BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drag Race Season 13 // Episode 7
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Feb 11 2021, 03:19 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Forgot to post this when I watched the preview yday oops, this week's challenge is a re-up of Season 10's improv challenge Bossy Rossy, which was won by Eureka as a baby, featuring bizarre characters such as Miz Cracker's memorable Dr. Dill and Monique Heart as a cactus. Will self-confessed improv queen Tina finally get a challenge win, could Symone dominate again, or will Denali finally match her lipsync prowess in a challenge, we shall see!

The mini challenge is the ever iconic and anticipated reading challenge! *.*

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 11 2021, 03:43 PM
Post #2
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

Those reads were pretty poor on the whole unsure.gif Gottmik was the only one who made me laugh out loud and Elliott was painful cry.gif I think the last few have been a bit disappointing (S11-13 excluding AS5) so not too unexpected! No one read Tina for her Ronald McDonald couture! I feel like that's the low hanging fruit with big impact!

Again another challenge that doesn't fill me with much hope. Judging by the editing I think this will be a make-or-break week for Elliott. Especially being the only pair and being paired up with Tina who you'd expect to do well in this. We shall see...

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Feb 11 2021, 03:54 PM
Post #3
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not watching the preview yet but going by favouritism so far I fully expect Tina to win SG - deserved or not - with another High from Rosé.

And maybe another Denali lipsync? I hope not but the way they've been decimating the 2nd group of queens...

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 11 2021, 03:56 PM
Post #4
#TeamAnneMarie

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Feb 11 2021, 03:54 PM) *
I'm not watching the preview yet but going by favouritism so far I fully expect Tina to win SG - deserved or not - with another High from Rosé.

And maybe another Denali lipsync? I hope not but the way they've been decimating the 2nd group of queens...

Denali going ahead of LaLa or Elliott would be criminal! Especially as I don't think this challenge will play to either of those latter queens' strengths based on the acting challenge we've had already. Denali was fine but just bit off more than she could chew! I think they put her in the bottom two knowing she'd survive so I don't think she's at risk again unless she makes the same mistakes!

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 11 2021, 03:56 PM
Post #5
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

Gottmik was funny but OMG the reads in general - painful to watch! Not really excited about another Bossy Rossy either :/ Oh well. Let's see what Drag Race can bring in a post-Tamisha world. I think we might be looking at a Kandy win for this episode as this would play to her strengths - Eureka won in her season and although she wasn't the favourite queen for the fans, she was the most capable with improv. Tina and Rosé could do fine too but we don't know I suppose - the whole thing will be a struggle bus for sure!

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Feb 11 2021, 04:35 PM
Post #6
Sugar Like Apple Pie
Member No.: 126

A video has now come out of Kandy saying Elliott was transphobic and racist on the show but it's not been shown.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 11 2021, 10:06 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Simon. @ Feb 11 2021, 04:35 PM) *
A video has now come out of Kandy saying Elliott was transphobic and racist on the show but it's not been shown.

What put me off Elliott is her saying that Symone was "black girl magic but not aggressive" and I read she also said that Symone's du-rag train runway was "ratchet", lordddd these microaggressions.

+Quote Post
Herbs
post Feb 13 2021, 11:19 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 214

I thought it was a good week overall - I agree with all the judges comments, with the exception of Kandy Muse (for me she was boring in the main challenge and I didn’t like her runway look)

Glad to see Lala Ri go - although I’d have been up for a double elimination (as Elliott’s days are surely numbered)

I felt Utica would have done well with the mime role, so her own fault for not fighting for that role or doing more with the role she had.

I would have put Denali high instead of Kandy

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Feb 13 2021, 11:21 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Yet ANOTHER rob for miss Denali being top, she was better than Kandy and that runway was one of her best!! She really is this series Tatianna / Jan sad.gif

Really don't agree with the critique of Utica as well, she actually tried and it felt very forced to make us agree she wasn't good from Kandy saying she was rubbish at every moment possible to the backing track. Her fashion is excellence and she did good, Gottmik was worse and just boring and I didn't find Tina funny at all tbh.

No one really made me roar with laughter either, Symone was the funniest I would probably say or Denali/Rose. Not sad to see LaLa go, she seems very sweet but unpolished and a filler queen if ever there was one.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Feb 13 2021, 11:30 AM
Post #10
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Rosé & Denali continue to be robbed while Gottmik is shielded & Kandy Muse boosted.

I'm bored now, season 13.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Feb 13 2021, 11:36 AM
Post #11
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Sad but not at all surprised to see LaLa go. I love her in her talking heads bits but she never brought it as much in the challenges or on the runway which is a shame.

These kinds of challenges always fall pretty flat for me, I didn’t love any of them this week. Symone was probably my favourite overall but none of the performances were that memorable. Didn’t understand the Kandy praise at all...

When you compare this episode to the UK episode this week, the difference in quality is more obvious than ever.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 13 2021, 12:35 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!

I thought this a fairly good challenge compared to what I expected. Symone and Olivia killed it, I actually thought Gottmik was pretty good too and deserves some credit as her and Olivia bounced off each other really well as a duo in that scene which is what improv is about. I'd argue at Symone, Olivia and Mik top, I love Denali and Rose but you can go too OTT in improv challenges I think. Olivia was a worthy winner, to have a role like that you could easily bomb but she took that and made it hilarious, plus her and Symone had the two best runways easily. Symone is going to go down as one of the best runway queens we've had when all is said and done, serve after serve.

Kandy top I was BAFFLED at, her runway was stunning but in the challenge.. really?? She wasn't BAD by any means, but I feel like she was still just herself but muted. "You let Ross speak" as a critique to justify being in the top is a new one on me laugh.gif Yes that is what improv is about, but I felt she held back a bit too much. Symone held back and allowed the scene to breathe and gave others a chance to speak, but also ran with her role.

I agree with Utica being low to be honest sad.gif Love love love her but whilst the idea was there, she just didn't pop in that scene and what the idea could have been didn't come out. Ross' forced baseball metaphor was right tbh, she got off the base but didn't get very far in, her runway was great though and you could see her trying more than Elliott and Lala so that was definitely the right bottom 2.

I think the problem is there's too many episodes for this series to fill so we're getting random challenges like this and the disco one, this feels kinda obsolete when Snatch Game is soon anyway. There's only so many types of challenges to do and if there's more episodes, you get more of the same types of challenge in worse ways I feel.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 13 2021, 02:03 PM
Post #13
nabad
Member No.: 18,316

This season is getting a bit too boring now. Denali and Rosé not top (yeah they were so over the top, but they were really funny)? Kandy Muse top? rotf.gif really?

Not surprised or sad to see LaLa go, she was on her last legs anyway, and I can't see Elliott lasting much longer either.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 13 2021, 02:14 PM
Post #14
#TeamAnneMarie

This felt like such a Drag Race by numbers episode! The reading challenge we'd heard several similar before and bar Gottmik was pretty poor on the whole, didn't feel exciting and so witty like it used to be! The main challenge whilst better than expected was not particularly great (shows what my expectations were!) Kandy and Symone were a pleasant surprise in that they kept it restrained but still humourous so I was pleased to see both get rewarded and Kandy looked her best ever on the runway!

Olivia was also great but I kinda wish Symone had pipped her to the win, she is the standout queen for me this season and another win would've reflected that! Olivia is one of the strongest there but two wins compared to the likes of Denali or Rose who are also performing well seems a bit much! Controversial perhaps but I feel the 'mime role' was the clear star of that performance and Utica would've done excellent had she not given in.

Also not here for Utica being negatively edited to be weaker than she is! This week I kinda agree she was low and that she could've stayed on topic in the main challenge a bit better (lots of similarities to Ginny imo! lots of talent but just needed to be contained) and the runway whilst stunning didn't necessarily read beads! I'd have loved someone to go down the rosary bead/religious route and I feel Utica was closest to this!

Genuinely thought Elliott was going thanks to the edit so I was quite surprised to see LaLaRi go, although I don't think she had much left to offer and Elliott is running on borrowed time. Utica is also the weakest queen left by track record so I expect she'll go soon unfortunately sad.gif

This season on the whole is really feeling poor, especially in comparison to the success of the UK version. It's not necessarily the casting of the queens as there's so many characters I'm enjoying and will continue to follow after the series is over. I really think the producers need to shake things up with some more interesting challenges and less predictable storylines for the queens, it feels so shoe-horned at the moment and it's really to the detriment of the series! I saw a tweet somewhere that sums it up perfectly: 'I don't mind a storyline but I shouldn't be able to follow along with the minutes of the producer's meeting so clearly!'

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 13 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #15
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Please tell me I am not the only one who is OBSESSED with Elliot and Lala’s synchronised body roles during Whole Lotta Woman? Oh. My. God!!!

Also next weeks rumoured lip sync song is a banger!

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Feb 13 2021, 03:25 PM
Post #16
#VoteGarden.Keh
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 13 2021, 02:56 PM) *
Please tell me I am not the only one who is OBSESSED with Elliot and Lala’s synchronised body roles during Whole Lotta Woman? Oh. My. God!!!
Also next weeks rumoured lip sync song is a banger!

omg PM me

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Feb 13 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

I'm just not feeling this season at all — such a comedown from both season 12 and UK season 2.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Feb 13 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Didn't really like the episode that much. The reading challenge was rather boring. Only Gotmik made me laugh. It was nice to see the bit about Elliot opening up to Tina about suffering with depression.

I don't get how Kandy was top though. I agree with Symone/Olivia, but the third one should've been Tina, Denali or Rosé. Kandy's runway wasn't that great and her performance in the challenge was a bit bland?

I hope things start to pick up more as I'm finding it a bit of a chore to get through these episodes. Compared to season 12 where I thoroughly enjoyed almost every episode!

The lip sync was really good though. Elliot really slayed it! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not sad to see LaLa go, it was her time.

+Quote Post
Ramz
post Feb 14 2021, 02:54 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 12,044
   No Gallery Pics

They need to stop trying to make Bossy Rossy a thing please!

No big loss losing LaLa, she lasted longer than expected and was just another mediocre week for her. Her make up looked really off to me as well, came across more orange than anything else.

I’m surprised they were trying to downplay how easy it would be to turn the mime role, I thought it was easily the role to win. Personally while Olivia was good I don't think she did anything that exciting with it and would have much preferred to see what Utica would have done with it. I’m surprised Utica avoided the bottom tbh, I just didn’t understand what she was giving in her improv and thought she was possibly the weakest of the lot.

Tops for me would have been Denali, Rosé and Symone with the latter winning. Was shocked to see the former two safe again, I’m really not understanding why they are being down played week after week, it’s baffling at this point and makes it seem the show is never going to let them escape their “losing team” status.

Was also baffled at Kandy’s placement this week, I just found her improv boring and was surprised how much she let Symone steal the scene, very undeserved praise IMO.

Was surprised how much I enjoyed Tina and Elliott as a pairing, was nice that the both got some focus this episode. I do think Tina started off too much and Elliott too little in the improv but they both come together pretty well in the end and I think both should have been safe. As much as Elliott killed the lip sync I really don’t think she deserved to be there.

Overall just feeling a bit meh about the series, the judging and forced storylines are stifling the series which is a shame as if the had more moments like Tina/Elliott and less like Joey/Kandy I think the series would be massively more enjoyable.

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Feb 14 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

Officially Symone, Olivia, Denali and to some extent Utica are the reason I continue watching this season.

But seriously, no disrespect to other queens but I am already yawning at this season and still there are like what, 9 queens left!!!

I agree with comments about the producers need to shake up things...like how come each episode and challenge in UK S2 are done so well and we get two 'meh' episodes in a row in here!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 PM