BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Vacation' | Mid-August UK Release.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 4th August 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Didn't realise a few people were anticipating this, judging by the Buzz-Hype chart!

I love the comedies that take me by surprise. This trailer looks good! I'm hoping it'll be similar to 'We're The Millers' and completely surprise me. Managed to stay away from trailers etc... as I hate comedy trailers as they give far too much away (also horrors too!)

But we shall see!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 4th August 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Yeah, I was scared to open a thread because it's only getting bad reviews and no hype eek.

I thought the trailer looked pretty funny and I'll probably enjoy some of the humour in it a lot of people have been talking about that is supposedly cringe. I mean those pictures from the scene with Hemsworth and his big *parsnip* just look ridiculous but those sorta things just make me chuckle laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 4th August 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

I'll definitely watch this seeing as I've seen the first four Vacation movies which I thought were all good especially European Vacation

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 4th August 2015, 11:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Really looking forward to this, looks so funny wub.gif

+Quote this post
richie
post 6th August 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

I'm a huge fan of the first film and even have a lot of good things to say about European vacation too. But this is just the next natural step on a downwards spiral to the bottom of the barrel. That said, I'll probably end up catching it somewhere at some point - but there really wasn't a laugh in that trailer.

+Quote this post
post 6th August 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'm here for Thor.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 6th August 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Only interested in Hemsworth's giant fake penis, but I can just get screengrabs from his fansites tbh.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 14th August 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #8
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Some parts of the trailers make me laugh, other parts look really cringe/unfunny. I was a little unsure but I think I'll see it and hopefully it can surprise. Don't see a chance of it being as triumphant as 'We're The Millers' though.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 22nd August 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Was pleasantly surprised by this, some of it was very funny although a fair few bits did fall a bit flat but even that was oddly charming. Even the opening credits were charming where there was an ordinary holiday picture and then the name faded out and revealed something funny behind it which I thought was a really idea.

There were two relationships that really stole the show for me, the two brothers had a great relationship, the older one finally getting the younger one back scene was hilarious, especially when the young brother was like this is just weird now get off laugh.gif . The other being the relationship between Christina Applegate's and Chris Hemsworth's characters, it was only a couple scenes worth of material but was hilarious, his peen scene being a highlight when you could just see her eyes fluttering down laugh.gif. Chris pulled his character off really well I thought, moments like when he licked the muck off her face from his finger were just executed hilariously with a little cheeky grin afterwards!

Really charming film and I'd definitely recommend it Jahq!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 24th August 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

Yeah I enjoyed it, better than I expected (although my expectations included an inkling that it would be better than it looked from the trailer). I liked the opening credits too, were those pictures made for the movie or did they find them all somewhere. laugh.gif

My favourite bits were when they were scrubbing the penis drawing on the car and when he ran into the cow and then that other cow comes over to start eating the remains!! laugh.gif

Loved the cast, I thought Ed Helms and Christina Applegate really worked well together and were great in something like this.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 24th August 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

BABY, I COMPARE YOU TO A KISS FROM A ROSE ON THE GRAY <3

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread