BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Fantastic 4' [2015], REBOOT.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jan 27 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Trailer premiered today. I was a bit dubious at first, but now having seen the trailer, it actually looks like it's going to be half decent! Darker than the others too!

Excited now!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jan 28 2015, 01:29 AM
Post #2
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
UGH WHY DID THEY REMAKE THIS

But yeah it looks like Miles Teller will be the only redeeming factor in this. Period.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 21 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #3
Group icon
NEW TRAILER:

Looking absolutely BRILLIANT! *.*

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 21 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Looks pretty godawful tbh. I'm not a big fan of the FF comics, but this really doesn't have much similarities to them, it looks like they took the very basic idea and then
OOT Hollywood-ified it. At least other Marvel movies are more loyal to their source material.

Also, why does Kate Mara keep getting work? She's got all the personality of a wet potato and from those clips, is NOT Sue Storm.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post Apr 21 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
They should have brought back the original cast instead

+Quote this post
Regina
post Apr 21 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Yeah that'd be great, having Captain America showing up as the Human Torch tongue.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 7 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I am so excited for this now, probably my most anticipated movie at the moment wub.gif

QUOTE(Blank Slayberry @ Jan 28 2015, 02:29 AM) *
But yeah it looks like Miles Teller will be the only redeeming factor in this

While I'm looking forward to many things about F4, that is probably the main reason I'm most excited for it kink.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jun 9 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Me too. Saw the trailer in the cinema today and he's roughly 80% of the reason I'm anticipating it.

+Quote this post
SLlewellyn
post Jun 12 2015, 11:19 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 13,126
First time watching any trailers for this, doesn't look TOO bad. I'm more excited for what they do with the second film in this reboot more than anything though, so many great FF stories to choose from!

+Quote this post
Hadji
post Aug 4 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
Saw it today. Was good but original was better. There are also no mid-credit or post-credit scenes

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 6 2015, 12:52 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Just finished watching it about half an hour ago. Absolutely poo. Honestly! It was dragged out so long, 90 mins felt like 2hrs & 15 mins! I'm not sure it was "pointless" to have this franchise remade in general, I was really looking forward to it, but as a film entry into the current superhero films that we have on offer? It's terrible and IS pointless. It brought nothing new to the table at all and there was nothing remotely interesting or gripping about this at all for me (and this comes from someone who hasn't seen the original films - only bits).

Ugh. Really disappointed. Hopefully this goes a similar way to 'Spider Man' and that 20th Century Fox crack a deal with Marvel to get some sort of help with it all/throw it into the MCU. drama.gif Fox should just stick with their 'X-Men' franchise.

+Quote this post
post Aug 6 2015, 06:37 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
What Jonjo said.

And how awful were the effects in the other dimension?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 6 2015, 08:00 AM
Post #13
Group icon
The effects were shockingly average for today's effects. The only thing I liked was that The Thing looked cool, but we literally didn't see them use their powers much at all (beyond them "training").

Ugh. Still annoyed. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 6 2015, 08:18 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I'm seeing the movie this afternoon and I booked it as I was looking forward to it, I wish I didn't now sleep.gif I shall review it tonight.

Fantastic Four 2 is out in July 2017, I guess this could be better as the team are developed or gets dumped.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 6 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
This is getting absolutely trashed by critics, 10% positive review on rotten tomatoes and its just going down and down!

I'm still excited for this though tbh, will hopefully be seeing it tomorrow

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 6 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Raining Shitter
TBH, the original F4 movies were fine as they were, no need to remake them.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Aug 6 2015, 04:13 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Meh... don't know where to begin... 45 minutes in the action picks up after the most boring opening 45 minutes of the film, does it really take that long to develop the characters... wham bang wallop, another boring bit, more action, wham bang wallop. The End. Best line of the entire film... "its clobbering time". I was really disappointed I had high hopes for this movie. I just hope they don't bother with the follow-up film, mind you the characters are more established now, so it might end up a decent movie hints are going round the Silver Surfer is coming back, to me it just sounds a re-make of the second F4 movie more than anything. But it seems a waste this comic book franchise was given a re-boot, the original 2 films are a lot better.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Aug 6 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
I don't think this was as bad as the reviews suggested it would be. The 'battle scene' was really short and anticlimactic. I feel if this film was 20 minutes longer with a more drawn out fight it would have been a really decent film.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 7 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #19
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Was a good film but it really wasn't great. It has the same shortfalls that The Amazing Spiderman, worse re-do of a storyline we've already seen and boring until the action comes in at the end. Not giving them the powers til half way through the movie almost killed me, I felt like I was watching a TV show with no plot rather than a superhero movie. The final fight sequence was good and it was great seeing them actually utilise all their powers for like the second time in the film but it did ultimately feel a bit short. It was a good film but it was really too boring in comparison to the other franchises Marvel and even Fox themsleves are putting out with X-men.

I'd probably give it a 5.5/10 and that really pains me because I love the original two films and how they got the balance of cool, fun and humour very very right and this is just a bit of a chore to watch. Ow sad.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 7 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
I was quite disappointed, I don't think it is bad as critics say but there was potential for such a better movie. The script isn't great and the film took far too long developing the characters. Also the last battle scene was far too short and I think there should have been more than 1 battle scene. If they wanted to spend that long developing the characters, they should've made the movie half an hour longer so they can include interesting parts. The effects weren't very good and the cast was ok- I liked Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell was ok but apart from his looks, Miles Teller was really disappointing. All Reed did was moan in that last hour. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to this sad.gif

I'd give it 5.5/10

On another note my cinema completely and utterly messed up the trailers. We had a trailer for The Man From U.N.C.L.E twice, the trailer for Fantastic Four despite the fact we were about to watch it and a trailer for The Maze Runner but it was the trailer for the 1st movie instead of the sequel!

Also the audience reaction was horrid, never seen so many people leave the cinema so quickly and literally everyone was moaning about how bad it was

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:31 PM