BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> All Stars 5 | Episode 4 Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post 27th June 2020, 02:35 AM
Post #1
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Starting this so I can get my thoughts and feelings down about this mess of an episode
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 27th June 2020, 02:38 AM
Post #2
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

So, Cracker did deserve her win, I thought i’d never say that because I actively dislike her but there we go! The runway was kinda serve after serve for me aside from India’s which is one of the ugliest looks I think i’ve ever seen on the show? Mayhem and India were actually pretty funny for me, I think Blair and Shea were possibly the weakest in the challenge for me although Blair’s was deffo my fave runway.

Interesting how in the last 3 episodes the queens have called out the judging being bs, and then in this week’s Untucked Blair even said she was annoyed that Ru assigned her a role- almost as if the show doesn’t need as much background production???!!!!

That lipsync was amazing however there was a rumour that during filming they stopped the lipsync half way through because Morgan was doing better and they wanted Cracker to win. To me Morgan KILLED Cracker and it wasn’t deserving of the double win at all oops.

Ready for another week of buffoonery next week

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 27th June 2020, 08:38 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Odd having Morgan as a Lipsync 'Assassin' given she's only ever won 1 lip-sync previously and had 2 very bad runs on the show (Episode 1 Series 2 aside).

+Quote this post
p a v
post 27th June 2020, 09:43 AM
Post #4
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

For once I thought the judging and the entire ranking/result was SPOT ON. Cracker and Morgan were both incredible in that lipsync. India's makeup - STUNNING. She had my favourite look this episode.

Jujubee and Cracker's chemistry in that challenge though!!

Apparently Mayhem voted for herself as well but I could swear I saw her put India's lipstick in the box :')

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 27th June 2020, 10:01 AM
Post #5
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Blair’s runway look was stunning, she’s the biggest surprise for me this season, wasn’t fussed on her at all before but she’s up there as one of my favourites this time around.
India needs to go, but I do think Mayhem was weaker overall this week.

Cracker in that lipsync though 😂 loooved that.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 27th June 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #6
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I loved everyone in this challenge (unlike the trainwreck that was the previous one). I don't think Mayhem and India did bad, especially India. I'd have Blair and Shea in the bottom to be honest!

It seems to me that RuPaul has been actively trying to get some queens eliminated, including Mayhem and India. I'm sure India is the one to go next, regardless of how she does in the Snatch Game.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th June 2020, 01:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I think India definitely didn't really deserve bottom 2 as I think she was pretty good. She's out of her depth and you can tell that but I think this week, she worked really hard and pushed through and pulled off a good performance with a funny character. I loved her runway too, her, Blair, Cracker and Alexis were all serves. That make-up and hair!!!!

It was one of those challenges where nobody was particularly bad so it would have been hard to say who was bottom 2, but I think I'd have said Alexis and Shea actually? Possibly Blair.. Mayhem and India I think worked really well together, the licking was silly for example but worked in its way. Alexis and Shea I felt were working against each other instead of with each other, trying to fight to stand out more and that could have worked given the characters and scenario but it didn't quite. Neither were bad as such I just think given there had to be a bottom 2, I'd have said them or possibly Blair over Alexis. That probably would have posed a real risk of Shea going home, so it feels like in the event of it being hard to call a bottom 2, they just went for the two weakest up to this point. I get it was Mayhem's time to go and it would have been a fine time for India to go, but what's the point of challenges and wins if it's not gonna come down to what you do that week?

Much as I am not a fan, Morgan ATE that lipsync! I guess the outcome didn't matter either way but there's no chance that was a tie laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th June 2020, 01:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Btw if anyone wants to know, Snatch Game characters are:

Shea - Flava Flav
Jujubee - Eartha Kitt
Alexis Mateo - Walter Mercado
Miz Cracker - Lady Gaga
Blair - Ellen DeGeneres
India - Jeffree Star

+Quote this post
p a v
post 27th June 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #9
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

oh shit at those 2 last ones! *.*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th June 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I think the penultimate could be a win if she does it right

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 27th June 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I thought that lipsync was really nothing...and I know for a fact that Miz Cracker has very limited moves because I've seen her live so many times!!! Like she can flip and jump but I just feel she is always out of sync.

This week episode was a mess so looking forward to next weeks episode of Snatch Game.

Blair St. Clair look was ahhh delicious.

Shea confidence is really shaking because clearly she's not doing as well as we all want to.

Alexis needs to hit the bottom soon and go home, I just can't warm to her this time. She's stirring the pot way too much lol.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 27th June 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

When Morgan started jumping over Cracker's leg with her I died laugh.gif She killed Cracker and should've won the lip sync herself. I did think Cracker did a good job though.

The challenge wasn't as bad as last week, but I still found it quite bad/messy. I didn't really find anyone that funny. Cracker & Jujubee were the clear tops of the week. I thought Shea and/or Alexis should've been bottom over India. I loved India's runway and thought she did well in the challenge. I really don't like the judging this season so far, it feels really off. In saying that, Mayhem was the right person to go. I'm sad she chose her own lip stick to send herself home though. She's the second queen this season to give up.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 27th June 2020, 10:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(ChromAddy!ca @ Jun 27 2020, 05:32 PM) *
Alexis needs to hit the bottom soon and go home, I just can't warm to her this time. She's stirring the pot way too much lol.

She's really the worst part about the whole thing for me. Truly awful.

Cracker slaying wub.gif So happy she won the challenge, although I feel like that's just gonna end up being more fuel for Alexis.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 27th June 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

Cracker’s the worst part of the season for me now and Alexis is one of my favourites for sure

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 27th June 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I hated this episode as well — the challenge was somehow worse than last week. Overlong, boring, no one was that great. This season is reminding me of Season 7 — talented queens but the challenges are awful.

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 28th June 2020, 02:28 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

I can't believe India was in the bottom two and Blair wasn't. I really thought India did a good job, I barely even remember Blairs.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 28th June 2020, 04:36 AM
Post #17
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I didn't enjoy Blair's runway look or performance, but at the same time she was probably assigned the worst character. I don't like it when Ru assigns characters out of the blue - at least by making the queens do it themselves there's the illusion of choice. Blair's runway look I don't think fit the bill for camo, except extremely loosely. Especially when Cracker is winning with a look that is exactly camo classic fabric on the nose - surely that shows that that was what they wanted.

I actually was v impressed with India's look. I got the impression that she was doing camo OF HERSELF as well - would've loved her to clarify in that regard. (that is to say, her look was DELIBERATELY out of her normal wheelhouse). She's still a bizarre pick for All Stars but wow is she fighting and I can't knock her.

This challenge was pretty good generally. Juju was strong. I thought the best act was Alexis and Shea's and I'm still at a bit of a loss as to how Alexis was High but Shea wasn't when they delivered basically the same performance.

As for Mayhem, it was only a matter of time, and she gave up. Fair's fair. She was happy to leave.

Also to note, whatever the side story is with Blair and Cracker, can they drop it or slide past it now? The insincerity from both sides was uncomfortable - clearly both girls have an unusual definition of being friends!

Finally, that portion with them all in boy drag was actively uncomfortable to watch. Please never do that again. Also, if that's a reference to an actual US tv show, holy shit that must be annoying to watch - news headlines with a jeering background audience every five words. No thanks!

+Quote this post
Gramii 2.0
post 29th June 2020, 02:00 AM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,531

I said to my friend that India's runway look was giving me Adele realness for some reason and he didn't see it. Anybody else agree?

I've not been that impressed this series to be honest. I think it is all a bit average. Nobody stood out and made me laugh in the main challenge.

I continue to love JuJu as a person. Her reactions when Cracker confronted Blair were hilarious. I want her to win, even if I do think she is not bringing her best.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 1st July 2020, 12:17 PM
Post #19
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

This is the first season that I’m not particularly enjoying loads. It’s a bit boring and not very exciting, I liked the concept of the last two challenges but the cast just isn’t delivering. Anyways let’s just crown Shea and get excited for Drag Race Canada.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 1st July 2020, 12:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

The main challenge was a bit boring for me.

Was gutted to see Mayhem go but she was the weakest. Glad to see Blair still there but fully expect Snatch Game to be her undoing

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 12:18 PM