BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Advertising / Product placement in music Videos
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr. C. Joel
post 18th June 2021, 09:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475

Does anyone remember off hand the last time LM featured any product placements / advertising in videos?

Surely the girls are a marketers dream? I just wondered if there’s a reason they don’t opt for any product placement? Surely, if they did this would enable bigger budget videos?

I know they’ve massively stepped up lately but imagine a BOP of a song with a high budget video?!

Cardi B - UP / WAP (Obviously nowhere near on the same scale/budget but you get the idea)

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Benji89
post 18th June 2021, 09:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 118,569

I can't remember what but wasn't the hair video product placement for something?

Edit: just watched it. It was GHD, which is very smart for obvious reasons and all of their hair looked great in the vid.

This post has been edited by Benji89: 18th June 2021, 10:01 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th June 2021, 10:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm actually quite happy that they don't. I find it really cringe 95% of the time when we get product placements in music videos. I don't mind so much when they blend it in with the video, but half the time nobody does laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 19th June 2021, 10:20 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885

little mix never really have interesting videos (in general, obvi sweet melody, confetti and even HA to an extent are a big elevation on their past videos bar a few) so i can't see marketers rushing to put their products in their videos.

the girls are better at advertising products using their personalities and charm outside of their videos.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 19th June 2021, 11:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475

It’s definitely nice to have video’s without product placement but given the fact they’ve worked with brands before and have a strong fanbase I’m so surprised they haven’t had more advertising.

I wonder if it’s a conscious decision from the label / The girls or if it’s a case of the right brands haven’t come forward?

I guess you’re right in terms of the previous videos haven’t been very inspiring but thinking back to The Sats days they ended up having product placement all the time! Although that was probably a desperate attempt to cover the cost of the video’s as they really struggled to get any sort of chart run especially towards the end.

+Quote this post
Roguelt
post 22nd June 2021, 01:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 121,342

There's a shot of a tablet and its brand logo in the HA vid that has to be a product placement.

+Quote this post
caseclosed
post 22nd June 2021, 08:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,311

I'm sure there's one in their latest video?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:55 AM