BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Eddie The Eagle' | 2016, Hugh Jackman; Taron Egerton
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Dec 31 2015, 12:08 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Looks surprisingly fun and such a thrill! My friends manager went to a preview of it and he says he hasn't had that much fun in a film for ages, so I'm very excited for it!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 31 2015, 12:16 AM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Had no interest in this but I love both Hugh Jackman & Taron Egerton and the trailer looks great so may need to check this out heart.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Dec 31 2015, 10:30 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Every time I see a youtube clip like this one I read it as "UK and in real life".

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 13 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Very uplifting with some nice 'never give up', 'always follow your dreams' type of messages. Some laughs but mostly just very sweet and charming. Taron Egerton is very watchable, I enjoyed seeing him in a role so different to the one he played in Kingsman.

Where was Davina's supporting role/cameo though cry.gif

+Quote this post
post Mar 13 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Loved this, really took me by surprise!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 2 2016, 10:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Really enjoyed this. Taron really is a revelation! Such a star. Very fun, humourous and extremely feel good. It reminded me of a new version of 'Cool Runnings'!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 4 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I didn't really love this as much as I was expecting to after all the great reviews. I think I'm just disappointed with how untrue the majority of it is, I don't mind making stuff up but why name your film after a real person if most of it is fabricated drama.gif Saying that, Taron Egerton is absolutely fantastic, so energetic and charismatic. An absolute delight to watch and I'm really hoping he does become the next Han Solo, he definitely has the charm. It was also really moving I'll give it that, I was welling up when the Dad revealed his knitted jumper too (but then it was annoying to read afterwards that Eddie's Dad had always been very supportive and it was just created fo make fhe story more compelling, gah!).

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 20 2016, 12:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
I also had misgivings at how many liberties were taken with reality in the film, but Eddie seems happy about it and so does his dad, so I'll give it 7/10, it is genuinely sweet, tearjerking in a positive way, good cast, and Taron Egerton is just terrific, he's going places. Thrill Me, the fab OMD song over the closing credits is mostly Taron (plus Hugh) singing engagingly. Multi-talented!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:21 PM