BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ronnie O'Sullivan 146 Debate
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 16th February 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
The talk in the snooker world is all about this:

When he decided to play the pink when on for a 147. The jackpot for a maximum was £10,000.

What Ronnie had to say about it.

I knew it was £10,000. I could have done it, but I didn't think the prize was worthy of a 147. So I've tried to let it build up until it's worthy and then go for it," he said.

"It's like going into a Mercedes garage and when they say that you can have the car for £3,000, you reply, 'No way, that's too cheap. I'm not buying it for that'.

"Certain things have value, and a 147 is a special moment. I want it to feel special all round.

"But the punters still got value for money today. Now they've got something more to look forward to. There's still room for improvement.

"You like to entertain your fans. It's like a film. You want them to come back and watch the next one.

"There is no point in giving them the best ending they've ever had. Leave room for a better ending next time."

What do you think about it?

I'm disappointed to be honest as people have paid good money to see him and then he does that. You wouldn't see Phil Taylor or Michael Van Gerwen go for single 1 when on for double 12 on a nine-dart finish. Would you?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 16th February 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
At least one person had put money on an O'Sullivan 147 in this tournament. He must feel really cheated by this.

O'Sullivan has always had a reputation for being arrogant. This just confirms it. While 147s are more common than they used to be, they are still rare. Therefore, anyone in the audience has good reason to feel that they have been denied the opportunity to witness one by a demonstration of that arrogance.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 16th February 2016, 11:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Look at what happened in the 2010 World Open where he was prompted by Jan Verhaas to pot the black for a 147 in a match against Mark King.

He has said in the interview that it was all a bit of fun not really for the crowd.
Betting firm Paddy Power have offered him £61,000 to make one in the tournament.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 17th February 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Again no signs of his form dipping as he beat Jimmy Robertson 4-0 in the third round of the Welsh Open.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st February 2016, 08:28 AM
Post #5
Group icon
At least Ding Junhui didn't go for the pink as he got the 147 on Friday and then Ronnie accuses him of letting the players down. Seriously, what?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 02:42 PM