BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Beautiful Trauma European Tour 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post 13th December 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Two extra dates added cheer.gif

9th August 2019 - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

11th August 2019 - Malieveld, Den Haag, Netherlands
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 27th June 2019, 04:30 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Been watching some videos from the Glasgow and Liverpool shows off a facebook friends page.

Literally looks out of this world and possibly her biggest tour yet!

I’m going to feel so mesmerised when I go on Sunday. It feels so surreal it’s a matter of days after having the tickets since October and having not seen her since 2009 I feel it’ll be so much to take in laugh.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 27th June 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Wembley is being filmed as well so you'll have the memories forever! I hear its being filmed over the two nights. Sooooo wish I was going 😜

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 28th June 2019, 12:42 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Jord

Is it!! Wow.

It’s usually an Australian show what gets the DVD isn’t it so it’s a nice change for it to be a UK one this time smile.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 28th June 2019, 07:45 AM
Post #45
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

They've been filming 'the road to Wembley' and I've heard that both shows are going to be put together for the DVD. Awesome that the filming is being done over here again, and the weather looks like its gonna be good at the weekend too heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 29th June 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Jord

I think the last one we got on dvd was the I’m Not Dead tour.

Do you know if there’s a tour programme for the show? It’s something I always like to collect but the last few shows I’ve been too haven’t had one sad.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 29th June 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Yeah there is a tour program. I got mine from Glasgow and it was £25 there, but for some reason I heard one guy selling them for £30 in Liverpool! He was an official seller, with a bag, ID etc, so no idea why it was £5 more ��

And yes the last dvd recorded in the UK was the I'm Not Dead Tour. We've also had the Try This Tour... The aussies have had Funhouse and ttal ��

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 30th June 2019, 11:40 AM
Post #48
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

She did glitter last night! Following updates from friends social media accounts and it looks like an amazing weekend 💖

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 30th June 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #49
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

It was a sensational night last night wub.gif My first time seeing P!nk live and one of my absolute favourite gigs overall. It's obvious how much work she puts into her performances, and my dad commented on it too (he took my 2nd ticket last minute as my sister had to drop out), and he's not the biggest fan around by any means. Sensational heart.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 1st July 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

So glad you enjoyed your first P!nk gig wub.gif And great that your dad enjoyed it too. My sister isn't really a fan but came with me to a show on TTAL tour and said she enjoyed it, she also came to Glasgow with me on this tour. She says she isn't really into most of her music, but thinks P!nk is an incredible performer

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 1st July 2019, 02:26 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

There are only a small handful of artists who could sell out Wembley Stadium 20 years into their career. This weekend, Pink did it two nights in a row.

To put the star and her myriad achievements into perspective, it’s over 10 years since I last saw her in concert – the Funhouse Tour in Manchester – and I can’t remember any of it.

Well, save for one thing: being absolutely blown away by her aerial acrobatic skills.

Over the ensuing decade, my respect for her never wavered… Even if I’ve struggled to connect with the music like I did Missundaztood’s singles in 2001-02.

I must also admit, I tired of the circus skills schtick. Especially after she scaled the side of building for her 2017 AMAs performance of Beautiful Trauma. What could top that?

Well, consider my hat well and truly eaten. Seeing such spectacle in person, and making a concerted effort to remember it this time, was breathtaking.

Watching the 39-year-old be catapulted around Wembley Stadium during the climactic So What – her reliably powerful voice on point throughout, even while spinning mid-air – was possibly the most impressive thing I’ve ever seen at a concert. I can’t imagine any of her peers having the bottle to do it.

Her entrance was equally dramatic: lowered to the stage hanging from a chandelier for compulsory show opener and all-round mission statement Get This Party Started.

The energy didn’t let up throughout, largely thanks to an extensive discography packed with instantly recognisable party songs. Many, of course, are arena-ready anthems, from Raise Your Glass to Blow Me (One Last Kiss).

In fact, my only criticism of the whole gig is the omission of certain tracks. For example, those of us who have been with her since her debut Can’t Take Me Home will know that album contained some strong songs. (Only one, There You Go, made it onto her 2010 greatest hits package).

