BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Exodus: Gods and Kings, Director: Ridley Scott | Christian Bale
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Dec 19 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I watched the official trailer one month ago and it has already released in theaters. It seems interesting to me. Besides, Ridley Scott is an amazing director and Christian Bale is one of the greatest actors of his generation! I hope it will be something decent.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Frank!
post Dec 28 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761
Saw this yesterday. Quite entertaining, but not amazing. The visual are (as expected) outstandig, as is the acting. My biggest problem with this is that I had the feeling that too much story was put in two and a half hours, if that makes any sense. A lot of sudden things happening too fast to my liking.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jan 23 2015, 01:43 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Exodus: Gods and Kings" is an ambitious project which came out in cinemas worldwide in the second week of December. The choice of its release was deliberate since the content of the movie would intrigue Christians all around the world to go to see it during the holidays. Having seen the impressive official trailer two months ago and knowing that the film was directed by Ridley Scott, there was no way not to see it on the big screen. Nevertheless, the film didn't have as much hype as it should have, and I guess that it happened because it received very lukewarm reviews.
"Exodus: Gods and Kings" was one of the most impressive films of the last year! By the way, it was the last movie I saw in the cinema, two days before the year was over! Basically, the film is based on the life of Moses, but the writers have added too many of their ideas. Do not expect to see exactly what we read from religious education in secondary school. When Hollywood undertakes a mythical story or a biblical person, it never follows faithfully their stories such as Hercules, Noah etc. So, why "Exodus: Gods and Kings" could be an exception? Besides, from the movie title, you can see in advance what you are going to see. However, it had very good digital effects, intense sound effects and nice performances from around the cast. Christian Bale was convincing in his role and the second roles greatly exceeded the interpretations in comparison with those we usually see in the respective television productions. It also had very good cinematography, magnificent photography and remarkable soundtrack. Having seen many films by Ridley Scott, what I can say with confidence is that he always tries his best. I have not seen a bad movie from him so far. Instead, I would say that I have seen many favorite movies that have remained timeless over the years such as Alien, Thelma & Louise, 1492: Conquest of Paradise and Gladiator! Yet I believe that his career has undeperformed slightly in recent years. Of course, he did not make bad movies, but their effects were not as impressive as to remind in the minds of viewers as with those that were in the beginning of his career. They are good but in no case exceptional. Nevertheless, "Exodus: Gods and Kings" is a pretty good production which disappointed us a little with its progression. Especially, the last forty minutes of the movie which is one of the most important parts of the story of Moses, we watched an exaggeration, one after another. Also, the parting of the Red Sea scene was not portrayed correctly.
"Exodus: Gods and Kings" had a fairly modest success in the Box office. For some, of course, it was considered disappointing. It managed to outnumber the budget which was provided by the producers worldwide although it had no satisfactory earnings in the USA. I imagine that the American public was not enthusiastic about Moses' story on the big screen and so there was no rush to see it at the theater. It also hasn't received a better assessment from IMDb members. However, I think it's not a representative rating. "Exodus: Gods and Kings" is clearly better than 6.3 because only its technical achievements touch a 7. So, if you add an additional two to three positive things, it deserves a higher score. Though, it was certainly banned in several Muslim countries such as Egypt, UAE, Morocco, Kuwait, etc. because they felt that it had historical inaccuracies and insults Islam and other religions. So, I do not consider impossible some fanatical Muslims have rated it with a zero without even seeing it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:31 AM