BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race UK // Series 2 // Episode 5
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 11th February 2021, 02:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
airing 11 Feb UK
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 11th February 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214
Excited to see how the long break has impacted the performance of all of them. Maybe Sister Sister will become a force!

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 11th February 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
QUOTE(Herbs @ Feb 11 2021, 05:32 PM) *
Maybe Sister Sister will become a force!

I somehow doubt it, but would be nice if she does find a personality.

Looking forward to tonight all the same, did it reveal the task?

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 11th February 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Think it’s a Eurovision challenge - perfect with Graham Norton on

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 11th February 2021, 06:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Yeah and MNEK is on there this eve too

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th February 2021, 06:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
It's the same as the girl group challenge last time but themed around Eurovision! They're doing two versions of the same song with their own verses.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 11th February 2021, 08:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
The United King Dolls cheeseblock.png that was AMAZING, enjoyed every second of their performance! Their looks were amazing, their verses were all great and they just gelled so well together.

The other group, however, were awful. Agree with Graham's comments about Ellie's runway too, there's creative drag then there's... that.

I just knew the moment Joe Black came back too that he'd be eliminated and he didn't wow me in the challenge or on the runway, which is a shame for Asttina and Cherry, because I feel either of them could have stayed and booted one of the deadweights out. Tia coming back 7 months later too and thinking that look she came out wearing was elevated, gurl.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 11th February 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I will write more later but I am fuuuuuming that Lawrence won another challenge - he was weaker than Sister and Tia in the Eurovision performance and in my opinion Tia is the only one who had a weaker runway look

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 11th February 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
QUOTE(Herbs @ Feb 11 2021, 08:19 PM) *
I will write more later but I am fuuuuuming that Lawrence won another challenge - he was weaker than Sister and Tia in the Eurovision performance and in my opinion Tia is the only one who had a weaker runway look

would be a bit weird if they’d have said this team is the winner!!! But not you the team leader Lawrence heart.gif

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 11th February 2021, 08:22 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(George.keh @ Feb 11 2021, 08:19 PM) *
would be a bit weird if they’d have said this team is the winner!!! But not you the team leader Lawrence heart.gif

Bimini was robbed!

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 11th February 2021, 08:31 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
This show is turning into a JOKE.

How the heck did Lawrence win. Again. With that performance and that outfit.. Bimini was the clear stand-out and winner in the challenge, she served pop queen realness and Tayce and A'Whora were also fantastic. But wow. It should have been Bimini only. Ru does everything in his power to let Lawrence win everything.

Also very disappointed to see Tia in the lip sync, she served the whole performance, yet Ellie being save again with that costume outfit. I don't know what they were on, but it was easily the worst on the stage. And poor Joe Black. It's safe to show Ru doesn't understand a thing about British drag sad.gif Who cares about an H&M dress, making a fuss out of nothing. The performance was fun, she stood out and the runway was freaking brilliant.

This post has been edited by Chemistry: 11th February 2021, 08:33 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 11th February 2021, 08:42 PM
Post #12
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

joe black hi how are ya

+Quote this post
p a v
post 11th February 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
United King Dolls were absolutely incredible. They looked like a proper girl group. I loved the chorus choreo where they bent over touching each other's butts, it was genius and helped tremendously. Such great chemistry and cohesion.

Bimini was a clear standout but I'm not mad they all won at all honestly.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 11th February 2021, 08:56 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
Great challenge and runway again this week. I do feel like Tayce and Bimini were the best by quite a bit though
I'm just a bit confused at just how harsh some of the critiques were. I don't rememberers the judges every putting much focus at all on performance outfits, it seemed like for the loosing group they cared more about some outfits ( that the girls probably thought were just gonna be for a mini challenge or something) than they did about the writing, lip-syncing and dancing?

It also feels like they keep on building up to a Tia redemption storyline and then it just doesn't happen lol. I'm still thinking she's going to outlast Ellie and Sister though

This post has been edited by LMLou: 11th February 2021, 09:04 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 11th February 2021, 08:56 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I truly see no redeeming qualities in Sister and I just can't fathom why she's still there, it's really quite something to be so inherently unlikeable yet SO forgettable at the same time laugh.gif I'm really annoyed we've lost a lot of really good queens to HER.

Aside from that, Joe coming back was pointless. I never felt that they had THAT much more to give and tonight proved it. It would've been nice to have seen Assttina back who would've SHONE in this challenge!

UK Dolls were fantastic and gave such good energy, Bimini should have had a solo win for that she really killed it and is fast becoming my absolute favourite wub.gif an absolute STAR.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 11th February 2021, 09:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
What an iconic episode.

I don’t even know where to start.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th February 2021, 09:19 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Tia being in the lipsync was a JOKE, I thought she was better than Lawrence in the performance, and certainly the best out of her group! I'm kind of baffled as to how Ellie wasn't in the bottom, I liked her seagull look as I thought it was a really different way of looking at the runway and her make-up for it was amazing, but her energy in the performance was just non-existent. Tbf the whole of Bananadrama was kinda shit as a whole product though, the choreo was awful and as the judges said, it was like 4 of them had individually heard the song and were given the choreo and happened to be on stage at the time same. Tia and Sister on their parts did fine but when the challenge is the group, you were just drawn to how "go girl give us nothing" the choreo was and that reflected on the group as a whole. I'm not mad at Joe going though, she is very talented but I feel like she just isn't necessarily fit for the paradigm in which Drag Race places the queens.

I'd have given the win to Bimini if it was solo, but that group all did pretty well. Lawrence was definitely weaker, including on the runway, but that little injection of camp was fun and it's not like she ruined the whole performance. It was pretty close between Bimini, A'whora and Tayce for me and they couldn't go "you all win but Lawrence didn't". In a challenge like this, the fact that the group worked so well together, brought out each individual strength the queens have, put effort into a choreo and a rounded performance, matters a lot especially when you look at how disconnected the other group was, I think a group win makes sense so I'm not mad at it really.

The critiques were a bit weird, I know that Tia's outfit was awful but it feels like Ru is holding them to what she thinks drag SHOULD be, from a baseline of American queens, at times, rather than being appreciative of what British drag is.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 11th February 2021, 09:23 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
The united kingdolls definitely deserved the win. I loved all 4s verses and all 4 on the runway. I would have had Bimini win though I think she shone the most.

Out of the other group surprisingly I did think Sister Sister did the best. I also love Joe's runway and her verse so personally I'd have had Tia and Ellie in the bottom 2 with Ellie going but was obvious Joe was gonna go again

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 11th February 2021, 09:23 PM
Post #19
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
BIMINI! Incredible.
I could watch that performance on repeat.

Her, A’Whora and Tayce all absolutely killed it.

Tia’s runway was awful but I agree she shouldn’t have been in the bottom two.
Glad she managed to win with the lip sync but she really needs to up her runway looks.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th February 2021, 09:36 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Not to do with this episode, but Snatch Game characters are these apparently if anyone wants to know, I just had to look bc SG is always my fave laugh.gif

Tayce - Naomi Campbell
Bimini - Katie Price
Tia - Tracy Beaker
Lawrence - Miriam Margoyles
Sister Sister - Charity Shop Sue
A'whora - Vicky Pollard
Ellie - unknown, wasn't mentioned in the video oops forgettable icon

Absolutely living for Bimini's

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread