BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race // Season 13 // Episode 5, Bag Ball
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 27th January 2021, 06:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Omg Tamisha bringing the drama we stan!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 27th January 2021, 07:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Ooo yes Tamisha *_* I liked how calm she was about it, but you could see it in her eyes she would slay Kandy in a heartbeat. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th January 2021, 08:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Tamisha can and will cut a bitch DOWN but she knows she doesn't *have* to and that's true bad bitch energy *.* I keep saying about Tamisha but honestly it's so refreshing to have that calm, motherly energy in the mix when there's petty drama going on and bitchiness flying.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 28th January 2021, 11:35 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 27 2021, 08:43 PM) *
Tamisha can and will cut a bitch DOWN but she knows she doesn't *have* to and that's true bad bitch energy *.* I keep saying about Tamisha but honestly it's so refreshing to have that calm, motherly energy in the mix when there's petty drama going on and bitchiness flying.

I agree, she's been great so far. Love how Kandy clearly was thinking twice about talking back at her.

+Quote this post
Ramz
post 28th January 2021, 06:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 12,044

Elliott calling Kandy a peasant...I live cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 30th January 2021, 02:32 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

OMG that lip sync

I was gagged...so good and the song choice was amazing!!!

I’ll write up about the challenge details later but we got the right winner.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 30th January 2021, 10:36 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Denali was ROBBED this week. Safe?? I don't think!!

I did like Gottmik but I personally was more gagged by Utica and Denali.

La La Ri's final bag look is one of the worst ive ever seen on any season of Drag Race! Wtf. She turned it out in the lip sync though, and I did prefer her to Joey Jay overall who gave me nothing. I really didn't get the whole "I'm gay as hell" ....ummm you all are?!

Untucked was a hoot too. I love Tamisha and Kandy was rightfully called out, you can't silence Elliott who is a sweet little angel to then playing the victim card that easily. Someone had to put her in her place.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 30th January 2021, 11:14 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

I would have put Utica as the winner - kooky queens always excite me and I hope she at least makes the final

Still in love with Rose although wasn’t inspired by any of her looks

I can see why people would like Gottmik but for me she should have had one long and flowing look.

There are a few queens that are just passing by at the moment - Tina is so uninspiring and the red/yellow combo is already boring. Tamisha has a great personality but is severely lacking in aesthetics.

Denali is a good queen but I can’t see her getting to the final few.

Lala ri has to go - she won the lip sync but she is like the Vinegar Strokes of this season - I am struggling to think of a worse look than her final look

Kandy Muse had some good looks this week and at least her personality was a little less vile - great shut down by Tamisha though!

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 30th January 2021, 11:15 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

QUOTE(Herbs @ Jan 30 2021, 11:14 AM) *
I would have put Utica as the winner - kooky queens always excite me and I hope she at least makes the final

Still in love with Rose although wasn’t inspired by any of her looks

I can see why people would like Gottmik but for me she should have had one long and flowing look.

There are a few queens that are just passing by at the moment - Tina is so uninspiring and the red/yellow combo is already boring. Tamisha has a great personality but is severely lacking in aesthetics. Elliott is just meh. Even Olivia seems to be fading

Denali is a good queen but I can’t see her getting to the final few.

Lala ri has to go - she won the lip sync but she is like the Vinegar Strokes of this season - I am struggling to think of a worse look than her final look

Kandy Muse had some good looks this week and at least her personality was a little less vile - great shut down by Tamisha though!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 30th January 2021, 11:19 AM
Post #10
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

This was hands down the best episode of the season so far.

Kandy's first look (gorgeous) definitely kept her out of the bottom because that last one was woeful and her makeup was just as bad as Tamisha's.

Joey Jay really ran flat this week. The one that surprised me the most is Elliott who seemed from her Meet the Queens to be a sure first or second out, but actually did pretty well on the design elements here!

Rose gave me Cracker's High in the last ball on earth this episode. Pretty clearly a third-placer.

Symone did a lot better than the edit suggested she would although her ultimate look was a little simple it was really well done!

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 30th January 2021, 11:21 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

Lala's outfit certainly was one of the worst I've seen on Drag Race in a long long time. Even though she was indeed stronger in the lip sync, it does feel like she has been the worst in a challenge for two weeks in a row and I think it's her time to go next.

Gottmik was a deserved winner for me, but Utica would have been as well. Both were incredible.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 30th January 2021, 11:26 AM
Post #12
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Utica! ❤️ Obsessed.
Her and Gottmik were definitely the correct top two this week, I love them both so much.

Like everyone else is saying, LaLa’s 3rd look was one of the worst ever runway looks, but she really brought it with the lip sync. So glad she did because she’s so likeable and I want her to do well 😭

YES at Tamisha calling Kandy out for being vile. I just know her and Tina will hang around far too long.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 30th January 2021, 11:28 AM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

I'm so done with the judging on this show lol.

Obviously I'd have preferred Joey to stay and am lowkey mad LaLa stayed having walked out on the runway wearing that THING, but she's just... not great at all in general? She was awful in the challenge last week and then awful on the runway tonight. At least Joey was actually semi-successful in creating a look for the final runway even if it wasn't 'wow', and switched it up for all three looks too. But yeah let's just keep LaLa around for the banter cheer.gif

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 30th January 2021, 11:36 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Utica!

I am obsessed with that final look — she should have won for that.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 30th January 2021, 11:59 AM
Post #15
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Ew I don’t understand any positive feelings towards Elliott- just seems like such a toxic person- all her comments about Symone in interviews have felt PAINFULLY problematic and calling Kandy a peasant seemed off as well.

Yeah I think i’d have had Utica as the winner as well but I did ADORE Gottmik’s looks too so can’t be mad.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th January 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I agree with the judging mostly, but I'd have given the win to Utica also for that final look, I'd have loved a double win when you look at the inidividual moments of Gottmik's money look and Utica's sleeping bag look. Gottmik's moneybags look was "gorge" as she would say, totally incredible, but to think Utica made that out of sleeping bags and it came out like THAT, if I had to choose I'd have given her the win. Rosé was a decent pick for the top but her second look let her down, it wasn't bad just a bit meh, so I'd have said Olivia or Denali in her place. Rosé's last look was lushhh though, the attention to detail with the way the bags on the skirt moved, loved it! But Gottmik and Utica were the clear top 2, with Tamisha, Joey and Lala the clear bottom 3, so I was happy with it all! I was sad Tamisha didn't smash it this week as she's such a good seamstress, but she does have that classic style of drag that I think can sometimes struggle to translate on the show, her looks weren't BAD, but I think when you think of her aesthetic, she does struggle to break out of her lane and the looks often have a very similar feel even when there's versatility to them. I LOVE her personality though so I'm glad she's here for another week!

I struggle to think of a worse look I've seen on this show, period, let alone just a design challenge, than Lala's final look! The way it fell apart bit by bit during the lipsync rotf.gif But like Denali last week, she killed the lipsync from the first beat, that's what it means to fight for your place in the competition. Joey hasn't really shown a lot and didn't hae that same fire of passion to stay that Lala did, I don't see what she would bring to the rest of the competition. And yes Lala's outfit was HIDEOUS, Joey's was better (not great though, very "let's hot glue whatver I had onto this in a vague shape), but what does that matter when Lala murders a lipsync like that? Of course you can't only get by on being able to lipsync, but the elimination does come down to the lipsync. What's the point in a lipsync if people are going to go "but her outfit was awful how did she stay" laugh.gif Either way I can't see Lala lasting much longer, maybe a week or two tops. Next week should be more her bag if it's a dancing challenge but I suppose it depends what else it entails, if she's in her head about it etc.

Have to agree with George on Elliott too, there's just something I don't trust, I get bad vibes. Her drag is boring me too at this point, it's like she doesn't have a sense of who she is or a particular aesthetic, yet I still am bored by her looks and they're predictable, you know what to expect from her? I can't explain how those two things that clash are true but they are in my mind laugh.gif

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 30th January 2021, 02:30 PM
Post #17
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

QUOTE(Calum @ Jan 30 2021, 11:28 AM) *
I'm so done with the judging on this show lol.

Obviously I'd have preferred Joey to stay and am lowkey mad LaLa stayed having walked out on the runway wearing that THING, but she's just... not great at all in general? She was awful in the challenge last week and then awful on the runway tonight. At least Joey was actually semi-successful in creating a look for the final runway even if it wasn't 'wow', and switched it up for all three looks too. But yeah let's just keep LaLa around for the banter cheer.gif

Well Lala clearly won the lipsync. There’s no point in having a bottom two if you’re gonna choose who stays based solely off of the challenge. The lipsync exists to give the worst girls an opportunity to prove why they should stay; in this case, Joey was worse.

This post has been edited by *Callum: 30th January 2021, 02:44 PM

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 30th January 2021, 02:40 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

Results went exactly how I thought they would so yay for correct judging! This episode was heavily LaLaRi so when I heard she couldn't sew I just knew she would be bottom two and then turn it out in the lip-sync. I would have preferred Utica to win over Gottmik but I can see why she did and that's more down to personal preference. I much prefer the over-the-top looks to the looks that are all skin and not much material to it. Utica's sleeping bag look was the best of the whole episode and it was great to see her getting the praise she deserved, even so to be singled out as a 2nd place rather than just 'high'. Rose was a good third place and I loved the silver bag look. I also thought Denali did well and Tina and Kandy did better than I thought they would, the latter two looked the best they have done so far for me!

Right person to go for me. I don't think Joey Jay had much more to offer and she was clearly the less able lip-syncer even if LaLa's 'homemade' look was worse! I think she is skating on thin ice though and Ru said it to her after she won the lipsync! She's a great talking head though so I'm happy to have her around for longer.

+Quote this post
Ramz
post 30th January 2021, 03:24 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 12,044

Think I’d have given Utica the win personally, I preferred all 3 of her looks to Gottmik’s and found her Bag Ball look to be much more impressive but they were undeniably the top 2. It was kind of obvious it was Gottmik’s to win when Ru threw in that criticism for Utica at the last minute.

I’d have probably put Denali top over Rosé personally. I did enjoy Rosé’s Mixed Bag and Bag Ball looks but there’s just something about her aesthetic I’m not keen on unlike Denali who I feel put in 3 strong, varied looks. Also thought it was brave of Olivia to go with an inferior boxing look not long after Symone slayed hers...

Don’t agree with Tamisha being in the bottom 3, I enjoyed her looks more than Kandy Muse or Symone’s though I was expecting more tbh. As much as I love her I feel she’s only performing at like 60%, just want her to come out and absolutely smash it one week.

Not a massive loss in Joey Jay this week, that they kept cutting to Kandy when Joey was getting eliminated was just annoying. Kandy’ some sides crush was not a storyline and just felt an excuse to force her on screen even more. I did really enjoy Joey’s (poison) IV look, she looked so pretty in it but it’s a shame she kinda failed at selling it to the judges and missed such an obvious connection.

LaLa obviously killed the lipsync and it’s no real loss that the look got trashed in the process. The outfit pop was pretty unforgivable though, just no effort put in which is a bit of a shame when Joey at least tried but I guess that’s the game.

Looking forward to Tamisha vs Kandy next week, Kandy’s ego is far to inflated for what she’s shown us so far.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th January 2021, 03:47 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Untucked was LIT today, the drama mama *.* Kandy is kind of unbearable, she did not have a leg to stand on when she just came for Elliott saying she should have been in the bottom, Tamisha does the same thing back she can't take it? I think it's insecurity mostly since she seemed to be aware that she popped off too much which is something, I don't think she is a bad person just very insecure with a lot of bravado to hide behind, but it's tiring to watch to be honest that she constantly thinks she is the absolute shit and NOBODY can say anything to the contrary. When you're a more mature, motherly presence like Tamisha I'm sure that would really clash with you, and I can see why she was tired of being around it. There's nothing wrong with being loud, or confident, but there's confident and there's arrogance and Kandy just isn't coming across as likeable to me, especially when she hasn't really shown anything to back it up since her lipsync episode 1.

The death threats she is getting though from the fans is TOO much, I feel like the fans are either that or they're fake woke "you can't criticise any o the queens, opinions are HURTUL sad.gif" and it's tiring laugh.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:16 PM