BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
47 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kiss Me Once ● album discussion, 12th album ● 2014
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Apr 25 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
We might aswell have a topic for it.

So we know she has signed to Roc Nation on a management contract and that the album is nearly finished. We also know she has been working with the likes of Darkchild, Sia (i think) and now also Pharrell Williams.
http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a4758...-new-album.html
Kylie has tweeted saying alot of the new stuff is perfect for the treadmill.

Needless to say, Kylie is gonna slay.

1. Into The Blue
2. Million Miles
3. I Was Gonna Cancel
4. Sexy Love
5. Sexercize
6. Feels So Good
7. If Only
8. Les Sex
9. Kiss Me Once
10. Beautiful (Feat. Enrique Iglesias)
11. Fine
12. Mr President (Bonus Track)
13. Sleeping With The Enemy (Bonus Track)
14. Into The Blue (Official Video)
15. Making of 'Into The Blue' video
16. Into The Blue (trailer)
17. Behind the scenes of Kiss Me Once photoshoot
18. Kylie on Kiss Me Once

This post has been edited by Liam.k.: Mar 29 2023, 07:09 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 25 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Can't wait, of course!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Apr 25 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Really looking forward to this based on all the confirmed artists and sound. Seems to be a mash-up of dance and urban - perhaps something similar to Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky' as that's a brilliant example that this combination works. Hopefully a couple 'Timebomb'-esque songs too as that was quite "treadmill" sounding.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 26 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
She needs an album with more potential singles than last time.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post Apr 26 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Apr 26 2013, 09:15 PM) *
She needs an album with more potential singles than last time.

Yh, consider that when the Aphrodite came out, everyone was so optimistic like "every track is like a good single choice" but everything dashed away after "Get outta my way".

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 26 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Aphrodite had a few good potential singles, but they played it far too safe with the actual choices. Hopefully with Kylie doing something a bit different with the sound
of this album, that wont be such an issue.

Clip of a leaked demo (i think)

not from the new album apparantly. Shame.

This post has been edited by Regina: Apr 26 2013, 04:55 PM

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 26 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
I'd say 'All The Lovers', 'Get Outta My Way' and 'Aphrodite' were the only 3 strong single songs on there, 'Cupid Boy' was the only other possible viable choice at a push.

They need an album with as many killer singles as X, but with the consistency of Aphrodite.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Apr 28 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Aphrodite had plenty of potential single choices but apart from the lead single, the record company released the wrong tracks and then abandoned the album too quickly. I'm sceptical about the new album. She has worked with a lot of different producers like with x but I just hope its more consistent than the x album.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Apr 29 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I do like Aphrodite but outside of all the overs i don't think there was many strong single choices but better singles could have been picked to follow all the lovers but im not sure how they would have done.Cupid boy, Aphrodite and put your hands up may have done ok. I do agree the album was abandoned to quickly and the single release strategy and promotion was just awful.

I too am skeptical about the new album, lots of different producers could result in a a messy sound overall, while timebomb was ok i would not like the album to follow that direction. Hopefully i will be proven wrong, and additionally, i think Kylie should do 2 singles then launch the album on the third single. Another move i would like is to see the album get a deluxe release that sees a killer 4th single to promote it, Kylie has yet to release a deluxe album worth talking about and purchasing, many other acts are doing the deluxe versions to boost sales so she should do the same but do one that is value to fans and further a field.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 29 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Raining Shitter
I don't want to see a deluxe edition with songs that were clearly not considered good enough for the original album to be released jsut to get a few more sales.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 29 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I would like a deluxe if done right, i mean record songs for the deluxe for later use and not just necessarily use left overs, i have to agree kylie's deluxes have not been great, id go as far to say they were pointless so i rather see no deluxe than a pointless one. I think Kylie needs to pull out all the stops on this next project where be, 59p reduction on singles where possible, promote like hell, tie the releases strongly, ie promote on release and video out at same time, relatively quick single releases with phyisical and a deluxe album to follow later. The tides as such are against her ie radio may not fully be behind her so to get the sales her and her management need to pull out all the stops. I really want Kylie to get a hit or 2 of this new album and also for the album to do more than scrape platinum status.

