BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ER, 1994-2009
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post 15th April 2020, 03:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

ER is an American medical drama television series created by novelist and medical doctor Michael Crichton that aired on NBC from September 19, 1994, to April 2, 2009, with a total of 331 episodes spanning 15 seasons. It was produced by Constant c Productions and Amblin Television, in association with Warner Bros. Television. ER follows the inner life of the emergency room (ER) of fictional County General Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, and various critical issues faced by the room's physicians and staff. The show is the second longest-running primetime medical drama in American television history behind Grey's Anatomy, and the 5th longest medical drama across the globe (behind BBC's Casualty and Holby City, and Poland's Na dobre i na złe). It won 23 Primetime Emmy Awards, including the 1996 Outstanding Drama Series award, and received 124 Emmy nominations. ER won 116 awards in total, including the Peabody Award, while the cast earned four Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Ensemble Performance in a Drama Series. As of 2014, ER has grossed over $3 billion in television revenue.

I'm making a thread for this to see if anyone else is a fan! I'm currently watching through the entire show, I started season 6 this morning and I'm on episode 7 now! I adore everything about this show.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th April 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I think my favourite episode so far just has to be "Love's Labor Lost".

"After Dr. Greene misdiagnoses pre-eclampsia as a minor bladder infection for a pregnant woman, he is determined to see the case through while short-staffed. But things soon escalate from a series of retrospective errors, and the mother dies following a crash C-section. A first-time departure for ER by focusing on one character, the harrowing hour served as a solemn reminder that doctors, while heroic, are not indomitable gods, and that the fragility and unpredictability of life don't always immediately tip on one action; tragedy can silently build and build until it finally, horrifically unloads."

Just everything about the episode was incredible. I was glued to the screen for the entire length and didn't move a muscle. It's a heartbreaking story that really reminds you that not everything can always end in happily ever after. It's one of the first instances in the show where a patient we've got to know dies in the end and it's really horrible but it's yet another reason why I adore watching ER. It's something that puts me off a lot of medical dramas, how more times than not the patients survive and everyone goes on to live a happy life. It's nice and all but not so much realistic so here ER really goes all out to show you the full scale of an emergency room.

+Quote this post
Sarah
post 7th May 2020, 01:10 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 763

Yes I am watching this at the moment..not sure if I saw all the episodes when first came out so it's nice catching up with it again.. It gets shown late here but I've just seen "Sleepless In Chicago" so am towards the end of season 1

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th May 2020, 09:13 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

It's on iplayer isn't it. I'm tempted to watch it all

+Quote this post
Sarah
post 11th May 2020, 01:30 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 763

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ May 8 2020, 10:13 AM) *
It's on iplayer isn't it. I'm tempted to watch it all

I didn't see it on there!

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 11th May 2020, 06:25 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

QUOTE(Sarah @ May 11 2020, 02:30 AM) *
I didn't see it on there!

It’s on All 4!

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post 30th May 2020, 08:43 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

My Mum use to love this. We did an ER marathon last year. It's such a brilliant series, probably the best thing the U.S. made.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:26 AM