BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Manchester By The Sea, Casey Affleck & Michelle Williams
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 28th August 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

The better Affleck brother stars in this movie perfect for Awards Season..
After the sudden death of Joe Chandler (Kyle Chandler), his younger brother Lee (Casey Affleck) is made legal guardian of his son Patrick (Lucas Hedges). Lee returns to his hometown and has to deal with both his separated wife Randi (Michelle Williams) and the North Shore community.

Getting rave reviews and by the looks of the trailer, Casey might well end up with a few nominations, maybe even nabbing a win or two. Same goes for Michelle. Gets a limited release in November and expands in December.

If they did an Oscar for Best Pair of Boxer Shorts, Casey would snatch that.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 15th September 2016, 10:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I'm seeing this next month and I am so so hyped!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 16th September 2016, 06:10 AM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Are you going to LFF, UV? I looked into it as this does look rather good (and my main interest would've been in 'La La Land' but that all sold old too early sad.gif) but I think I'll save my pennies and wait for general release.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 20th September 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Sep 16 2016, 07:10 AM) *
Are you going to LFF, UV? I looked into it as this does look rather good (and my main interest would've been in 'La La Land' but that all sold old too early sad.gif) but I think I'll save my pennies and wait for general release.

Yes I am, first ever time going!

The main ones we were going for were La La Land and Arrival but they both sold out sad.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th October 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Utterly fantastic and so gripping! The story is great and it's a really emotional and great film. Casey Affleck was absolutely fantastic, hoping and thinking he'll pop up a lot during awards season! Michelle Williams and the rest of the cast are great and the film is spectacular to look at. The score is terrific and I definitely recommend to see this when it comes out, one of the best films of the last few years!

10/10

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 10th January 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

This is really rather excellent from start to finish. A pretty simple plot, no BIG flashy scenes (the most shocking moments for me would be when Lee started getting violent, including when he tried turning a gun on himself) but very emotional and even though Lee can come across as quite cold, you still like him because you can see why he's ended up that way. Casey is fantastic in his portrayal, I'm glad he got the GG win. And despite all the sadness, there were lines to laugh at too and I loved how it ended. Hope to see more of Lucas Hedges, he was fab too and rather cute.

(Not related to the movie but Cineworld were giving out free tubs of sweets/fudge as a thank you for being Unlimited members as well heart.gif)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 15th January 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I imagine this is going to be one of my favourites from awards season this year, pretty much all aspects of it was excellent. The acting is obviously a huge highlight, I'm glad Casey Affleck pretty much has the win sewed up, he's always been under-rated imo but he knocked it out of the park here (my favourite seeing being him explaining what happened in the fire), Michelle Williams had everyone in the screening emotional during the 'can we go for dinner?' scene and Lucas Hedges was a great find too, very funny guy but pulled off the serious scenes too, a shame he will likely miss out on a supporting actor nomination at the Oscars. sad.gif

For such a serious film, I loved how much humour there was too, I loved the side plot of having two girlfriends and just funny lines like 'where does she live? in a sleeping bag?' laugh.gif They made the film feel so much real too because it wasn't silly humour, it was the sort of thing people say in real life. Really excited to see this again already, will be adding it to the DVD collection for sure!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 15th January 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Yeah I also loved how funny it was at parts! Was definitely not expecting that when I saw this ages ago!

We are probably going to see this again over the next week or so! So excited for it and it still feels crazy that I ended up seeing one of the biggest Oscar contenders over a quarter of a year ago!!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:37 AM