BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> AF Idol • A REFLECTION, Inc. FULL results.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jul 2 2019, 09:12 PM) *
cheer.gif yaas Britney! Thanks to everyone who got involved in this contest wub.gif
I'm cry.gif that Spice Girls didn't go far enough to use Viva Forever! Maybe Maz & I should have gone with that over Goodbye and possibly lasted one more round. Although if we'd done that, it probably would have been RIP to Girls Aloud at that stage. ohmy.gif
You were so adamant on having that VF/NGUOTGT round!!! Boooooo. Shoulda used some solos kink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 2 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #22
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
new forum AFSC showcase when

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jul 2 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Give us new forum afsc

+Quote this post
Rush
post Jul 3 2019, 03:21 AM
Post #24
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564
Indeed this was a wonderful idea and brought participation levels I've hardly ever seen on this site, thanks to the AF mods for running it!

A future sequel with none of the same songs allowed would probably create some very different results! I imagine it would work well for Rihanna, Ariana and Taylor, while Rita and Dua would be gone almost instantly... unless they put out some huge new singles in the time before it happens, of course. I'd also thought it would be interesting to see the format used on other artists, such as ones with discarded AFs (eg Sugababes) if their mods are still around, or any other artists that someone could volunteer to represent, but that would obviously be without the whole 'promoting the AFs' aspect.

-

My choice to rank the songs each round meant I got to track my own votes in a spreadsheet, so I'm posting that here regardless of it being of interest to only me kink.gif I certainly didn't expect Girls Aloud to become my best voting rate, as I've always been much less familiar with their music than practically all the other artists, given I only started following the UK charts right around the time of their last disbanding, and even then, for some reason, was unimpressed when I first listened to their singles back then. Every game I play involving them further convinces me how wrong I was. (Ironically the one Girls Aloud Cheryl song that missed my vote is the only one I did know at the time.) I wish Gaga had stuck around to the end so I could've continued my top 3 ('Bad Romance' and 'Poker Face') or literal bottom ('Shallow' lol) streak :')

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jul 3 2019, 11:58 AM
Post #25
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I think the only time I voted for Britney was the final

+Quote this post
brokenrecords
post Jul 4 2019, 02:09 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,059

So happy that Britney won this! Super deserved given how strong her singles discography is (even beyond the picks of this game, I'd be interested to have seen what I Wanna Go/Make Me.../Slumber Party would have been able to do! hopefully they'll be part of the next round *.*).

Thank you to Ultra for coming up with this (and running it during exams!), and thanks to Jonjo and the other AF mods who helped out with the game, some mostly fantastic choices that made for a really exciting competition! smile.gif

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Jul 6 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
"Toxic" was the only right choice to win this to be honest. Don't get me wrong because "E.T." was also a good choice (I personally prefer the single version featuring Kanye West over the album version), but it can't be compared with Britney's song though.

Anyway, I would like to co-sign that this was a great idea, so thanks Sam and the rest of the AF Inner Circle members who helped running this.

This post has been edited by Juan Carlos: Jul 6 2019, 10:12 PM

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Jul 28 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #28
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Be interesting to see how this could go in a years time with the new forums and possibly more twists throughout such as bringing an AF back via a vote or something similar possibly

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Oct 26 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Just dawned on me now as it popped up on my Spotify - I don't think it was ever suggested for Paramore to send 'Airplanes' by B.o.B and Hayley Williams! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:30 AM