BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Challenge 39: Battle for a New Champion, Wednesday, Oct. 18
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post May 13 2017, 02:38 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Now I know none of you watch 'The Challenge' but I have been obsessed since this current season (Season 29) just ended.
I basically went back and watched some of the older seasons and they've been ridiculously good.
Basically it's Survivor meets Big Brother.

Basically they chuck anyone that has been on The Real World (or a few other MTV shows) onto a "Challenge" which they must compete against each-other either as individuals or as teams for a cash prize at the end.
This show has been on since 1998 and is about to go into it's 30th Season and is currently filming the 31st season (Season 29 just ended on TV this last week).

The kicker is, people that have competed in the past can continue to compete in future seasons, Some people have done more than 15 Challenges.
It's an interesting show. Like an uncensored Big Brother where they just throw booze down people's throats.

Best Bits from one of the more notable stars.

The show isn't without it's heartache. One popular contestant competed, was diagnosed with Cancer. Over came the cancer. Fell in and out of love. Competed with her Ex on a season where her cancer came back and she died prior to the season being aired.

The dynamics of the show are very interesting. This next season is basically taking Professional Athletes against former Winners of 'The Challenge'.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Sep 12 2023, 03:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 13 2017, 02:57 AM
Post #2
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I watch it!!! Overall I think the level of strategy is weak compared to Survivor and Big Brother but the challenges are soooo much better, very innovative and exciting rather than the same ones over and over again each season. And the house antics are amazing. Such an underrated reality series! I wish they didn't add Are You The One contestants to the mix but what can you do. Very excited for Champs vs. Pros!

Edit: Oh this past season was the first one you watched? ohmy.gif Glad you're catching up on the old ones! I can't even begin to list all of my favorites but Paula and Sarah come to mind. Ashley was my favorite from this past season, really didn't expect her to win!

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 13 2017, 03:06 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

omgggg someone else that watches The Challenge. The other forum I post at, they've all watched every season, so it's tough to get a real un-biased opinion of what I've seen.

I've watched (in reverse order) Rivals 3 (THAT ENDING), Battle of the Bloodlines, Cutthroat (my favorite season), Fresh Meat 2, The Ruins, The Duel 2, The Island and one of the Gauntlet seasons. Excited to see Veronica returning for 2 seasons (30, 31). It makes me feel like I have some connection to the earlier seasons.

The strategy is, yes, weak compared to Survivor/Big Brother.. but still exists (how any of these idiots can let Banana's last past week 1 is beyond me).

I've only season 2 Seasons with Sarah it in (Cutthroat, Rivals 3)* but she's awesome. No doubt she will never return, but if she did *.*
I'm a sucker for Camila and Cara-Maria. I would love to see Wes compete in a live season as well.

* if she was in any other season I listed, I probably forgot all about her.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: May 13 2017, 03:07 AM

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jun 23 2017, 03:02 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

This season has been brilliant. I wish they would have just done it proper. This last elimination made no sense.
The weekly Specials have been great too.. I really wish they'd cut Banana's for one season so Sarah + Evelyn would come back.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jun 23 2017, 03:23 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Just finished the Finals. Well deserved win by Cara and Darrell.
Can't believe they lost Fresh Meat and now are the winners of Champs vs Pros.
I'm assuming we're getting a Reunion since there's another Special next week? Could be wrong.
Lolo needs to be on every season going forward.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jun 23 2017, 04:04 AM
Post #6

Wait, was there a special every week!? I only just saw the one with Zach and Ashley on it during the finale, which was really cool. I fast-forward through the commercials but will have to re-watch if there was a special on each episode!

A good season indeed, but I was kinda watching just for CM Punk and lost interest after his elimination. I'm not expecting a reunion since it wasn't considered a full season, wouldn't mind being wrong though. I'm excited for the next season starting so soon although I'll have a hard time keeping up with Big Brother in full swing!

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jun 23 2017, 06:22 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, there has been a special every week during Champs vs. Pros.
From memory... Crazy Moments... A Girls Episode... Eliminations... Champions (Camila was in the top 4 wtf)... There's another one next week too.
A lot of the information was the same week over week.. I think you probably saw the Champions episode where Ashley K got a Honorable Mention for being a Champion? That was the latest one and had Ashley K/Zach.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jul 15 2017, 02:37 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Pre-Season Hype Episode Aired.
Very one sided. We didn't see anything from Dario, Darrell, Derrick (vet), Hunter, Shane, Ashley M and Jenna.
Perhaps they don't do well (Darrell not doing well would shock me).
Not a fan of Newbies, just, give us Vets. You were building up to it.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 15 2017, 03:22 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jul 14 2017, 10:37 PM) *
Not a fan of Newbies, just, give us Vets. You were building up to it.
This. Especially with it being season 30 I was hoping to see as many vets as possible. Derrick is an all-time fave though so I'm very glad for him to be back!

I mean, they got Nicole but not Nany? wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jul 22 2017, 01:39 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

So. Episode 1.

Ashley M - So disappointed. What was that?
Aneesa - I love her.
CT - He better not come back.. that's like a free pass if he does?
Cory - Babie Dick kink.gif
Darrell - Wow. Luck was not on his side.
Derrick K - Wow. His cast photo. He still has it going on.
Devin - K. I'm in. I know he's gonna play dirty
Jemmye - YAAAAAASSSS
Jenna - Someone said it best. It's probably best to have no brains.

This episode felt odd. They should have just not had the Challenge/Elimination. For me, I don't know a lot of these people.
I love the Redemption Twist however.
Looks like (and sounds like) it's gonna be an amazing season.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jul 22 2017, 03:25 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Apparently the next two season are Battle of the Bloodlines (2) and Champs vs Pros (2)
Coral was brought back for one of the two

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Jul 22 2017, 03:25 AM

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jul 29 2017, 01:03 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Shane/Simone and Louise/Lolo for Rivals 4 please.
I can't believe they didn't have cameras for one of the juiciest sounding fights ever.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 29 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Next Airing is Champs vs Stars. Cast is:

Champs:
Wes Bergmann
Jenna Compono
Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio
Aneesa Ferreira
Ashley Mitchell
Camila Nakagawa
Zach Nichols
Emily Schromm
Chris "CT" Tamburello
Cory Wharton

Stars:
Ariane Andrew
Kim Glass
Shawn Johnson
Romeo Miller
Josh Murray
Terrell Owens
Riff Raff
Matt Rife
Justina Valentine
Michelle Waterson

Camila is being edited out of the show however. Allegedly she punched a producer, stole a golf cart and was arrested.
Starts November 21st. I'm sure the next season will air right after.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: Oct 29 2017, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Oct 29 2017, 04:00 AM
Post #14
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Wait so which season was the one with all the Big Brother rumors?

(lmaooooo at T.O being on here, omggggggg @ Shawn Johnson though, will probs check out for her tbh)

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 29 2017, 04:20 AM
Post #15

Lol why'd they even invite Camila back in the first place. I won't miss her. So nobody from Big Brother after all, oh well.

I just scrolled up and can't believe Season 30's been going on for 3+ months already! It's been okay, various parts of the format have bothered me but I'm pretty happy with who's left. I wasn't expecting to like any of the newbies but Tori won me over kink.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 29 2017, 03:03 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(TheStareCrow-dy @ Oct 29 2017, 04:00 AM) *
Wait so which season was the one with all the Big Brother rumors?

(lmaooooo at T.O being on here, omggggggg @ Shawn Johnson though, will probs check out for her tbh)

Season 31, which is being filmed now.
'Champs vs Stars' is like a special.. They had 'Champs vs Pros' before Season 30.. I think it was only 6 episodes and then they jumped straight into Season 30.
blink.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 29 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Oct 29 2017, 04:20 AM) *
Lol why'd they even invite Camila back in the first place. I won't miss her. So nobody from Big Brother after all, oh well.

I just scrolled up and can't believe Season 30's been going on for 3+ months already! It's been okay, various parts of the format have bothered me but I'm pretty happy with who's left. I wasn't expecting to like any of the newbies but Tori won me over kink.gif

The BB Cast is on the season thats filming now, so, I guess that will air early 2018.
MTV really doesn't have much in the hopper for Shows. They don't seem to be doing anymore Real World and AYTO seems to be flopping.
Yeah, this season has just DRAGGEEEEDDDD on. It's been very frustrating. However, good people at the end. I've really enjoyed Tori. Also happy Veronica made it as far as she did.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Nov 3 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

So Season 31 is titled 'Vandettas'
Airs January 2018 (after Champs vs Stars)
Only Victor and Natalie from BB are competing. Michelle and Corey were extras. Unclear if they were needed.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Nov 11 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Finale Reunion next week. I think based on what we've seen, we can pretty much declare Tori and Jordan the winners.
Very impressed with Tori, being it's her first season. I know Rookies sometimes make it to the end, but, they're mostly goats. Tori earned her spot.

I guess the Finale was filmed after 'Champs vs Stars' because Camila isn't there. Her cross is being pulled by TJ.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Nov 16 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #20

I appreciate them going all-out for Season 30 but stretching out the finale over 4 episodes is beyond ridiculous!

I'm torn on who I want to win, Derrick's my all time fave but Jordan was such a challenge beast and definitely earned it. It would be fascinating if Camila won and couldn't accept her prize on stage (thought I saw her in the audience but surely she wasn't!?).

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM