BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Boris Johnson Is A C*** - The Kunts - appropriate or not?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Is The Kunts' campaign for Christmas #1 appropriate?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 71
Guests cannot vote 
Iz 🌟
post 22nd December 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Hello.

Discussion of this topic was overwhelming in the chart forum and in an effort to stop this getting too chaotic, I thought it might be nice to welcome chart people who want to air their opinions on this song over here - as it's a pretty controversial song by nature. Also yes, no more discussion on this song's political nature (and associated Boris Johnson policies/Tory evil deeds/other assorted political woes) in the chart forum please, chart mods will link you to this thread instead. Go wild.

Do you think it is a good idea for people to support this campaign? Is it fair on PM Johnson? How does it compare with Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 22nd December 2020, 09:59 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
It doesn’t matter if it’s fair on Johnson. He won’t care and is probably enough of an egomaniac to actually think it’s great

It’s just people finding a way to express how they feel and I don’t think they should be stifled. He has not been doing a good job not matter how anyone spins it, we can clearly see other world leaders acting better in the interests of the people whereas Boris seems to be focused on ensuring his mates get rich. We’ve been putting up with this for a year and I think it’s fine to have people express themselves this way.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 22nd December 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030
I just don't really see the point of the song. If you hate Boris, then fair enough. But to support a song just to try and hurt his feelings or whatever its purpose is, just seems like a big waste of time and unhelpful negativity.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 22nd December 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #4
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
Ultimately it's a political protest song and whilst the language is a little bit explicit I still support it and its message as I feel it taps into the mood of the British public who are increasingly fed up with this corrupt and inept Government.

One of the worst death rates in the world, the biggest economic recession in Europe.

In the beginning there was a lot of stoic support for Johnson given the size of the challenge, but repeated chumocracy corruption (billions of £'s wasted on public contracts to donors of the Conservative Party), failed measures, dithering and delaying important decisions until it is too late, with the scale of unpreparedness and complacency highlighted - not to mention brazenly standing by and supporting someone who broke the rules during the first lockdown - have all worked to erode public support and trust. The thing is, Boris Johnson is an opportunist, a bit of a coaster in life, he's a liar, a serial adulterer, and someone who doesn't like taking responsibility. He's just not up to the job. People are fed up with him, and this song crystalises that - obviously he won't be that bothered by it, but the guy is a bit of narcissist so may be slightly deflated by the fact that many in this country can't stand him.

He also doesn't even learn from his mistakes, Pippa Crerar last night asked him why he keeps overpromising and undelivering, and he replied with "oh things will be much better by Easter". The guy is an absolute tool..

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd December 2020, 10:08 AM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
What I found the funniest out of the whole chart predictions rant from Boris apologists is the "he was paying people wages". Yeah, he was paying them out of his pocket. What a great selfless man who didn't waste billions out of taxpayers money on a trace system that never intended to even work.

+Quote this post
stebags
post 22nd December 2020, 10:09 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 9,770
Completely legit song.

He's incompetent, how many U turns this year alone?? Free school meals, A-Level results, Christmas rules, migrant NHS staff surcharge etc
Over promised on Track & Trace spend billions with their mates on it & it was a pile of poo.
How many dodgy contracts awarded to their mates for hundreds of millions of £.
Facing no deal Brexit after 10 years of austerity (which was a political choice) & the pandemic has compounded everything.

I mentioned the North in the chart predictions thread cos people in Greater Manchester were only worth 60% furlough then when the south needed to lockdown it's more, BLATANT!
Now the Liverpool mayor got arrested & calls from Tory MPs for Andy Burnham to resign coz they didn't like that he stood for THE PEOPLE.

It's our tax payments that go into government coffers, income tax, national insurance, VAT etc & it'll be US more than the millionaire Tories with their offshore tax haven trusts who will be paying the national debt off for decades so we shouldn't feel grateful & humble like Oliver Twist with an outstretched bowl when they actually give us some of our tax back to see us through this very difficult time.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd December 2020, 10:09 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I haven’t heard the song but the title is certainly accurate!!

He’s the prime minister, part of the job is criticism. It doesn’t matter what form that comes in, or how sweary it is. We have a right to freedom of expression and a right to critique the government. This isn’t China and so this is a perfectly fine and legitimate thing for a healthy democracy

+Quote this post
stebags
post 22nd December 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
QUOTE(Frenchie @ Dec 22 2020, 10:00 AM) *
I just don't really see the point of the song. If you hate Boris, then fair enough. But to support a song just to try and hurt his feelings or whatever its purpose is, just seems like a big waste of time and unhelpful negativity.

You're free not to listen to it & not get involved. #justsaying

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 22nd December 2020, 10:15 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Where’s Lomadz.....

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 22nd December 2020, 10:16 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Great track. Not quite Use My Arsehole As A c**t but still banging.

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 22nd December 2020, 10:17 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(stebags @ Dec 22 2020, 10:10 AM) *
You're free not to listen to it & not get involved. #justsaying

Don't worry, I really don't care enough about Boris to get involved. #justsaying

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 22nd December 2020, 10:18 AM
Post #12
Group icon
QUOTE(Dobby Helms @ Dec 22 2020, 10:16 AM) *
Great track. Not quite Use My Arsehole As A c**t but still banging.

The Nick Clegg/David Cameron version of that was a BANGER.

+Quote this post
Steve201
Post #13
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
QUOTE(b @ Dec 22 2020, 10:08 AM) *
What I found the funniest out of the whole chart predictions rant from Boris apologists is the "he was paying people wages". Yeah, he was paying them out of his pocket. What a great selfless man who didn't waste billions out of taxpayers money on a trace system that never intended to even work.

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

I nearly spat my morning tea out when I read that. I mean they clearly don’t even know how the country works never mind realising WE all pay our taxes towards it. The line about free health care was funny too!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
100%! In just under a minute it conveys a strong message and addresses a very important issue.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 22nd December 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Dec 22 2020, 10:18 AM) *
The Nick Clegg/David Cameron version of that was a BANGER.

There’s remixes?? ohmy.gif

I voted no simply because the song just trolls and bullies rather than like say the Sex Pistols which gives an actual opinion. Maybe I’m just getting old but it’s just pointless, however it would be hilarious if it ended up top 10 as it would make the news.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd December 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #16
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
For me it's either full on freedom of speech or no freedom at all so anyone who thinks it's offensive can ask for putin's advice because there's no middle ground. If you're in such a position of power, any criticism is absolutely valid and should not be shut down.

Swear words are just f***ing words for f***ing f***'s sake.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 22nd December 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #17
Group icon
QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 22 2020, 10:21 AM) *
There’s remixes?? ohmy.gif

Yes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkPyhcW5b7k

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 22 2020, 10:21 AM) *
I voted no simply because the song just trolls and bullies rather than like say the Sex Pistols which gives an actual opinion. Maybe I’m just getting old but it’s just pointless, however it would be hilarious if it ended up top 10 as it would make the news.

.. and that is how you argue against an opinion in a mature and reasoned manner ! Mr C. Joel and Lomadz take note.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 22nd December 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Yeah, I mean, honestly, the song is a bit of a 'who cares' moment, speaking as somebody who hasn't heard it. Who cares if someone calls someone else a c**t? It's the fact that so many people want to buy it, that shows there is severe dissatisfaction with the COMPLETELY BOTCHED response he's had to the virus all year. Completely ideological PM, Britain would have done better under the virus under any leader who actually ensured that people's needs were completely met, all people's needs, not just those who fit into some box of 'working a good enough job that was eligible for furlough' - even furlough wasn't enough to be honest.

Doc Blind's also outlined well his complete unprepared nature to meeting the challenges of the pandemic. He should not be in office. He is not fit to be in office given his response to the virus. A PM with less of an ego would have resigned had they done the same sort of actions.

Obviously this sort of song would not be allowed where I am, but we also don't have the virus or need to cancel Christmas (well, those few of us over here who want it) where I am. :')

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 22 2020, 10:15 AM) *
Where’s Lomadz.....

Won't be joining us for a while.

+Quote this post
stebags
post 22nd December 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
QUOTE(Frenchie @ Dec 22 2020, 10:17 AM) *
Don't worry, I really don't care enough about Boris to get involved. #justsaying

Erm you are getting involved by posting! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 22nd December 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(stebags @ Dec 22 2020, 10:28 AM) *
Erm you are getting involved by posting! laugh.gif

All I was doing was reply to the topic with my opinion and then you responded questioning why I bothered???

I thought this was the News and Politics forum not the youcanonlypostifyouhateborisandwanthimtosufferhowdareyouhaveadifferingopiniontom
e forum
biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:10 AM