BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2016 Movie Forum Retrospective: Most Disappointing Films, New Feature! | What Films Of 2016 Left You Underwhelmed?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th December 2016, 02:20 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hello and welcome to a brand new feature of the movies forum which will occur over the next couple of weeks, a 2016 Movies Forum Retrospective! From the films released in 2016, to movie news, to the community here, prepare for loads of threads and talking points going up over the next few days so would be great to see lots of people commenting! Hope you like the logo also!

So on the other hand, which films left you disappointed and wanting more from them, and once again this is referring to films that disappointed or underwhelmed you and has nothing to do with box office! A film you were hyped for but turned out to be really poor? A film that was one of your most anticipated of the year but didn't end up anywhere near that? Please comment and will be interesting to see if people agree/disagree with each other!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th December 2016, 02:21 AM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

The Girl On The Train takes this hands down for me easily. Everything but Emily Blunt ranged from underwhelming to horrendous.

(I'll be commenting longer posts tomorrow!)

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 17th December 2016, 11:16 AM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

I don't know if I can single one movie out in a big way like you have UV (and I'd strongly disagree with The Girl On The Train which I found to be solid and met expectations).

Now You See Me 2 wasn't very good at all, but I wasn't really expecting it to be so this is based on having really enjoyed the first one.

Ghostbusters I expected to be a lot funnier. I still gave it 7/10, but 8/10 and above is my 'would watch again' range and I would've expected it to be up there given the names involved.

Fantastic Beasts was definitely underwhelming if we compare it to the Harry Potter films and I'm left wondering if giving it 8/10 was a bit too generous. The Harry Potter movies would make my top 5 of the year, this I don't think is even going to be in my top 40 of the year.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 17th December 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice
Ghostbusters

+Quote this post
Qween
post 17th December 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Civil War is perhaps the closest I could say there was to a film which left me underwhelmed this year, largely because everything else I either expected to be abysmal and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it (BvS, Suicide Squad) or exceeded low expectations.

Civil War was probably always going to leave me feeling like that though because Winter Soldier is my favourite Marvel movie but the story wasn't quite as good as it felt a little more forced than WS. But all Marvel movies now have so much heavy lifting to do and so many boxes to tick that it's a feeling I'm getting with them more and more.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 17th December 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

I watched a very decent number of films this year, but the majority were making up for things I've missed in the past.

My favourite releases from this year would be 'The Neon Demon', 'Son of Saul', 'Spotlight', 'Room' and 'Maggie's Plan' in that order. But Xmas holidays only started today so I'm bound to watch way more 2016 stuff in the next few weeks!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th December 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'Fantastic Beasts' came to mind for this thread!

It was a little too style over substance for most of the film. As great as that style was, it simply was not a patch on the Harry Potter films.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 18th December 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

The first Divergent movie was probably in my top 10/20 of 2014 and the follow-up was stellar too although not quite as good but I absolutely hated Allegiant and it'll probably end up in my bottom ten of this year. The CGI was awful and so unrealistic, the acting was uninteresting, Four bored me and the villain was just laughable. A massive dip in quality and I'm glad the Box Office reflected that.

Zoolander 2 was also a huge disappointment for me, I didn't even love the first one that much but there were still laughs to be had and the characters were likeable. This one was just painful to watch and there was very little good about it, I don't even remember chuckling once.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 21st December 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

I don't know? Gods Of Egypt? It was "meh" for me.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:47 PM