BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race UK // Season 2 // Episode 6, SNATCH GAME
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chemistry
post Feb 19 2021, 04:13 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
I do feel like Sister Sister is getting an awful edit as well, we still have barely seen her! From the parts we have seen, I quite enjoyed her Snatch Game, definitely not one of the worst, but it was just so little what we did get to see.. Very strange.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Feb 19 2021, 04:45 PM
Post #62
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
On a technical basis (runways/challenges etc) sister sister isn't awful but my god is she unlikable, she just seems quite nasty and judgemental, she very rarely has a positive thing to say and is generally v dull but that's just my take. I don't even miss her when she's not getting much screen time because she doesn't actually add much to any episode she's in anyway, the only times I've felt strongly towards her is on her poorer weeks. I just think the hate she gets is because she's here when there's queen's who at the very least have more personality have gone home. She's kind of the opposite of Tia who sucked at the challenges and runways mostly but had one of the more endearing personalities but we all watch/pick our faves for different reasons, some people will prefer a queen with flawless runways whereas someone will gravitate towards the ones that are more personable.

I don't think sister was the worst this week so I'm fine with her being safe but next week has to be her time to go surely, unless Ellie completely bombs I guess. My heart does go out to Ellie and I do think she's very talented, she's only 21 and still learning how to bring her personality into it more I think, she's definitely gonna be a force in a few years because she's already such a great look queen, her snatch game was very good as well (I think she should have been high and not just safe) so I definitely think she's got more to give whereas sisters just kinda there and not adding much.

I was disappointed in Lawrence, I thought he couldn't go wrong with that character but apparently so laugh.gif stand up week has to be a good one for him tho. Bimini was the undeniable winner of that episode though. I do love her but similar to what Rob said there is something missing on the personality front for me that Lawrence has over her.

I actually preferred A'Whora more than Tayce's impersonations this week but then I'm not very familiar with Tayce's character so it was a bit lost on me but then I think no matter who you chose it should be something that can be entertaining to everyone, she just came across as an Australian lady to me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
152chris
post Feb 19 2021, 07:59 PM
Post #63
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105
everyone here going on about sister being nasty and judgemental, where are you getting this from? of the (few) moments she was on screen this week she has having light hearted banter, she was shown SHEDDING A TEAR during a'whora's walkthrough and she was joking around with ellie in untucked. i rly don't know what she can do at this point and i feel really, really bad for her.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 19 2021, 08:21 PM
Post #64
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
For me its when she is critical she's extremely harsh & seems haughty too.

Having said that personally I'm ok with that laugh.gif at least its good tv!

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post Feb 20 2021, 07:00 AM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(152chris @ Feb 19 2021, 08:59 PM) *
everyone here going on about sister being nasty and judgemental, where are you getting this from? of the (few) moments she was on screen this week she has having light hearted banter, she was shown SHEDDING A TEAR during a'whora's walkthrough and she was joking around with ellie in untucked. i rly don't know what she can do at this point and i feel really, really bad for her.

Agreed. I really don't get that vibe either, I still Sister is very smart and witty, but that doesn't come across that well on the show because she barely has any airtime. I listened to a podcast with her a few weeks ago and she seemed like such a nice and fun person, so it's really frustrating to see all the hate she is getting atm for no reason whatsoever.

+Quote this post
Travis
post Feb 21 2021, 03:35 AM
Post #66
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135
If the top 4 is anyone other than Bimini, Tayce, Lawrence and A'Whora... I call rigga morris!

+Quote this post
Adam
post Feb 21 2021, 09:27 AM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 19 2021, 03:51 PM) *
Agree with this, I think it says a lot about people if the best they can come up with is just negativity when you have just had a joyous TV episode that is supposed to be a beacon to us in times where we don't have a lot. Kind of related to this point, I'm fed up with people who turn the entire discourse after a Season 13 episode to "UK is SOOOO much better, this is such an awul chore" as if they're being forced to watch it. Of course we are all going to have opinions and they don't have to be positive if you didn't enjoy an episode or didn't agree with judging etc. but it's how it's said for me, you can bring a lot more to the table than simply raging that x or y is still there as a lot of fans often do.

I do get frustrated at Sister still being there but Ru can't go "you've been mediocre instead of bad, sashay away" to be fair laugh.gif It's easy to get caught up after an episode when you're annoyed at someone you like going though.

Yes! Your use of ‘mediocre instead of bad’ made me realise we have had this exact conversation on Twitter too lol.

+Quote this post
Adam
post Feb 21 2021, 09:33 AM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
QUOTE(Travis @ Feb 21 2021, 03:35 AM) *
If the top 4 is anyone other than Bimini, Tayce, Lawrence and A'Whora... I call rigga morris!

I understand thinking these have been the best four performing queens but things like this and ‘it has to be her time to go next week’ are wild to me lol... like... what if Ellie and Sister produced Gucci style couture next week? Send em home anyway? Lol

I think Sister has actually had quite a few moments in the workroom where she’s been witty and funny, esp with Ginny, but it’s always so dry maybe it doesn’t translate so well.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 21 2021, 12:26 PM
Post #69
Group icon
I think having thought on it, Sister's accent doesn't help. It makes everything she says sound...well, pointed.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post Feb 21 2021, 12:28 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214
I think the thing that frustrates me with Sister is I originally saw her as an inoffensive nice queen - you wouldn’t rave about her personality but she wouldn’t be a villain. But she has had moments where she has gone super defensive and just comes across as arrogant. In my opinion though A’Whora was worse....

To me Sister has earned her place. She was only rightfully bottom 2 once and she still delivered a killer lip sync

I kind of want her to win a challenge now and pop the way no-one is expecting. The negativity towards her just feels so unjust and reminds me of when big brother started to have ‘pantomime’ villains

This post has been edited by Herbs: Feb 21 2021, 12:29 PM

+Quote this post
Travis
post Feb 21 2021, 04:58 PM
Post #71
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135
QUOTE(Adam @ Feb 21 2021, 04:33 AM) *
I understand thinking these have been the best four performing queens but things like this and ‘it has to be her time to go next week’ are wild to me lol... like... what if Ellie and Sister produced Gucci style couture next week? Send em home anyway? Lol

I think Sister has actually had quite a few moments in the workroom where she’s been witty and funny, esp with Ginny, but it’s always so dry maybe it doesn’t translate so well.

I get what you’re saying! If they step up to the challenges in the next two weeks, I’m more than willing to change my opinion. I was mainly just stating my current opinion somewhat dramatically based on what we’ve seen so far.

I don’t care much for Sister personally, but I don’t think she’s some evil villain like she’s being made out to be. As for Ellie, she’s been wholly inoffensive, but she’s been boring me a bit so far. But that could all change next week! We will see~

This post has been edited by Travis: Feb 21 2021, 04:58 PM

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 21 2021, 05:06 PM
Post #72
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Definitely not hating on Sister but I think she should have been bottom 2 that first episode for sure personally but can’t be mad at her just because I thought the judging was off!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Feb 21 2021, 05:06 PM
Post #73
Group icon
Tbh, to clarify, I think Sister does come off as harsh & bitchy, but I don't mind that at all. They're drag queens! Half of the iconic gifs are someone being cutting.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 21 2021, 05:07 PM
Post #74
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Sister's quite comfortably my least favourite but I don't think she's hideous or awful. As a queen I have little to say on her, almost no opinion at all really, and I've not enjoyed her attitude towards other queens - she always has blame to place elsewhere or an unneeded critique to give. In a cast I otherwise really like, she stands out as a firm last place in my ranking right now.

That said, she definitely wasn't one of the worst this week. She was pretty solid in fact and deserved to go through! I can't disagree with the bottom 2, Lawrence I usually love but it was clear he really didn't serve in the snatch game. Tia frustrated me because there's SO much you can do with Mel B and all we got was Eddie Murphy cry.gif Bimini on the other hand had me roaring with laughter, everything they said was SPOT ON.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Feb 22 2021, 12:34 PM
Post #75
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
HI SELF PROMOTION TIME.

Here we are... with our video AS SEEN by A'Whora and Tia themselves, glowing endorsement, I KNOW.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post Feb 22 2021, 02:51 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/20...er-sister-troll

Sister Sister has written an article in today's Guardian about all the hate she receives. It's so upsetting to read and just makes me very annoyed that we, as a society, never ever learn. We have seen Caroline Flack happening, Framing Britney Spears, Kerry Katona etc. and STILL we think it's okay to insult people we see on the telly. Drag Race has an awful and incredibly toxic fanbase and I am honestly ashamed of it. The show itself should do way more to prevent this as well.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Feb 22 2021, 10:01 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
QUOTE(Chemistry @ Feb 22 2021, 02:51 PM) *
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/20...er-sister-troll

Sister Sister has written an article in today's Guardian about all the hate she receives. It's so upsetting to read and just makes me very annoyed that we, as a society, never ever learn. We have seen Caroline Flack happening, Framing Britney Spears, Kerry Katona etc. and STILL we think it's okay to insult people we see on the telly. Drag Race has an awful and incredibly toxic fanbase and I am honestly ashamed of it. The show itself should do way more to prevent this as well.

I don't agree with it either! One of the issues I have with the people who send hate is that they are so quick to complain there's no drama/a season is too "nice" but as soon as there is drama they start hating on the queens involved in the drama. wacko.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:46 AM