BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Worldvision V | The Reveal, 8PM
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post Jul 7 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Oops I remembered that girl in red had been in the last PFSC but didn't occur to me that was actually the same song. x (There isn't a rule against recycling PFSC songs anyway ofc so it's not a big deal, after all there was one of those in BJSC 125 as well laugh.gif)

Hope that FISHER song will be a bit better than 'Freaks' xx
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 7 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #42
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
WhoOdyssey was lucky enough to get given his home country and go with a Vaccines side-project. Math meanwhile had to struggle as I did in the first Worldvision to find something from Indonesia and end up with one of the most unique songs in the contest.

United Kingdom :: Wholune :: Halloweens - My Baby Looks Good With Another [NO FLAG YET]

The Vaccines frontman Justin Young and Timothy Lanham have launched a new side project, Halloweens. Young and Lanham decided to team up for the project – which was born out of their shared love of classic songwriting – after they wrote The Vaccines’ 2018 album ‘Combat Sports’ together. The pair wrote a series of tracks in Paris before they recorded an album in Oakland, California with Luke Temple, who has previously worked with Here We Go Magic and Adrianne Lenker. Speaking about Halloweens, Young said: “The record came from a period of writing without consequence or compromise where the only requisite was ‘do we love this?’. Being able to write and record a record that nobody expects is an incredibly empowering and exciting process, free from the fog of ambition or fear.”

Indonesia :: Republic of Adonia :: Itoh Masyitoh & Rineka Swara - Naon Margina

no description available.

Next up:
Terra Avium
Land of DW

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jul 7 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #43
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Oh I need to make a flag at some point!

Halloweens are brilliant, and wouldn't sound out of place at Eurovision I think tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 7 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Wasn’t sure id get away with Alvaro but thought it too good a chance not to send the wonderful Loca. I did have a truly trashy back up option ready in the form of:

Think Dan might be quite thankful I didn’t with him googling all the contestants!! 😬😬😬

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jul 7 2020, 08:01 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I'm pretty convinced I've probably sent something that is just some geeky bloke on his laptop in his bedroom and that we're possibly the only other people who will ever hear it... BUT it was still better than everything else I heard from Greece. I exhausted every search term I could to find something I didn't absolutely hate.

+Quote this post
Brer
Post #46
Group icon
QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jul 7 2020, 08:58 PM) *
Oh I need to make a flag at some point!

Yes you do hitler.gif laugh.gif now would be a good time!!1

Halloweens is one I have already heard and I think that was my favourite of the songs they have released so far, not up with The Vaccines' best stuff but a good tune. I was thinking from my skim through the song list yesterday that was the only one I'd already heard but I do know the girl in red song too after realising it is the one from PFSC ofc xx

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
Post #47
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
PHIL!

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 7 2020, 08:03 PM
Post #48
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
We've got some Romanian dance from Terra Avium albeit not the type that would've been a UK hit in 2010. Land of DW go with an Armenian piano ballad.

Romania :: Terra Avium :: Andreg & Devas - Romanian Dream

Andreg is a music producer and sound designer from Romania, host of The Mark Radio Show a 1 hour mix of the most recent and the best tracks in Deep House, Nu Disco, Electro House, House and The Mark Impacta Edition which is also a 1 hour mix of the best in trance and progressive.

Armenia :: Land of DW :: Serj Tankian ft. Larisa Ryan - Ari Im Sokhag

Serj Tankian (Armenian: Սերժ Թանկյան, [ˈsɛɾʒ tʰɑnˈkjɑn]; born August 21, 1967) is an Armenian-American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, poet, and political activist. He is best known as the lead vocalist, primary lyricist, keyboardist, and occasional rhythm guitarist of the heavy metal band System of a Down, which was formed in 1994.

Larisa Virginia Hovannisian (Armenian: Լարիսա Վիրջինիա Հովհաննիսյան; born 21 October 1988) is an Armenian American social entrepreneur and founder of Teach For Armenia.