It would be good to see them get an airing next time, but you do imagine an exhaustive two-hour spectacle stretching into three-hour territory. And while last night’s Cyndi Lauper Time after Time cover was totally superfluous, Pink still found time to revisit many past hits. (Which was more than can be said for February’s Brits medley…)

Indeed, the Beautiful Trauma World Tour show is packed with thrilling moments. There was a standout dance number for the searching Try, with Pink’s partner moving with equal precision and conviction and, evermore elaborate group choreography for What About Us.

Another touching moment was a spoken word interlude in which the 39-year-old discusses feminism and her relationship with her daughter. (‘Do you see me growing my hair? ‘No mama’ ‘Do you see my changing my body?’ ‘No mama’).

Best of all, it was simply a privilege to hear an artist belt out songs that hold so much meaning for me, and transport me back to different stages of my life, from the unparalleled Just Like A Pill to barnstorming 2017 album track I Am Here. An utterly brilliant night.

5/5

Link

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 1st July 2019, 04:20 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

She was fab Saturday night!

My only criticisms would be 1. the crowd around me were a bit wet and didn’t know the words to Blow Me One Last Kiss and 2. I’m not sure if it were the backing or her singers but when she was coming down from an acrobatics stint she wasn’t singing but could hear someone singing thinking.gif

The intro to What About Us was sensational as well! cry.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post 1st July 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #53
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109

QUOTE(Saenerys @ Jul 1 2019, 05:20 PM) *

My only criticisms would be 1. the crowd around me were a bit wet and didn’t know the words to Blow Me One Last Kiss and 2. I’m not sure if it were the backing or her singers but when she was coming down from an acrobatics stint she wasn’t singing but could hear someone singing thinking.gif

Totally agree with you about the crowd - barely anyone around me was standing up! I put it down to the fact that it was SO hot and that some people had been there for hours.

That said, she was AMAZING and completely agree with the review above. Loved that she ended with Glitter in the Air too. wub.gif

My only criticism was the inclusion of the song River, which no one around me seemed to know (me included!). I think if you're going to do a cover, it needs to be one that everyone can sing along to (like her Time After Time cover).

A solid 9.5/10 from me!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 1st July 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Jord

My show last night was amazing!!!!

Such an amazing atmosphere all around. Wembley arch even being pink was such a nice touch. The whole stadium was electric. The set list was incredible aside from River literally every song seemed to be known by people. Where I was sat everyone seemed to know all the tracks even album tracks like secrets and for now. It was such an amazing show. I was completely shocked at how amazing her vocal is!! It was so much stronger than the last time I seen her and that was amazing in itself.

It was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. My highlights were Secrets, Try and Just Give Me A Reason that set flowed so well. I loved the opening too and i was just living my best life. The hits were all amazing and her personality so warm. So lovely to see Willow on stage too. I’d have loved to have heard some songs from Hurts 2B Human like courage would work so well in an aerial like stunt but tbh I don’t know what I’d remove to add that. She has that many songs there’s always a few what I love what miss out but the hits were all amazing.

What About Us too wow! That opening was genius as was the Willow speech opening.

Also I was BUZZING she closed with Glitter. I hadn’t seen she was going too so it was a great surprise wub.gif

The only thing what annoyed me was the people next to me from my coach were literally back and forth to the toilet throughout the whole show. I was thinking FFS after the third time I asked if I just could have their seat mainly to make it easier for them but it was just really doing my head having to move my drinks and merch endless times. Like they spent at least half the show at the bar or in the toilet like why!!

I can confirm the DVD rumour true. I didn’t see a sign saying about Netflix release but I definitely seen numerous flyers and warnings that the show was being filmed for a feature release. I’m guessing a late November early December release?

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 1st July 2019, 10:38 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 1st July 2019, 10:36 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Jord

Also in my experience of gigs I’ve never seen such a variety of people.

Like ages, genders, straights, gays, a few drag queens, trans, kids, adults.

Like she really has a mass like appeal!

Most shows I go too are like mostly girls and gay guys round my own age but not this one just as another point to add biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 2nd July 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

QUOTE(Saenerys @ Jul 1 2019, 05:20 PM) *

It was probably the backing singers, there were parts where Pink wasn't singing for whatever reason at the gigs I went to and you could definitely tell they'd taken over to carry the song on

QUOTE(Nightcrawler @ Jul 1 2019, 11:02 PM) *
Totally agree with you about the crowd - barely anyone around me was standing up! I put it down to the fact that it was SO hot and that some people had been there for hours.

That said, she was AMAZING and completely agree with the review above. Loved that she ended with Glitter in the Air too. wub.gif

My only criticism was the inclusion of the song River, which no one around me seemed to know (me included!). I think if you're going to do a cover, it needs to be one that everyone can sing along to (like her Time After Time cover).

A solid 9.5/10 from me!

The River thing is a bit of a hardcore fan favourite. She performed it at some gigs in 2017 and a lot of fans then discovered the song and loved it, so we all took to twitter to ask her to keep it in the setlist.
I hadn't heard of the song until she started performing it a couple of years ago, but love it now. Doing good sing a long covers are of course great, but sometimes its good to discover something new when she does a less well known one

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jul 1 2019, 11:20 PM) *
My show last night was amazing!!!!

Such an amazing atmosphere all around. Wembley arch even being pink was such a nice touch. The whole stadium was electric. The set list was incredible aside from River literally every song seemed to be known by people. Where I was sat everyone seemed to know all the tracks even album tracks like secrets and for now. It was such an amazing show. I was completely shocked at how amazing her vocal is!! It was so much stronger than the last time I seen her and that was amazing in itself.

It was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. My highlights were Secrets, Try and Just Give Me A Reason that set flowed so well. I loved the opening too and i was just living my best life. The hits were all amazing and her personality so warm. So lovely to see Willow on stage too. I’d have loved to have heard some songs from Hurts 2B Human like courage would work so well in an aerial like stunt but tbh I don’t know what I’d remove to add that. She has that many songs there’s always a few what I love what miss out but the hits were all amazing.

What About Us too wow! That opening was genius as was the Willow speech opening.

Also I was BUZZING she closed with Glitter. I hadn’t seen she was going too so it was a great surprise wub.gif

The only thing what annoyed me was the people next to me from my coach were literally back and forth to the toilet throughout the whole show. I was thinking FFS after the third time I asked if I just could have their seat mainly to make it easier for them but it was just really doing my head having to move my drinks and merch endless times. Like they spent at least half the show at the bar or in the toilet like why!!

I can confirm the DVD rumour true. I didn’t see a sign saying about Netflix release but I definitely seen numerous flyers and warnings that the show was being filmed for a feature release. I’m guessing a late November early December release?

Knew it was being recorded a while ago, its amazing that its being filmed over here in the UK. There were signs up at all the gigs so far, I saw some in Glasgow and Liverpool, for the documentary - the road to London (or whatever it will end up being called!) - I can't wait to see how the documentary/DVD turns out, as before we've only had bonus DVD features but this seems more like its going to be a proper documentary of how the show is put together, and more stuff about the fans as well heart.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 2nd July 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Glad you guys enjoyed Wembley cheer.gif I love reading people's feedback and stories heart.gif
It looked amazing and I so wish I could've been there. I was so tempted to get tickets for Saturday, but with added travel/accommodation costs it would have been too expensive... had the venue been closer to me then I may have gone wub.gif

+Quote this post
Frank!
post 17th July 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761

QUOTE(troublepink @ Nov 10 2018, 07:43 AM) *
Oh no! Hope you manage to get some, but be careful about buying resold tickets, I heard horror stories about people who couldn't get in with them because they were in other people's names... don't know how all that stuff works!

If I hear of any for sale I will let you know heart.gif

I did manage to get my tickets for the 16th of june and WHAT A SHOW. Had a blast!

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 8th August 2019, 05:43 AM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

just saw her yesterday here in Denmark! Great show, really enjoyed, and it was like my first time seeing an artist as big as Pink and I also think my first time in a big big arena... I'm mostly into singer-songwriters that few know, play in small venues

but truly enjoyed it, great setlist, almost all here classics... highlights would be Who Knew, What about us, Try, Just give me a reason, and the cover of Time after Time...

really surprised at the acrobatics, I knew she did some, but thought it was just what she did in the 1st section, I wasn't imagining her flying around like she does during So What biggrin.gif

she was playing in a little town called Horsens, in like countryside Denmark, quite far from Copenhagen so the audience was probably less casual than usual cos there were lots of people in her 40-50s... and not many youngsters

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 12th August 2019, 02:25 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

European tour ended last night, and the way Pink and band members/dancers were talking on social media, the Beautiful Trauma tour is coming to an end with only a few shows left wub.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:56 AM