BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Collateral Beauty ||| 26th Dec 2016, Smith, Mirren, Winslet, Knightley, Norton, Harris, Peña
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Nov 12 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Starting to see the trailer for this pop up in more places and beginning to become more hyped for it the more I see it, it looks like it could be a very emotional story and you can't really go wrong with a cast that stacked! Doesn't look like it's going to be one of the bigger awards contenders but looks like it's going to be a good one nevertheless.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Dec 30 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I can see why the reviews have been so unkind to this, the trailer advertised a completely different film and was very, very misleading and the actual film itself and its plot are also rather cruel. I won't spoil it but what the 'friends' do to Will Smith's character is basically full-on evil laugh.gif Saying that, I actually enjoyed the film personally and enjoyed the two separate sides of it, the hired actors were quite fun actually and Helen Mirren was pretty hilarious. I also loved the Naomie Harris/Smith and it took ages for the twist to dawn on me, that really caught be my surprise and those parts did feel quite sweet smile.gif

Also on a side note, the Winslet and Peña personal side stories were a bit unnecessary but eh, still enjoyed the film a fair bit.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 31 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Yeah I wasn't a fan of the side stories either and I think too much time was focused on them. But then I wasn't that big on the main story either laugh.gif It didn't get me emotionally as intended as I just found it rather boring and the concept didn't work for me. The ending was alright but I'm not sure how much I buy the twist, I know what the note said but eh, and Helen Mirren felt too coincidental.

I think the friends had some good intentions, I didn't mind that so much, Chris Pratt is still the monster of the festive season in my eyes. tongue.gif

Shame that my cinema-going year had to end on this low given some of the great names involved in the cast. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Dec 31 2016, 10:53 AM
Post #4
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
I think the side stories were entirely necessary especially seeing as I assume the actors weren't actually real - the way they were 'digitally edited out' of the videos would have been impossible - and were entirely relevant to each of their side stories (Michael Peña coming to terms with dying, Kate Winslet running out of time to have children and Ed Norton losing the love of his daughter). If anything, I felt like the side stories weren't prominent enough. I thought it was such a lovely film and it actually brought tears to my eyes which is pretty rare these days.

EDIT: Accidentally bolded instead of spoilered. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Juranamo: Dec 31 2016, 10:54 AM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 31 2016, 11:47 AM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
An interesting way of looking at it actually and it makes sense! But then at just over 90 minutes long, I think it struggled to balance everything either way. And I could say I didn't think it focused enough on Will Smith, but I'm not actually his biggest fan. Edward Norton was my least favourite character, I think he was the least likeable and you could sympathise with the others a lot more.

You've made me view the side stories a little more favourably but overall still not a fan of the movie.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:40 AM