BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kelly Clarkson - Singles Rate - Results, RESULTS IN FULL ON PAGE 7....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Welcome fellow Buzzjack members, the wait is finally over, after 2 weeks of voting and 31 singles to rate and a fantastic whopping 39 of you took part, therefore making this my most successful rate yet, so thanks so much. The results will be posted in this thread, and what will be the eventual winner, with so many classic hits such as "Miss Independent", "Since U Been Gone", "Because Of You", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", or even her Christmas classic "Underneath The Tree" and underrated gem "Never Again" and so on. Any thoughts, any predictions do say so.

This post has been edited by Acidburn: 12th August 2015, 03:31 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 3rd August 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

I guess that "Since U Been Gone" will be the winner. It's her signature song!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #3
Group icon

31. Don't Rush (Ft Vince Gill) | Greatest Hits : Chapter One | Avg: 5.515

Highest Rates: 9: (Riser), 8: (Mullo, barbaric dan, lukuzz, scherz, insomnio)
Lowest Rates: 0 (Frank, Martyn), 2: (bartsimpson)

At #31 and kicking off this countdown is "Don't Rush", released in October 2012 and taken as the 2nd single from her Greatest Hits album, and featuring country singer Vince Gill. This is not the first time Kelly has gone down the country sound route, she has previously duetted with Reba McEntire and Jason Aldean, this marked her 4th overall and 2nd released as a single. The song was originally written in 2008 by Natalie Hemby and Blu Sanders, but was never recorded and fell by the wayside, until Kelly herself being a good friend of Natalie, fell in love with the song instantly and snapped it up. It received instant acclaim and got nominated for a Grammy and American country music award. Upon release it was a minor success on the charts by peaking at #87 on the US Top 100, but fared better on the country charts by reaching top 30. It wasn't given a worldwide release, "People Like Us" was released as the 2nd worldwide single, and given it's country sound it didn't have that big appeal on here, it did get a couple of high rates, but out of 39 rates this is the only song not to score more than 200 points.

This post has been edited by Acidburn: 3rd August 2015, 10:26 PM

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 3rd August 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

It's not one of her greatest singles but it's quite good. I believe that Kelly can sing every kind of music. She will be great in Heavy Metal too..tongue.gif (Actually, my name is Insomnio, not Insomino).

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #5
Group icon

30. Tie It Up | Avg: 6.114

Highest Rates: 10 [Liam, Regina], 9: [Ryan], 8:[Acidburn, jonjo, barbaric dan, lukuzz]
Lowest Rates: 0 [Martyn], 1 [Aled]

At #30 is another Kelly Clarkson country styled track, this was originally one place higher, but the last minute rate by Riser, pushed it to this position. This did get 4 non rates, but with all the rates that I do, I only average it by the scores it did get. This marked her 2nd solo country track and third as a main act, released in June 2013 as a stand alone single, giving her fans a surprise treat while waiting for her upcoming x-mas album that year. Upon release it wasn't given a major push despite being released internationally, it only managed to chart in South Korea and Canada, it didn't make the US Top 100, peaking at #112, but did manage to crack the US country chart top 40. It's no surprise that this is placed so low on here, due to it not being as well known as some of her other hits, but it did manage 2 10's, a 9 and 4 9's, but it was the 14 below average scores that brought it down in the end.

This post has been edited by Acidburn: 3rd August 2015, 08:00 PM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon

29. The Trouble With Love Is | Thankful | Avg: 6.175

Highest Rates: 10 (Sean, Lukuzz), 9: (Liam), 8/8.5 (Rob S, gooddelta, Ultraviolence1989, Jonjo, insomnio, riser)
Lowest Rates: 2 (Fgiboy2511), 3/3.5: (Regina, Mullo, Kellyann, Martyn)

At #29 is the first of the "Thankful" era to drop "The Trouble With Love Is". Released in November 2003 as the 4th and final single from her debut album. This was one of 4 tracks Kelly wrote for the album and after the under performance of her previous single which had a rock tinged sound. The label felt that she needed to return to ballads, in a hope that it would match the success of her lead single. But ended up performing even worse by failing to make the US top 100, by peaking at #101, but performed better worldwide by reaching #11 in Australia and hitting top 40 in Canada, Netherlands and UK where it was released as a double a-side with "Low". Elsewhere it made minor impact in Swiss and Germany. This was also placed on the soundtrack to the hit movie "Love Actually" in a hope to revive it's flagging sales and is considered one of her lost gems.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon

28. Because Of You (Ft Reba McEntire) | Reba: Duets | Avg.6.265

Highest Rates: 8.5/8 (Lukuzz, Rob S, Liam, gooddelta, Acidburn, Ultraviolence1989, J*hnkm, American Oxygen, Cameron, barbaric dan, Ryan, Nick F1)
Lowest Rates: -1 (Sean), 2.5 (Martyn)

At #28 is the first of 2 versions of one song, "Because Of You" this is the 2nd version re-recorded as a duet with country singer Reba McEntire. This actually scored lower points than "TTWLI" and "TIU", but with 7 non votes, this is based on the average of the scores it did get. This had a polarizing effect on this rate with many stating that this is a pointless duet of an already classic hit and didn't score more than a 8.5, with 12 of them, but with 10 below average score and a lot of middling rates, it ended up in the end at the lower end of this countdown. This was released in May 2007, 2 years after Kelly's original solo version, and this one was featured on Reba McEntire's album "Reba: Duets" and garnered mixed reviews, while the vocals were praised Reba brought nothing new to the song, which I find is right and was a kinda pointless release. This wasn't the original choice for her album, originally another song "A Lot Like You" was gonna be featured but Reba's husband convinced her to record this instead. Upon release it was only released in USA and Canada, and of course it was never gonna do as well as the original did, but did make a small impact by cracking the US top 50 and reaching #2 on the US country chart, along with a top 40 peak in Canada.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon

27. Before Your Love | Thankful | Avg.6.661

Highest Rates: 10 (Regina), 9 (Kylie Jackson, Riser), 8.5/8 (Rob S, Liam, Acidburn, American Oxygen, Lukuzz, Scherz)
Lowest Rates: 2 (Mullo, Fgiboy2511), 4 (Vibe)

At #27 is another forgotten Kelly Clarkson gem "Before Your Love", despite becoming her first chart topper, it was released as a double a-side alongside the more well known song "A Moment Like This" which received a lot more attention. Released in September 2002 following her win on the first series of American Idol and becoming the year's biggest selling single in the USA and later featured in a new mix on her debut album "Thankful". This is a very nice song and does capture that 90's teen ballad feel along the lines of early Britney and Christina Aguilera. On this rate it did get 8 non rates, probably due to the fact that this isn't very well known and didn't even feature on her Greatest Hits album, but overall this is a very likeable song that has a nostalgic feel to it.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd August 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Um no.

I LOVE Tie It Up sad.gif It's a shame the country album never materialised.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 3rd August 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

You should all be ashamed... Tie it up, don't rush and BOF lower than Walk Away or One Minute.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 3rd August 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 3 2015, 09:10 PM) *
Um no.
I LOVE Tie It Up sad.gif It's a shame the country album never materialised.

Shes said Piece By Piece was her last pop album and shes been working on country material alongside her previous albums tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon

26. One Minute | My December | Avg.6.705

Highest Rates: 9 (Liam, Heezus Froot, Riser), 8.5/8 (Frank, Jonjo, American Oxygen, Vibe, AdamAloud, Nick F1, Insomnio, Jark)
Lowest Rates: 2 (Mr Aly), 4/4.5 (Rob S, barbaric dan, Martyn, Liamshikari27)

At #26 is the first of the criminally underrated "My December" era singles "One Minute" released in September 2007 in Australia only as the album's 2nd single over there and 3rd overall. It was originally written for her 2nd album "Breakaway", but was re-worked and made it's way onto the third album. This like all the other singles from this era which was surrounded by controversy due to the record label, not wanting the album released as it was deemed not commercial enough, and so while it did get released, it wasn't given hardly any push, as only the lead single got any attention and everything else fell by the way side, including this, which wasn't even given a music video and only released in one country Australia where it became a minor success by reaching #36, becoming her 9th top 40 hit there. Honestly though if the record company had more faith in the project instead of being hell bent on destroying it, the whole thing could have been a lot more successful and this could have been given a decent push and it could have worked.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 3rd August 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon

25. Don't Waste Your Time | My December | Avg.6.728

Highest Rates: 9.5/9 (Regina, Kellyann, Insomnio), 8.5/8 (Liam, gooddelta, acidburn, J*hnkm, Vibe, barbaric dan, Nick F1, Lukuzz, Jark, bartsimpson, Riser)
Lowest Rates: 1 (Mr Aly), 2 (Simon)

At #25 is "Don't Waste Your Time" released in November 2007 as the 2nd and final international single from her 3rd album "My December", overall this was the 4th single released following "Never Again", "Sober" & "One Minute". Despite having a music video which has a cool gothic fairytale feel, but again like everything from this era, this just didn't gain any attention and fell by the way side. The only country it managed to chart in was Germany limping in at #93, it was due to be released in the UK but got cancelled and was supposed to be 3rd in Australia, but again got cancelled. Throughout this rate this and "OM" continually swapped places and scoring near identical scores, but in the end this score 7.5 more and ended up at this position.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 4th August 2015, 05:53 AM
Post #14
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I'm not surprised with any of these placements so far.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 4th August 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

I'm in the highest rate for everything so far apart from One Minute 😂
The Trouble With Love Is is so underrated

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th August 2015, 10:03 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

No huge shocks so far, I just hope the immense Already Gone can end up top 5.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 4th August 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

For some reason I didn't get a notification of this thread mellow.gif
Look forward to the singles results.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th August 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #18
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Yeah, no major surprises so far. I can just tell that 'Sober' is gonna be soon though (and below 'Never Again') drama.gif 'Tie It Up' is under appreciated though. I'm pleased to not see 'Don't You Wanna Stay' out as early as I'd imagined. What a lovely little number that is wub.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 4th August 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Don't You Wanna Stay is gonna end up going soon isn't it? drama.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 4th August 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #20
Group icon

24. Don't You Wanna Stay (Ft Jason Aldean) | Stronger | Avg.6.848

Highest Rates: 11 (Sean), 10 (Liam, Mullo, Liamshikari27), 9.5/9 (Jonjo, Riser)
Lowest Rates: 1/1.5 (Fgiboy2511, Martyn), 3 (Ultraviolence1989)

At #24 as many of you guessed is "Don't You Wanna Stay" which is another lovely little Kelly Clarkson country track, with guest vocals by Jason Aldean and this features on both their albums "My Kinda Party" and Kelly's 5th album "Stronger" as a bonus track. Originally Jason had two choices as to which female singer to sing this with, Kelly or Carrie Underwood and he stuck with his first choice and soon as his album was released, this became instantly popular with many fans wanting this released. It became a huge success on the US top 100 by reaching #31 and selling over 2 million units, as well as topping the US country songs charts, making this her most successful country song to date.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:55 AM