Me (Oooh)" & was due to be released in May 2016 with a scheduled performance at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards, However, due to production difficulties, the track was reported to be delayed until the summer, with no release date being provided. The reason for the delay was due to Britney experimenting with different sounds on the track & the inclusion of the G-Eazy feature. Upon release it received generally positive critical reviews & peaked at #17 on the US Billboard charts, becoming her 20th top 20 hit & 34th chart entry. Elsewhere it saw moderate success by reaching top 20 peaks in France & Canada, & a top 40 peak in Australia. In the UK it became her lowest charting lead single by peaking at a mere #42. The first version of the song's music video was directed by David LaChapelle was shelved, due to claims that it simply didn't work. Instead a video directed by Randee St. Nicholas was released instead to an overwhelming negative response, a petition demanding RCA to release the original music video was created, and eventually it leaked in 2019 & since then LaChapelle has distanced himself from the project, claiming that it's not his video.

The smoothest and most restrained lead single Britney has ever released with its mix of slinky R&B and mid-tempo pop with a twist of hip-hop due to G-Eazy's verse and its a decent effort, if a little too radio friendly safe. Although, the sparse verses are quite catchy with simple guitar riffs and cool echoing synths that builds to an effective chorus, with Britney's vocals sounding sensual and soulful, probably the best vocals she's sounded in years. However, I'm sad to say that the song lacks that special something to make it pop and feels way too subdued to stand out amongst the group & wasn't sufficient enough to make Britney into a relevant pop star again, that awful music video didn't help (which probably really hurt her streaming numbers). This simply lacks the fire of her previous lead singles & as for G-Eazy's verse, I mean WTF was he doing there, he adds nothing to song. There were far better tracks on the album than this such as 'Do You Wanna Come Over', 'Man On The Moon' or even the bonus tracks 'Mood Ring' or 'Liar', anyone of those could have fared better than this. Overall it's not terrible by any means, its a decent Britney by numbers song that's perhaps way to subtle for it's own good.

This post has been edited by Nina West: 6th March 2024, 11:54 PM

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 8th May 2024, 01:33 PM