BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pop @ The GRAMMYS 2021
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 24 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Best Pop Solo Performance
"Cardigan" – Taylor Swift
"Everything I Wanted" – Billie Eilish
"Don't Start Now" – Dua Lipa
"Say So" – Doja Cat
"Yummy" - Justin Bieber
"Watermelon Sugar" – Harry Styles

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
"Un Dia (One Day)" – J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy
"Intentions" – Justin Bieber featuring Quavo
"Dynamite" – BTS
"Rain On Me" – Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande
"Exile" – Taylor Swift featuring Bon Iver

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
Renee Zellweger & others

Best Pop Vocal Album
Fine Line – Harry Styles
Folklore – Taylor Swift
Chromatica – Lady Gaga
Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa
Changes – Justin Bieber

discuss!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 24 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
the way that awful ringtone mixtape got nominated in all 3 pop categories and is then COMPLAINING on social media because he says it's an R&B album. I swear....

anyway hoping for a Taylor sweep here wub.gif

rn my predictions are:

Pop Solo - Don't Start Now (alt: Everything I Wanted)
Pop Duo/Group - exile (as long as Taylor promotes it or pushes it) (alt: Rain On Me)
Pop Album: folklore (alt: Future Nostalgia)

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Nov 24 2020, 07:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
No one can seriously say Yummy represents the best of pop 😂🥴 so strange!!! Even MORE baffled by The Weeknd snub and I'm not even a fan really!

Amazing for Dua, really hope she can pick up a few!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Nov 24 2020, 07:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
O noms for The Weeknd seems really bizarre considering he did so much for the album campaign, produced one of the biggest songs of all time, amazing live performances and then snubbing him like that it really hurts.

BLM it should have taught Grammy's better by awarding Weeknd few pop noms since he intentionally submitted to Pop to prove that color shouldn't define genres...all they did is give everything to Beyonce and nothing to Weeknd laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 24 2020, 07:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
The Weeknd deserved noms in Record, Song and Album!

Really robbed cry.gif

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Nov 24 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
QUOTE(UltraFolklore @ Nov 24 2020, 06:55 PM) *
the way that awful ringtone mixtape got nominated in all 3 pop categories and is then COMPLAINING on social media because he says it's an R&B album. I swear....

anyway hoping for a Taylor sweep here wub.gif

rn my predictions are:

Pop Solo - Don't Start Now (alt: Everything I Wanted)
Pop Duo/Group - exile (as long as Taylor promotes it or pushes it) (alt: Rain On Me)
Pop Album: folklore (alt: Future Nostalgia)
What’s even more annoying about him moaning is that actual Rnb artists and albums have been snubbed in there categories/fields yet he’s moaning despite at least be nominated ? The white privilege really jumped out ... sick2.gif mellow.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 24 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #7
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Best and justin bieber this year is pushing it

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Nov 24 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
what a joke

+Quote this post
kye
post Nov 24 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
rain on me had better get the duo award. would love dua to get something but the categories are tough.

really didn’t like anything taylor did from this album so i’m hoping she doesn’t get everything.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 24 2020, 09:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Jord
I know she’s not nominated in pop but how are we thinking Beyoncé will do on the night? Just there’s no other GRAMMYs related thread here to discuss the noms in general.

Like I’m guessing she’ll win something probably the music video and music film for sure but for her to be the most nominated artist overall is very excessive laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif But the GRAMMYs literally stan her.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 25 2020, 05:25 AM
Post #11
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Addy!os @ Nov 24 2020, 11:12 AM) *
BLM it should have taught Grammy's better by awarding Weeknd few pop noms since he intentionally submitted to Pop to prove that color shouldn't define genres...all they did is give everything to Beyonce and nothing to Weeknd laugh.gif
I don’t really agree with this mentality, the Grammys shouldn’t feel pressured to give him a nomination just by virtue of race. It gives off the message he deserves the nom not because of his artistry or the song was good but because he’s black. It promotes a sort of tokenism and it doesn’t sit right with me.

That said, Blinding Lights is a GLARING omission not just because it’s a good song, but because it was an INESCAPABLE song. It stood the test of time, people are still eating it up a year after its release. The critical and commercial reception were off the charts, and it inspired a cultural reset. There needs to be some sort of transparency as to why this didn’t get nominated and yet Yummy, which everyone forgot about in a week, did.

The Bones getting a nom for country though! cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Nov 25 2020, 06:31 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
QUOTE(Cody Cranberry @ Nov 25 2020, 07:25 AM) *
I don’t really agree with this mentality, the Grammys shouldn’t feel pressured to give him a nomination just by virtue of race. It gives off the message he deserves the nom not because of his artistry or the song was good but because he’s black. It promotes a sort of tokenism and it doesn’t sit right with me.

That said, Blinding Lights is a GLARING omission not just because it’s a good song, but because it was an INESCAPABLE song. It stood the test of time, people are still eating it up a year after its release. The critical and commercial reception were off the charts, and it inspired a cultural reset. There needs to be some sort of transparency as to why this didn’t get nominated and yet Yummy, which everyone forgot about in a week, did.

The Bones getting a nom for country though! cheer.gif cheer.gif

Cody, don't open the can of wounds...The only thing that shouldn't sit right with you is their ignorance and not acknowledging the artist who as you said it inspired a cultural reset.

It's not about tokenism, it's simply about white-ism always getting priority over black artists, as we've seen in the past Kendrick losing to Macklemore, Beyonce to Beck, Michael Jackson 'Off The Wall' never getting any noms and Prince snub etc etc. I could go on!!!

Grammys have a history with racism and this one will nicely fit in that category as well...it's not a first time really!!!

+Quote this post
kye
post Nov 25 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #13
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
blinding lights is like THE pop song of the last 12 months though. don’t start now, say so, everything i wanted + watermelon sugar are also definitive pop songs.

cardigan - while some may say it’s a great song - is barely passable as pop. if anyone else had sang that song it would not have a pop nomination. yummy is a total disgrace + shouldn’t even have been considered let alone nominated for the grammy.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 25 2020, 11:40 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Jord
Taylor’s album is brilliant but it’s not pop. It’s listed as Alternative on both iTunes and Apple Music.

She deserved the nominations but not in those categories

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 25 2020, 05:02 PM
Post #15
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(kye @ Nov 25 2020, 02:59 AM) *
blinding lights is like THE pop song of the last 12 months though. don’t start now, say so, everything i wanted + watermelon sugar are also definitive pop songs.

cardigan - while some may say it’s a great song - is barely passable as pop. if anyone else had sang that song it would not have a pop nomination. yummy is a total disgrace + shouldn’t even have been considered let alone nominated for the grammy.
At least Cardigan was pushed to the pop format - I haven't seen a mention of Exile being pushed to pop in the past few months lol

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:48 AM