BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Racism • Leigh-Anne Speaks Out, She WILL be heard.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jun 5 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I don't know how many of you have seen this and I was just gonna bump her general "Off Topic" thread, but I feel it is better and more important for it to have it's own thread.

In this video, Leigh-Anne breaks down and tells us just a small part of her story and her run ins with race and being a part of Little Mix and the world biggest girl group. Her speech is so powerful. It opens your eyes even more than what you think you might know.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caseclosed
post Jun 5 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,311
   No Gallery Pics

I was in tears by the end. I’m glad she spoke out. I don’t know if y’all saw this video of her crying over here overwhelmed by the fans reception. Guess it was a bit about that as well.

https://twitter.com/popzonebr/status/126897...6823387147?s=21

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 5 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(caseclosed @ Jun 5 2020, 10:13 PM) *
I was in tears by the end. I’m glad she spoke out. I don’t know if y’all saw this video of her crying over here overwhelmed by the fans reception. Guess it was a bit about that as well.

https://twitter.com/popzonebr/status/126897...6823387147?s=21
Yeah! It definitely was a part of that. The girls wanted to go South America ever since they started! So going to Brazil was a huge deal mainly for Leigh and seeing the fans give her that message personally 🥺🥺😭😭

---

Ariana and Normani both reposted her video on their stories 🥰🥰

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 5 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Such a powerful speech, you felt EVERY word and each one hits harder than the last.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 5 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #5
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Oh gosh sad.gif that really tugged on my heartstrings - that 'Wings' anecdote </3 she's incredible for speaking out about this!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 5 2020, 09:48 PM
Post #6

So the press have gotten Leigh & Jade mixed up numerous times too...

I didn't even notice this before. It's vile and the fact they brushed it off as some sort of "mistake"... nah.

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Jun 5 2020, 09:59 PM
Post #7
Julian Nial
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

Wow she is such a Queen for addressing this, it's such a heart breaking reality, so good for her for being so consistantly strong and confident. I am so happy to see the massively positive reactions too. So much love for her!

+Quote Post
Chemistry
post Jun 6 2020, 10:06 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 106,588
   No Gallery Pics

She had me in tears at the end of the video. Such a powerful and inspiring message, it is a massive massive shame and injustice she actually had to do this speech and has to go through so much, but I am very proud of her for doing this.

+Quote Post
Scene
post Jun 6 2020, 02:49 PM
Post #9
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

I'm so proud of Leigh for this. heart.gif That takes real bravery to air her vulnerabilities to the world and to remain so articulate when discussing those experiences. cry.gif You can tell she's speaking from the heart. heart.gif The comment about black people being reminded of how far they've come rather than how far they can go is so poignant - and bringing up the prejudice confident and opinionated black women face was much needed!! Alexandra Burke is a perfect example in my opinion of a confident black woman's character being misunderstood and assassinated by the media.

So many strong points L-A raises. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jun 8 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Good on her, I hope she realises how much of a positive impact she will have had for so many young girls out there, this is such an important message!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 10 2020, 02:00 AM
Post #11

Leigh's appearance on 'This Morning':

She's such a pure soul! cry.gif

+Quote Post
caseclosed
post Jun 12 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,311
   No Gallery Pics

She had a great live just now with MOBO Awards. She shaded Camila lol.
https://twitter.com/yikesangeI/status/12715...501245396779015

+Quote Post
Dynasty.
post Jun 12 2020, 08:06 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 74,599
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(caseclosed @ Jun 12 2020, 07:24 PM) *

Good on her! Im so proud of her for speaking up and sharing her story.

She also confirmed her documentray which is so exciting, i know they are sharing completely different stories and i dont mean to compare the two but Jesys documentary went down so well and it seemed to really help her personally by making it.. So i hope its the same with Leigh, she obviously has a lot to share that we arent aware of and i really feel like its what the world needs right now. Her words need to be heard! Im so so proud of her wub.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 12 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #14
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

It must’ve been so hard for her to do this but her video was incredible and v emotional as well. WD Leigh-Anne <3

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jun 12 2020, 11:23 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(caseclosed @ Jun 12 2020, 07:24 PM) *

Good for her and so she should shade her, her behaviour and attitude was/is quite frankly disgusting she doesn't deserve to have her career she can go flip burgers in McDonalds for encouraging racism.

I'm super proud of Leigh-Ann for speaking out she has been so classy about it all, she is such an inspiration. heart.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 12 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #16
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jun 13 2020, 12:23 AM) *
Good for her and so she should shade her, her behaviour and attitude was/is quite frankly disgusting she doesn't deserve to have her career she can go flip burgers in McDonalds for encouraging racism.

I'm super proud of Leigh-Ann for speaking out she has been so classy about it all, she is such an inspiration. heart.gif

I agree with Leigh, she shouldn’t have been forgiven no questions asked and given that slot at the Grammy’s but I don’t get this whole cancelling people for saying things when they were 15 thing. She should’ve known better of course but her actions before and after this came out show she’s nit racist imo. She spoke out about the BLM movement before most people did and has done more than most allies.

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Jun 15 2020, 04:07 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g7g4l-D5LA

Misha B posted a video about her experience on X-Factor in 2011. I'm only halfway through but Kitty sounds like a headcase (Kitty also posted a very unconvincing video saying Misha made it all up btw). I'm keen to see where Little Mix fit into it.

+Quote Post
shindymindy
post Jun 15 2020, 04:51 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,021
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jun 15 2020, 05:07 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g7g4l-D5LA

Misha B posted a video about her experience on X-Factor in 2011. I'm only halfway through but Kitty sounds like a headcase (Kitty also posted a very unconvincing video saying Misha made it all up btw). I'm keen to see where Little Mix fit into it.

This was hard to watch. I hated the way the x factor treated Misha
I'm not sure how involved LM were

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 15 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #19

From Misha's post, to me, it sounds like Tulisa/Louis/Kitty/the producers were filling all the contestants heads with shit about Misha saying this about them and saying that about them to drive a narrative that the black woman was seen as a bully.

From the little bit she spoke about LM and her having a meeting in the room, it just sounds like 5 young (they were all what? 16-18?) girls being manipulated into believing things about one or the other that wasn't true. It really sounds horrible what they all had to go through, for the sake of entertainment.

But she spoke so briefly about that it's hard to tell exactly what happened, but that's what I got from that!

It'll be interesting hearing LM side of things.

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Jun 15 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

I'd love to hear more about what happened behind the scenes for that series. Aside from the obvious sabotaging of Misha there was the drama with Amelia being kicked out on Week 1 for headlines and then voted back in just a few weeks before the final, a member of The Risk leaving and being replaced by someone from the other boyband, Frankie was causing trouble and wasn't taking it seriously and got kicked off the show and then everyone was beaten by a girl group.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 AM