BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will The Saturdays ever manage chart success again?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post 20th November 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #21
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

I always have wondered, just how much do the girls make? I imagine in terms of money/ side projects it would go

1. Rochelle
2. Mollie
3. Frankie
4. Una
5. Vanessa
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 21st November 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

QUOTE(Cameron @ Nov 20 2014, 11:24 PM) *
I always have wondered, just how much do the girls make? I imagine in terms of money/ side projects it would go

1. Rochelle
2. Mollie
3. Frankie
4. Una
5. Vanessa

I think Una would be higher up the list. She's had Una's Dream Ticket (currently on its second season), her Reebok endorsement, Voice of Ireland, and Splash!

I think they have the potential to manage more chart success and I think they will, I really do. I think these girls have proven anything can happen. They basically defy all logic. Nobody expected them to get a #1 single that late into their careers, especially after two underperforming singles, so who knows. Their success has always been sort of all over the place anyway. I think if Nicole Scherzinger could get to #2 on sales and #6 overall with zero support from Radio 1 then I don't see why they can't. And who knows, maybe Radio 1 would get back on board with the right material. Maybe they just didn't play NGU and WAYWF because they didn't fit Radio 1's sound. I do think it'd be odd to continue having them on so much if they wanted nothing to do with their music?

This post has been edited by LoveKiller: 21st November 2014, 01:38 AM

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 21st November 2014, 08:07 AM
Post #23
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

QUOTE(LoveKiller @ Nov 21 2014, 01:37 AM) *
I think Una would be higher up the list. She's had Una's Dream Ticket (currently on its second season), her Reebok endorsement, Voice of Ireland, and Splash!

I think they have the potential to manage more chart success and I think they will, I really do. I think these girls have proven anything can happen. They basically defy all logic. Nobody expected them to get a #1 single that late into their careers, especially after two underperforming singles, so who knows. Their success has always been sort of all over the place anyway. I think if Nicole Scherzinger could get to #2 on sales and #6 overall with zero support from Radio 1 then I don't see why they can't. And who knows, maybe Radio 1 would get back on board with the right material. Maybe they just didn't play NGU and WAYWF because they didn't fit Radio 1's sound. I do think it'd be odd to continue having them on so much if they wanted nothing to do with their music?

It's just simply because The Saturdays have fallen out of favor with Radio One. My theory is that they were replaced by Neon Jungle unsure.gif as it was around that time when they began supporting them and stopped supporting the Saturdays sad.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 21st November 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(Nelly. S @ Nov 21 2014, 08:07 AM) *
It's just simply because The Saturdays have fallen out of favor with Radio One. My theory is that they were replaced by Neon Jungle unsure.gif as it was around that time when they began supporting them and stopped supporting the Saturdays sad.gif

To be honest, I think it's more a case of Little Mix overshadowed them with DNA after On Your Radar flopped, the one album which should have made them massive and set them up better to launch themselves in America. Trouble was released shortly before Disco Love too and that was supported/went top five even with NJ on scene. The only thing with Neon Jungle now, along with other girlbands such as Fifth Harmony and G.R.L., Little Mix etc, radio will be more reluctant to support The Sats because there are much better girl groups, which is a shame as this time three/four years ago, they were the girlgroup. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Sociopath
post 21st November 2014, 07:27 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,700

I want to say yes but the answer is most likely no

I hope they have a couple of top 20's left but I think they've past their peak now...then again being a Saturdays fan is like riding a roller-coaster and I'm not completely sure what's next but whatever they do, I'll be happy I think they're all in a good place and it's nice to see Frankie looking happy smile.gif i like their personalities as much as their music and am fully invested in whatever is next whether it's splitting or making 10 more albums. They make me so happy heart.gif

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 21st November 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #26
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

QUOTE(Sean. @ Nov 21 2014, 08:40 AM) *
To be honest, I think it's more a case of Little Mix overshadowed them with DNA after On Your Radar flopped, the one album which should have made them massive and set them up better to launch themselves in America. Trouble was released shortly before Disco Love too and that was supported/went top five even with NJ on scene. The only thing with Neon Jungle now, along with other girlbands such as Fifth Harmony and G.R.L., Little Mix etc, radio will be more reluctant to support The Sats because there are much better girl groups, which is a shame as this time three/four years ago, they were the girlgroup. sad.gif

What About Us followed after OYR though which gave them their biggest hit. I meant Braveheart which put Neon Jungle on the map as the girl band to watch. I wouldn't say they were better their just younger and more current.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 21st November 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

Neon Jungle aren't really a threat now. I don't think Radio 1 or Capital really played 'Louder' or 'Can't Stop The Love' and their album bombed just as badly as The Sats ones do.

Little Mix are obviously the main threat (purely because The Sats are more likely to survive and get airplay/promo as 'the only girlband' than 'one of the least popular girlbands') and we have no idea how well G.R.L and Fifth Harmony are going to do.

+Quote this post
Totto
post 22nd November 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
User: 20,441

Wouldn't it be a shocker if the kept it low key in 2015 with indie-ish single and suddenly score another #1 for their sudden creativity ?

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 22nd November 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(Nelly. S @ Nov 21 2014, 07:31 PM) *
What About Us followed after OYR though which gave them their biggest hit. I meant Braveheart which put Neon Jungle on the map as the girl band to watch. I wouldn't say they were better their just younger and more current.

I'm not saying Neon Jungle are better, I'm just saying their emergence coincides with the decline of The Sats laugh.gif

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Nov 21 2014, 07:47 PM) *
Neon Jungle aren't really a threat now. I don't think Radio 1 or Capital really played 'Louder' or 'Can't Stop The Love' and their album bombed just as badly as The Sats ones do.

Little Mix are obviously the main threat (purely because The Sats are more likely to survive and get airplay/promo as 'the only girlband' than 'one of the least popular girlbands') and we have no idea how well G.R.L and Fifth Harmony are going to do.

Louder had quite a few spins on R1, not sure about Capital. As for 5H/G.R.L., if either break it big next year then the girls stand no chance of airplay due to being overshadowed again sad.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post 22nd November 2014, 06:45 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I think there Is more than enough room on the market for more that one girlband. I think it's more a case of the quality of music coming from the girls atm. They ain't gonna get anywhere until they put some effort time and money into their music like they did with What About Us.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:35 PM