BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Get Weird' is the 11th Best Selling Album of 2015!, Because this feat deserves a topic of it's own!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 6th January 2016, 01:19 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Other notable entries include Little Mix’s Get Weird, which finishes on the end of year chart at Number 11. Released in November, the album is already the girl group’s biggest of their career, having hit 389,000 combined sales to date.
Number 11 with about 2 months worth of sales for them, is absolutely insane! I really couldn't be more proud and pleased for the girls.

What's even more impressive is that when you take into condition the sort of acts they have beaten. Many of them being big album sellers in the past and even beating One Directions final album before their hiatus! They've beaten them, Mumford & Sons as well as Ellie Goulding & Florence + The Machine and also Years & Years who I thought would've done better than the girls. Such a huge feat not only for the girls, but for a manufactured girl group pop album in general.

Absolutely thrilled and ecstatic for them. Hopefully it continues well into 2016 for them and at one point or another, hopefully they can capitalise on momentum and manage to bag a number 1 position in a quieter week or something! Excited to see what the future holds for the girls and to see how much more they can rinse the album.

Rest of the top 40:

1 25 ADELE
2 X ED SHEERAN
3 IN THE LONELY HOUR SAM SMITH
4 IF I CAN DREAM ELVIS PRESLEY
5 PURPOSE JUSTIN BIEBER
6 1989 TAYLOR SWIFT
7 I CRY WHEN I LAUGH JESS GLYNNE
8 CHAOS AND THE CALM JAMES BAY
9 A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS COLDPLAY
10 WANTED ON VOYAGE GEORGE EZRA
11 GET WEIRD LITTLE MIX
12 HOZIER HOZIER
13 NEVER BEEN BETTER OLLY MURS
14 MADE IN THE AM ONE DIRECTION
15 WILDER MIND MUMFORD & SONS
16 ANOTHER COUNTRY ROD STEWART
17 TITLE MEGHAN TRAINOR
18 ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE JEFF LYNNE'S ELO
19 HOW BIG HOW BLUE HOW BEAUTIFUL FLORENCE & THE MACHINE
20 COMMUNION YEARS & YEARS
21 CHASING YESTERDAY NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING
22 ROYAL BLOOD ROYAL BLOOD
23 A PERFECT CONTRADICTION PALOMA FAITH
24 1000 FORMS OF FEAR SIA
25 THE VERY BEST OF CILLA BLACK
26 BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS WEEKND
27 THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION PAUL SIMON
28 AMERICAN BEAUTY/AMERICAN PSYCHO FALL OUT BOY
29 DARK SKY ISLAND ENYA
30 DRONES MUSE
31 CHAPTER ONE ELLA HENDERSON
32 A YEAR OF SONGS ALEXANDER ARMSTRONG
33 III TAKE THAT
34 DELIRIUM ELLIE GOULDING
35 RATTLE THAT LOCK DAVID GILMOUR
36 THE BALCONY CATFISH & THE BOTTLEMEN
37 LIQUID SPIRIT GREGORY PORTER
38 + ED SHEERAN
39 KEEP THE VILLAGE ALIVE STEREOPHONICS
40 CHRISTMAS MICHAEL BUBLE
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 6th January 2016, 02:36 AM
Post #2
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

So amazing! wub.gif the fact that they have outdone and bettered so many of the industry's "heavy hitters" has really shown what they are capable of. I honestly think this is the progression into some huge things for them, and i'm so excited for era 4, when i am certain they are going to build upon the amazing work they have done this campaign and cement there place in pop history. Exceptional tbh.

Also amazing that Black Magic was the 27th best selling song of the year wub.gif

This post has been edited by Jimmy Jam: 6th January 2016, 02:47 AM

+Quote this post
Serg
post 6th January 2016, 04:13 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
User: 22,662

Just amazing so proud of them wub.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 6th January 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

This era is just going so well for them, they have really got it spot on. I know this era is still new and the 4th album is a while away but they need to build on what is now their most successful era and capitalize and they really stand a strong chance of a long term career once they don't split.

+Quote this post
post 6th January 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

This Digital Spy article title: though http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a7788...2015-in-the-uk/

They also sold more in official singles than One Direction in 2015, too I'm pretty sure. But I don't want to get into petty details tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 6th January 2016, 03:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 6 2016, 02:25 PM) *
This Digital Spy article title: though http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a7788...2015-in-the-uk/

They also sold more in official singles than One Direction in 2015, too I'm pretty sure. But I don't want to get into petty details tongue.gif

laugh.gif they absolutely deserve to though. I love ma boys, but Little Mix are the MVPs of 2015 for me

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 6th January 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It feels like they've properly came into their own status wise this time after Salute established them a lot more, I take my hat off to them.

I was worried that not releasing their album in 2014 and the negative publicity they got for cancelling their US tour would hinder them, but they've really pulled it out of the bag!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:02 AM