BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kid Cudi - MAN ON THE MOON III THE CHOSEN, 7th album | Dec 11th
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 14th April 2020, 06:31 AM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Kid Cudi is back with a new single. First new solo music in ~5 years!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 14th April 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon

This is a great listen. Very autobiographical as always from him and as a result the lyrics are honest and heart-breaking.

I am so happy we have the start of a new era from him!

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 14th April 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Knew I could count on you to post about this 🙌

I'll always have a soft spot for Cudi, and his last album was one of his best.
Really liking this on first listen too, so happy he's back <3

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 14th April 2020, 04:07 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Ignoring KIDS SEE GHOSTS (which was great in itself), his solo albums are always a wild trip. 'Passion, Pain and Demon Slayin'' is a massive favourite of mine. It, at times, reached the dizzying heights of the Man On The Moon eras (I & II).

Agreed - so happy to have him back and hopefully he is in a healthy place mentally to make music and share his story with us after all the demons that took over him sad.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th April 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Album confirmed to be called: Entergalactic

!!

I am fanboy SCREAMING at the title. It's honestly come full circle from Man On The Moon days!

A throwback from his masterpiece album heart.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th April 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #6
Group icon

He has also teased a snippet of "Do What I Want" which will feature on the album.

Entergalactic will serve as the music component of Barris' upcoming adult animated series of the same name.

Information on how the album/series will work below:

"The idea of there's never been an album and a series dropped at the same time, so each song will have a 30-minute narrative that kind of explains what that song is about and it's a love story," Barris said during a Watch Less episode from 2019 ComplexCon. "It's a youthful love story told through Cudi's music."

Cudi told his viewers the Entergalactic album—his first solo effort since 2016's Passion, Pain and Demon Slayin—will arrive next summer. A release date for the Netflix animated series has not been announced.

https://www.complex.com/music/2020/04/kid-c...eviews-new-song

cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 21st April 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon

This review of 'Leader of the Deliquents' sums it up perfectly:

Cudi continues to prove how criminally underrated his recent output is (particularly Indicud and Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin’) with a song that perfectly encapsulates all of his greatest eccentricities. “Leader of the Delinquents” is another venture into the tangled web of Cudi’s bewildered thoughts. It’s been on the back burner since 2012, which isn’t a surprise considering its vaporous background reminiscent of 2010 Kid Cudi.

The song is drenched in swagger, as Cudder pinballs between his legacy and remedial despair, hoping his iconic rage doesn’t get the best of him-“But sometimes I wanted to shoot my f***ing face off/I’m talking game over, defeated the boss/Hope with age, I can cope with my rage.” Dropping the toxic masculine stigma surrounding chronic mental health has been Cudi’s greatest contribution as an artist. He ushered in a decade filled with ostentatious personalities, Soundcloud experimentation, and genre defying acceptance. He’s always happily carry the flag as the ultimate outsider-making music for the lost souls.

clap.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd April 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Never really given Cudi's music the attention that I probably should have but am really liking 'Leader Of The Delinquents', has a v kool ~old skool~ sound to it cool.gif

(maybe that's partly because the song is 8 years old laugh.gif but yay for it finally seeing the light of day xx)

Didn't realise it had been quite so long since he last released anything in his own name!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 8th July 2020, 10:49 PM
Post #9
Group icon

New single with Eminem called 'The Adventures Of Moon Man & Slim Shady' coming on Friday apparently! ~

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 9th July 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Confirmed!

I haven't liked anything from Eminem since 'Rap God' and very few songs even in the decade before that came out, but... I am hoping this changes that with Cudi's magic attached to it. We shall see ~

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 9th July 2020, 11:38 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Is this out yet?

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th July 2020, 11:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Coming at 5am UK time presumably.

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 10th July 2020, 04:48 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

"The Adventures Of Moon Man & Slim Shady" is out now.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 11th July 2020, 01:31 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

I like the Eminem rapping regarding wearing face masks!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 13th July 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon

Eminem works so well with Cudi! The transition into his verse is so effortless and dare I say he outshines Cudi. A fan of this song too following on from Leader... and so excited for the album to fully surface.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 13th July 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #16
Group icon

Kid Cudi has been talking a lot recently about his mental health and the demons he has faced.

Kid Cudi Opens Up About Living with Anxiety and Depression: 'I Turn My Pain Into Music'

Kid Cudi is sharing a powerful message about mental health.

Ahead of the Well Beings virtual town hall event, the 36-year-old rapper opens up about his experience overcoming depression and anxiety in a new video, exclusively premiering on PEOPLE.

"When we're young, we face a lot of pressure to do things that harm us. We pretend to be happy when there's a raging violent storm inside of our heart," Kid Cudi says. "Once it was difficult for me to find the words. Anxiety and depression ruled my life for as long as I could remember. I was scared, I was sad, I felt like a damaged human swimming in a pool of emotions."

"I knew I deserved peace and to be happy, but I didn’t know how," he shares. "It took me a while to get to this place of commitment, to say I'm gonna get through this. To know that we can take our pain and turn it into something."

"I turn my pain into music," Kid Cudi says. "And my music is how I am different. And my difference is my power."

The rapper — who released "The Adventures of Moon Man & Slim Shady" with Eminem on Friday — first told fans about his struggles with mental illness in a Facebook letter posted in 2016. In the letter, Kid Cudi told his fans that he was checking himself into rehab to tackle his depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

“I am not at peace,” he wrote at the time. “My anxiety and depression have ruled my life for as long as I can remember and I never leave the house because of it … Its time I fix me. I’m nervous but I’mma get through this.”

After rehab, Kid Cudi spoke to Billboard about finding peace in a 2018 cover story. "I have so much joy that I don’t feel like I’m fighting anymore," the artist said. "It was this year, around my birthday [in late January]. I’m the best I’ve ever been in my life. I realized I was genuinely happy, and there’s nothing really going on in particular."

"Creating is making me happy again," he added.

Kid Cudi is scheduled to participate in the upcoming Well Beings virtual town hall hosted by the National Alliance on Mental Illness and WETA, the PBS station in Washington D.C., to launch a campaign targeting the youth mental health crisis.

https://people.com/music/kid-cudi-turn-my-p...ings-town-hall/

It is great that he is opening up about this and dispelling the stigma associated with speaking up about mental health and depression. Also very enlightening to see how music is helping him through the process and how is starting to feel happy once more. A lot of respect for him right now.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 13th July 2020, 10:17 PM
Post #17
Group icon

I liked Eminem's part on this song, particularly the strong railing against anti-maskers, Cudi's parts weren't really up to too much though and the song as a whole feels a little too long-winded without having any sort of hook and not really one I'm desperate to go back to D:

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 26th October 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Omg !!

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 26th October 2020, 04:45 PM
Post #19
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Just saw that! Amazing.
I didn’t like the Eminem collab at all (although I haven’t liked anything he’s been involved with for years so it wasn’t a surprise...), a third man on the moon album has me excited though 😭

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 26th October 2020, 04:48 PM
Post #20
Group icon

A teaser!

We've waited 10 years for this cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >