BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacific Rim
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Severin
post Jul 14 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #1
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Anyone else seen this yet?
Saw it today

As you must already know it's a film with giant monsters vs giant robots... and basicaly that's it. Looks fabulous and is good fun but no plot, no decent characterisation, no depth. No point really, except to feast your eyes and entertain the moron within. It's a bit like watching the last film in a trilogy - everything thing is set up already and we just get the big final battles scenes. If you are going to see it make it at the cinema but be aware it's very shallow
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Sep 29 2018, 01:39 PM
Post #2
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

This is on Netflix (since I have no idea when) and I have no idea what to think of it....

The first 30 minutes are really really great: it’s entertaining, it’s full of action, it’s visually fantastic but after that it just gets so weird and lost in itself. It genuinely does feel like it’s picking up in the middle of an already established franchise tongue.gif I was expecting it to be a little more like say Godzilla but with giant Transformers fighting back against the sea monsters - that’s how the movie begins and feels like it could be a Godzilla MonsterVerse movie but then all action is basically ripped from the movie for like 45 minutes and it feels like an adult Karate Kid or something? Charlie Day is the highlight of this movie but he does NOT belong here at all laugh.gif

Every scene with the Kaiju seems to be bordering the line between paying tribute to classic monster movies and directly ripping off from them. The Jaeger (I think) are a nice touch but nothing that hasn’t been done before.

+Quote Post
David William
post Nov 1 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #3
New Entry
Member No.: 78,378
   No Gallery Pics

I have seen, Its a wonderful movie of monster robot. but i have rated it 5 out of 10 :-)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:27 AM