BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 // Draglympics
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 6 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #41
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
scarlet's personality in whatcha packin... where was THAT girl! she came across so warm and nice.

ps. the more i watch the lipsync... scarlet just came across like a superstar! sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Apr 7 2019, 06:45 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
I'm honestly just as much confused as everyone else here - this is the first lipsync (for your life) in absolutely ages where I just don't understand how Ru made her mind up. Scarlet had SO much to give and Ra'Jah's fake ass bitch personality is unbearable, I'm gutted for Scarlet tbh sad.gif

The challenge itself was alright, it definitely came across better than the gymnastics challenge in season 9 but the runway just wasn't memorable?! Yvie was by far the best there, but that's nothing new. I don't even remember Akeria's performance or look, so another decision that has me completely baffled

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Apr 7 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #43
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
yea scarlett has been among my least favourite of the season but she shouldnt have gone there. she knows shes not a dancer so this was never going to be her week whereas rahja has been in the bottom consistently now... yes scarlett relied on stunts but that was clever imo as she knew she wouldnt be winning that on moves alone so she did what she had to do in order to get the edge and she really should have won for that. i cant even remember rajah but scarlett cutting off her dress and unleashing confetti were absolute moments

i cant see past a yvie/brooklyn top 2 tbh, i would love vanjie to up her runway game so she could also be a contender for the final too

+Quote this post
post Apr 7 2019, 07:19 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
The weird thing about that lip sync, is that in lip sync injustices in the past, they try to edit it to make it look like the other slayed it by focusing it on the winner more. But this was the first time I can think of where it genuinely seemed like Scarlet won it and I was totally shocked that Ru didn’t say her name.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Apr 7 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #45
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
maybe there will be a twist where scarlett comes back or something but i dont see it. thats the bad thing about it being pre-recorded there's no room to take in fan reception etc so the narrative ru wants to set is going to be all we get, i mean look at monet in all stars kink.gif

i do have a problem with the way it's edited in general tbh, like you can always tell who ru likes more because they get more airtime or there's times where the context of what some queens have said has been skewed to make them look worse than they actually are. Courtney Act is a good example of that because by nature she is very honest and direct about what she wants to say but never malicious with it and she displayed that when she was in big brother but then you look at how she was in drag race and you can tell its been manipulated to look like she's being bitchy and overcritical especially of Darienne (iirc) and they're like best friends laugh.gif . Yvie could very well recieve the same treatment with how blunt and outspoken she can be but I'm glad they seem to not be doing that. I guess Silky provides enough drama and controversy without that :')

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 7 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #46
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
QUOTE(365 @ Apr 7 2019, 08:19 PM) *
The weird thing about that lip sync, is that in lip sync injustices in the past, they try to edit it to make it look like the other slayed it by focusing it on the winner more. But this was the first time I can think of where it genuinely seemed like Scarlet won it and I was totally shocked that Ru didn’t say her name.

EXACTLY!

like i actually thought scarlet probably came across worse in the actual unedited lipsync (u know cos she can't dance that she would've threw out some CLUNKER moves)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 7 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
To me it just comes across like Ru thought there hadn't been any shocks eliminations yet so was just like f*** it, Scarlett can go laugh.gif Like I guess they couldn't gauge fan reaction, but Scarlett had a win and had done quite well in other weeks other than the random bottom 6 (which frankly should have been Honey and Ra'Jah, granted Scarlett knda messed up as the anchor) lipsync. Idk, it's just like I said the more I look at the lipsync, whilst I think Ra'Jah did do very well too to her credit, the more I can't fathom how Scarlett didn't win.

+Quote this post
Adam
post Apr 8 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
I really grew to like Scarlett and like someone else just said her Whatcha Packin is LUSH, probably the person I've seen come across best on it ever, and she had a lot going for her in the lipsync, tricks and a fire in her eyes,

But I just can't get over how messy she was in between those, she was flailing around like nobodies business while Ra'Jah was clean, hitting the beats and connected to the song.

I was expecting the opposite decision but I do understand why it went this way.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post Apr 8 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #49
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
User: 20,799
This episode just screams to me that the producers cast Scarlet with no intention of having her make it very far, but she rocked up and slayed just a little bit harder than expected. I mean I can’t find any other way to explain how she was eliminated against Ra’Jah, when IMO she did quite a way better in the lip-sync.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 8 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #50
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
i just watched Whatcha Packing and have to agree with everyone else. She came across so likeable and sweet. Not that she didn't in the show but they definitely focused more to make her look a bit like a bitchy bitch villain type since Silky can't fill that role given she's winning the whole thing~

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 8 2019, 07:19 PM
Post #51
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Conanderella @ Apr 8 2019, 12:03 PM) *
i just watched Whatcha Packing and have to agree with everyone else. She came across so likeable and sweet. Not that she didn't in the show but they definitely focused more to make her look a bit like a bitchy bitch villain type since Silky can't fill that role given she's winning the whole thing~
I don’t think Scarlett got that unfavorable of an edit during the whole season tho, aside from the first half of Ep. 2? Definitely not as much as, say Silky is. Or to a lesser extent Yvie.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Apr 8 2019, 07:34 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Scarlett almost feels perfectly edited to be an antihero underdog who would create a bit of furore with her elimination, it's cynical sure but I don't think I'd be surprised by many things in terms of RuPaul rn laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Apr 8 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
QUOTE(Liаm @ Apr 8 2019, 08:34 PM) *
Scarlett almost feels perfectly edited to be an antihero underdog who would create a bit of furore with her elimination, it's cynical sure but I don't think I'd be surprised by many things in terms of RuPaul rn laugh.gif

It also sets her up nicely for a season of All Stars, which I'm really hoping she'll be on. Preferably AS6 to give her time to develop more, especially with the extra funding/oppotunities she'll be presented with now.

+Quote this post
post Apr 9 2019, 09:31 AM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Scarlet had such a weird edit. It's like the producers had no idea what to do with her narative.

Like if you look at say Brooke or Vanjie or Yvie, their edits scream top 6 at least, unless there's a major shock? And you have Rah'ja, who screams "could go any second now", like Mercedes did from week 1, too. Scarlet, however, I remember thinking last week she could easily go next week or make the top 4 and neither would shock me.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post May 4 2019, 09:24 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
So I haven't watched any Drag Race for the last 5 weeks mainly because Scarlet was one of my faves and I just could've be assed to sit through the Silky Show, Ra'Jah being her awful self and Vanjie being loud and irritating.

Have just finished this episode... Ra'Jah is just a horrific queen and given the number of bottom appearances should've automatically been given the chop unless Scarlet majorly fcuked... which she didn't... in fact she brought it!

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: May 4 2019, 09:24 AM

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:23 AM