Both aphrodite and especially x had so much more potential to have sold better than they did so im hoping they get it right this time.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Apr 29 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Looking at the unreleased material, B-sides and bonus tracks from the X era, I think a deluxe version would have worked. There was a thread a couple of years ago about the rumours of an Aphrodite deluxe version and someone created a possible tracking list which looked really good. But I agree that perhaps a song especially recorded and released as a single would be in store for it to work properly.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 29 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Raining Shitter
No point in rushing everything for the first single at once, otherwise it would peak high and then bomb right out of the charts.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 29 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Well i dont see much point in promoting the single yet saying its not available for 2 weeks time, those scenarios lose sales, the promotion can be spread out i agree but apart from all the lovers her last few singles have had an extremely annoying release strategy and appeared half hearted.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Apr 29 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #15
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Apr 28 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Aphrodite had plenty of potential single choices but apart from the lead single, the record company released the wrong tracks and then abandoned the album too quickly. I'm sceptical about the new album. She has worked with a lot of different producers like with x but I just hope its more consistent than the x album.

You can't say they picked the wrong singles just because they flopped. Get Outta My Way was a brilliant choice. Fun uptempo song with a great chorus. Better Than Today was also a great song and among my favourites. I know a lot of people preferred Aphrodite (the song) but it was too similar to Get Outta My Way and Closer/Illusion were too riskful.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 29 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Break the tension
I don't quite get how 'Aphrodite' is at all similar to 'Get Outta My Way'. Completely different style, tempo etc.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 29 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
As i have often said Get outta my way was a disaster choice for a single and im not saying that because it under performed i say it in that the song wasnt strong enough to be a single, good album track but it was the wrong move, aphrodite which i think sounds nothing like get outta my way would have been a better choice.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Apr 30 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Get outta my way was never single material and was a huge mistake from whoever selected it to be a single. It was a piss cheap carbon of Love at first sight that didnt work and it essentially killed the album campaign. Better than today was better but nothing great but the strategy behind it was awful, the release was scattered and it hindered its peak position. That said while the chart peak of both is miles apart better than today sold as good.

How does aphrodite sound like get outta my way, they dont sound in any way similar, i dont understand the comparisons at all.

The next album needs strong coherent single releases and it is essential they pick the right singles. I think Kylie herself became very aware that her strategy for singles that was once hugely successful does not work anymore and i would hope she and her new management team will work on that element of the campaign for album 12.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post May 5 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
QUOTE(Naruteux @ Apr 29 2013, 11:23 PM) *
You can't say they picked the wrong singles just because they flopped. Get Outta My Way was a brilliant choice. Fun uptempo song with a great chorus. Better Than Today was also a great song and among my favourites. I know a lot of people preferred Aphrodite (the song) but it was too similar to Get Outta My Way and Closer/Illusion were too riskful.

Of course you can say the wrong single was picked. It didn't perform well and was only the second single. Whether you like the track or not, the general public didn't connect with it. I also agree that a deluxe edition of the album could have been released including new unheard material. Other artists like pixie Lott and gaga have done it to significantly boost album sales and reignite interest in a flagging album. I believe there was talk of this when the album was first released but they abandoned it too quickly.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 5 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #20
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
QUOTE(pippa @ Apr 30 2013, 10:21 AM) *
Get outta my way was never single material and was a huge mistake from whoever selected it to be a single. It was a piss cheap carbon of Love at first sight that didnt work and it essentially killed the album campaign. Better than today was better but nothing great but the strategy behind it was awful, the release was scattered and it hindered its peak position. That said while the chart peak of both is miles apart better than today sold as good.

Couldn't agree more with all of this. Get Outta My Way sounded great in the megamix but the real thing was anticlimax central. The chorus is a complete damp squib! So cheaply produced with an underwhelming melody. No surprise it flopped, but Aphrodite wasn't loaded with potential singles. She probably would've released Illusion second.

+Quote this post

47 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:23 AM