BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ORA | 1st Album, 27th August 2012
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post Aug 27 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #41
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
She picked the singles in the correct order tbh, the rest of the album is disappointing, don't get the love for Radioactive, loving Young, Single and Sexy!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 28 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #42
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Not getting the hate towards this album, tbh. It's a little faceless/generic for the most part, yeah but I think it works, purely because it's a debut album and that she's trying to find the sound that works for her. If she's like this still by album 3, then I won't be pleased and I'll give up with her. I'm really liking 'Roc' The Life', 'Radioactive' and 'Been Lying' the most so far but the rest of them sound like genuine growers. It's a good debut I think, not as great as she has potential to be, but still good enough imo.

+Quote this post
G𝓪𝓻y
post Aug 29 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #43
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277
It's not a fantastic album by any means- but going by the reviews on here I was expecting far worse.

'Radioactive', 'Young, Sexy & Free' and 'Been Lying' are fantastic and I really like 'Roc The Life', 'Shine Ya Light', 'Hi, Hello, Goodbye' and 'Facemelt'. The only songs I'm not liking at the moment are 'Crazy Girl' and 'Roc The Life' plus that terrible, terrible duet with Will.I.Am.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 29 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
She's said in an interview Shine Ya Light is the next UK single, not Radioactive. Meh, I like Shine Ya Light but Radioactive is SCREAMING for release....

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Aug 29 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #45
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I much prefer Shine Ya Light over Radioactive, so I'm happy with that.

The album is nowhere near as bad as many people are saying here but I agree with how she's yet to find her own sound, but that will come with time.

+Quote this post
WillR0713
post Aug 29 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #46
Group icon
...lips that felt just like the inside of a rose...
User: 9,179
'Young, Single & Sexy' is at #37 on the UK iTunes ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Aug 29 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #47
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(WillR0713 @ Aug 29 2012, 09:15 PM) *
'Young, Single & Sexy' is at #37 on the UK iTunes ohmy.gif

BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM, TAKING AWAY HOW WE DO.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 30 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #48
Group icon
It's not really surprising it's the highest non-single from the album (is it actually higher than album versions of the singles?) as Deluxe Tracks tend to be cherry picked more as people buy the standard album (for a cheaper price). The surprising thing about it is, just how high it actually is. Usually they are lucky to make top 50. But she's reached #37 with it! Not a bad thing either as it's fantastic. wub.gif

+Quote this post
EXO
post Aug 30 2012, 03:09 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 16,646
I agree I dont get the hate smile.gif I know I am a big Rita Ora fan but I myself can stand up and say OK it isnot the most amazing album in the world but it deffo isnot the worst album ever made. My faves would have to be: How We Do (party), R.I.P, Radioactive, Uneasy, Shine Ya Light & Young, Single & Sexy.

+Quote this post
Aled.
post Aug 30 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254
This album was really just everything I expected it to be. A pleasant enough way to spend 40 minutes, but it's nothing spectacular. It's very faceless and very generic, but I don't think she ever presented an image of anything other than that. Songs are decent enough for the most part, perhaps a little hit and miss here and there. I won't be rushing back to most of them admittedly.
Most of my frustrations with her are about how devoid of personality everything is. Even her vocals seem lifeless most of the time. She's got three #1 singles and all I know of her is that she's afraid of toilets, apparently. She's being put forward as the British Rihanna, and I really don't think we needed one.

'Hot Right Now' is the highlight, which is perhaps a little unfortunate since it isn't technically her song. 'Radioactive' is being over hyped a little, but it's still one of the best there. 'How We Do (Party)' is still bloody annoying, and 'Fall In Love' is just hilariously bad.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post Aug 31 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492
I've been meaning to give this album a spin all week because I have liked (to some degree) the three number 1 singles she's been involved with. I think what's put me off most is the most common feedback seems to be that it's a very generic and faceless album. I don't mind the odd faceless generic fun pop record (like How We Do) but a whole album of this kind of stuff really would put me off. I was hoping she'd go down the route of R.I.P and do something a bit edgy and fierce but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm also not a fan of the album name... I think she should have just called it "Rita Ora" or something else completely. The artwork is alright but it reminds me of something Rihanna would do better.

Anyway, I'll try to give it a spin with an open mind some point this week!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 2 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #52
Group icon
I've had this album for a little over a week now. So I think imma give a rate...

07.0 'Facemelt'
09.0 'Roc The Life'
10.0 'How We Do (Party)'
09.0 'R.I.P.' (feat. Tinie Tempah)
11.0 'Radioactive'
08.0 'Shine Ya Light'
07.5 'Love & War' (feat. J. Cole)
06.0 'Uneasy'
02.0 'Fall In Love' (feat. Will.I.Am)
09.0 'Been Lying' (Very, very 'Doesn't Mean Anything'/'Just The Way You Are' wub.gif )
09.0 'Hello, Hi, Goodbye'
07.0 'Hot Right Now' (w/ DJ Fresh)
06.5 'Crazy Girl'
09.5 'Young, Single & Sexy'
08.0 'Meet Ya' (Growing on me the most. Very Jackson 5 'I Want You Back')

Such a good album. That Will.I.Am duet is really bad though.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Sep 16 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
I've just listened to some of the album (ignoring songs that I remembered to be godawful first time around), and I'm still not sold on it. There are some good songs on there (mainly the singles), but it doesn't really show off what she's capable of and every song seems to be of a different genre (not helped by the fact that the three leading singles are completely different to one another).

"Roc the Life" is actually quite a good song after a few listens - the hook is good, if a bit repetitive. "Radioactive" isn't brilliant, neither is "Shine Ya Light" (the chorus is decent, but the chant before and after it and the verses aren't very good). I'm not sure if there will even be another hit from this though.

+Quote this post
Mikal
post Dec 3 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092
Uh-oh, she's treding worldwide as Rita Whora... Rob Kardashian is claiming she's cheated on him with over 20 different men.

https://instagr.am/p/Sx_fFDGioZ/media/?size=l

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 3 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Lmao 'Rita Whora'!!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 3 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #56
Group icon
He's a Kardashian though... Bleh. Clearly not good for her image and stuff though sad.gif I hate it when people get personal like this on twitter and stuff just to get in the headlines/create whatever buzz they need to get a kick. Stuff like that should be personal and I think it's a pretty cheap shot from him. He should quit crying and whatever about it publically.

+Quote this post
Ladame
post Dec 3 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #57
Group icon
New Entry
User: 16,115
He looks pathetic resorting to twitter

+Quote this post
BuzzLightyear
post Dec 3 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,330
"I get that drunk sex feeling" She's gonna cringe singing those lyrics in future. It's a shame, I think she's a talent who seems like a nice girl, her image is now in tatters though. WTF was she thinking going with Rob Kardashian anyway, he's the American Peter Andre but with less talent and less dignity. He's nothing special to look at either, weird. It'll be interesting to see her reaction!

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Dec 3 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #59
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
Is a famous female sleeping with lots of people whilst working themselves well up in the industry really that noteworthy? I'm surprised it doesn't come out more often really, I'm sure there are many people who've sucked a lot of important cock to get where they are!

+Quote this post
★ G R I E F ★
post Dec 3 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #60

This news is GOOD. I hope she never gets a hit single again. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ★ G R I E F ★: Dec 3 2012, 09:05 PM

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:15 AM