BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Tortured Poets Department: Which formats are you buying?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Vote
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
...ready for it
post 4th March 2024, 04:59 AM
Post #41
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

QUOTE(kimberley88 @ Mar 3 2024, 05:53 PM) *
Thank you 😊

You're welcome!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 11th March 2024, 10:15 AM
Post #42
Group icon

Target exclusive vinyl added.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th April 2024, 09:55 AM
Post #43
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

With each drop, I ordered each Collector's Edition CD. However as time went by I felt increasingly uncomfortable with having spent over £75 on four CDs! This past week I cancelled/received refunds for three of them.

I've kept my order of "The Manuscript" version of the Collector's Edition CD. Even though it's not my favourite out of the four artworks, I decided to keep this one because it was my cheapest order.

I had used a 10% discount code to order it, so instead of being £16.99 it was £15.29. + £2.50 shipping = £17.79, instead of £19.49. I'd bought the other three for £19.49 each... so my refund was £58.47 in total.

I have to admit that I feel better for having made the decision to only get one CD! Honestly, I didn't feel all that good about buying all four 1989 Taylor's Version CDs... I realised afterwards that one would have sufficed. I think it's the case for me that during preorders I can get carried away with feeling like I want many different items, then ultimately I realise that I didn't need them.

~~~

I didn't order any vinyl variant during the individual drops, or when they initially came back. I finally took the plunge yesterday though. I ordered The Black Dog version on vinyl because that actually is my favourite artwork!

Plus, I had a different 10% discount code to use. Normal price of £33.99 reduced to £30.59. + £4.25 shipping = £34.84, instead of £38.24.

~~~

Long story short, my orders are:

- Collector's Edition Deluxe CD + Bonus Track "The Manuscript"
- Special Edition Vinyl + Bonus Track "The Black Dog"

+Quote this post
conorw
post 11th April 2024, 09:59 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 137,667

I do have all 4 cds on orders but echoing the feelings above. I think this’ll be the last album I get them all because it was cool enough for midnighrs but I’ve grown tired of it now

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 11th April 2024, 10:32 AM
Post #45
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

If anyone wants to sell me their 'The Manuscript' Deluxe CD please message me! LMAO. I'm really struggling to get it </3

+Quote this post
kimberley88
post 11th April 2024, 01:07 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,194

I have seen people try to sell it on ebay for £39 with an make offer tab, that might be worth a go if you can't buy on the official site or from a fan.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 11th April 2024, 05:13 PM
Post #47
Group icon

I wonder why the first deluxe variant is the hardest one to get.

I dropped a lot of money to buy all the variants, but I love her so much that I don't regret it.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 13th April 2024, 09:02 PM
Post #48
Group icon

Updated with the signed items.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 15th April 2024, 04:09 AM
Post #49
Group icon

Added the Target CDs.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th April 2024, 11:00 AM
Post #50
Group icon

I wonder if the Targets CDs will become available via HMV in the UK? I see they're available via her UK store but not sure if they'll remain exclusive to it. thinking.gif

I had wondered whether the The Albatross/The Bolter/The Black Dog would end up being released as standard CDs. I might end up getting those but I will first wait and see if they end up sold by HMV. It makes me extra glad that I didn't go through with 4 x Collector's Edition Deluxe CDs, because ultimately that was for different packaging and some other random "artifacts" and personally it's not something I feel I really need four times over, even if it's all different designs!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th April 2024, 07:45 PM
Post #51
Group icon

Given that the store keeps removing items, I thought I'd paste the description of the Collector's Edition Deluxe CD here, and compare it to what the other CD version is offering.

Collector's Edition Deluxe CD
16 Tracks + Bonus Track

- Double jewel case CD album with collectible front and back cover art
- 1 Disc album with collectible disc artwork
- A collectible 20-page booklet that includes all song lyrics and never-before-seen photos

Collector’s Edition artifacts include:
- (Insert name of Bonus Track) Patch (Polyester, 101mm Diameter, 2 mm thickness)
- Double-sided brass-toned department Bookmark including TTPD engraved on one side and (Insert name of Bonus Track) engraved on the other, inside a black TTPD envelope (Bookmark: Alloy of copper and zinc, 38mm x 68.8mm, 0.6mm thickness)
- (Insert name of Bonus Track) Magnet (Aluminum film and Magnet, 88.9mm Diameter, 1.2 mm thickness)
- 4 collectible photo cards, one side featuring an image of Taylor Swift with excerpts of (Insert name of Bonus Track) lyrics and the other side with (Insert name of Bonus Track) emblem (Photo Cards: 2.5"W x 3.5"H)

(Standard) CD
16 Tracks + Bonus Track

- Collectible CD album in single jewel case with unique front and back cover art
- 1 Disc album with collectible disc artwork
- A collectible 20-page booklet that includes all song lyrics and never-before-seen photos

10”x10” Double-Sided Poster
- Side 1 includes full size photograph of Taylor Swift
- Side 2 includes one replicated handwritten lyric, unique to this CD

+Quote this post
conorw
post 16th April 2024, 07:57 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 137,667

Part of me wants to cancel the 3 deluxe ones and reorder as the ones they are now cos it’ll be cheaper and only one x postage but also part of me can’t be bothered 😭 cos I’d have to do it individually for each one (talking from past experience 😝) plus sometimes they say the order is already processed so they can’t even do the refund 😭

+Quote this post
kimberley88
post 17th April 2024, 06:09 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Apr 16 2024, 12:00 PM) *
I wonder if the Targets CDs will become available via HMV in the UK? I see they're available via her UK store but not sure if they'll remain exclusive to it. thinking.gif

I had wondered whether the The Albatross/The Bolter/The Black Dog would end up being released as standard CDs. I might end up getting those but I will first wait and see if they end up sold by HMV. It makes me extra glad that I didn't go through with 4 x Collector's Edition Deluxe CDs, because ultimately that was for different packaging and some other random "artifacts" and personally it's not something I feel I really need four times over, even if it's all different designs!

It is on the hmv website the target exclusive.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 17th April 2024, 07:25 PM
Post #54
Group icon

Oh I meant The Bolter/The Albatross/The Black Dog CD versions!

https://www.target.com/p/taylor-swift-the-t...554#lnk=sametab
https://www.target.com/p/taylor-swift-the-t...526#lnk=sametab
https://www.target.com/p/taylor-swift-the-t...552#lnk=sametab

Only on Taylor's UK store so far, but not HMV.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 20th April 2024, 02:35 PM
Post #55
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Do we think there’ll be another physical release of The Anthology version?

+Quote this post
kimberley88
post 21st April 2024, 07:06 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Apr 17 2024, 08:25 PM) *

They are in hmv now.

+Quote this post
London
post 21st April 2024, 10:13 AM
Post #57
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

My cd The Boulter CD arrived yesterday - I love it heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 21st April 2024, 12:35 PM
Post #58
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I’ve only got the collector’s edition of the manuscript and that’s it this time round - I think the midnights clock and the 1989 colour covers broke me laugh.gif I love the collector’s edition tho it’s so cool!

I only have CDs for display purposes nowadays (or bonus tracks that aren’t gonna be on streaming for ages) so I think this is the era where I’m finally gonna stop overspending haha! I missed the signed CD drop - and tbh I’m not sure if I need another signed album atp esp when they feel less exclusive!

The only other version I’d buy is if the anthology gets a CD release! I’d snap that up immediately.

(Oh and I also bought on iTunes cos that’s a great price for 31 tracks, it’s my first purchase since love story Taylor’s version!)

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 04:59 PM