Next up:
Lotunia
Thelonia

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 7 2020, 08:04 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Serj Tankian is kind of cheating for Armenia but I'm not mad at it xx

(although I guess the featured artist was actually born in Armenia tbf!)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 7 2020, 08:06 PM
Post #50
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Eight minute trance fans where we at x

Naturally my first thought with Romania was Transylvanian Vampire themed music, but alas that was in short supply kink.gif In fact, I'm glad I found this one even if it was a fluke of searching 'Romanian music' into Apple Music, Romania weren't really giving me much otherwise.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 7 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
QUOTE(✖ sexyfish ✖ @ Jul 7 2020, 10:01 PM) *
PHIL!

It’s a good song!!!! I live for it. So trashy

+Quote this post
danG
Post #52
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
After some doubt as to whether we'd be seeing the USA in this contest Thelonia eventually took them. Lotunia take us to South America having got Argentina.

Argentina :: Lotunia :: Marcela Morelo - Luna Bonita

Marcela Morelo (born Marcela Morello on 13 December 1969) is an Argentine singer-songwriter. She has released eight critically acclaimed studio albums, which all earned either Gold of Platinum record. Morelo also won five Gardel Awards, the most prestigious musical award in Argentina.

United States of America :: Thelonia :: GRiZ feat. Wreckno - Medusa

Grant Richard Kwiecinski, also known by his stage name GRiZ, is an American DJ, songwriter, and electronic producer from Southfield Michigan. He is known for playing the saxophone along with producing funk, electro-soul, and self-described future-funk.

Brandon Wisniski aka Wreckno is taking over the bass scene and he’s doing it his way. On and off the stage, this empowering 24-year-old queer musician stays shining and grinding at all times, as he serves up fresh, fierce beats for the masses. Fueled by Wreckno’s burning passion for electronic music and performance, the project is bursting with endless originality and individuality — and he’s only just scratching the surface.

Next up:
Rolloland
Persephonia

+Quote this post
*Tim
Post #53
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 7 2020, 07:43 PM) *
Second time that Ivi has been chosen for Cyprus in Worldvision (I suppose she is the obvious first choice!)

I STANNED the song I sent in 2013, so I just had to magic.gif

+Quote this post
FrankLuck
post Jul 7 2020, 08:09 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,284
It's 70% Larisa Ryan though (still quite an American name, I know biggrin.gif )
Armenia was hard.
I really wanted to send dance but I hated everything.

(I guess I'd have the same problem with Greece, at least the Armenian rock scene is decent, although a bit too folk-y for this crowd).

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 7 2020, 08:09 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Kind of cool that NocheLuna got one of the South American countries with him being (to my knowledge) our only South American born BJSC participant!

+Quote this post
Qween
post Jul 7 2020, 08:11 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I cannot stress how difficult it was to find an entry I rated above about 3/10. So many faceless dance and rap songs, nary a melody to be found.

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 7 2020, 08:11 PM
Post #57
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
Rolloland provide us with Israeli psytrance, recycling an act I sent to Club Bizarre albeit with one of their earlier songs. Persephonia were given Belgium and send a rock instrumental.

Israel :: Rolloland :: Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane

Infected Mushroom is an Israeli musical duo formed in Haifa in 1996 by producers Erez Eisen and Amit Duvdevani. They produce and perform psytrance, electronica, dream trance and psychedelic music. They are one of the best-selling groups in Israeli music history in terms of both domestic and international sales. They employ a variety of musical sources, including acoustic guitars and complex synthesized basses. Their compositions often contain changes of drum beat and tempo. Infected Mushroom's live shows feature vocals and analogue instruments in performances that are set against a multimedia backdrop.

Belgium :: Persephonia :: La Jungle - The Knight The Doom

While definitely a child of noise rock, La Jungle takes bits-and-bobs from the whole music spectrum and loop them live with the aim to create compulsive and repetitive sequences. Hypnotic, spontaneous and willingly throbbing, sometimes bordering on an endless groove, their music may even include brief oriental doom pulses or metal diversions bang in the middle of some kraut rock epic trip.

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 7 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #58
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
We take a brief trip to Africa next with Why So Sirius (another nation in need of a flag) and Utopia.

South Africa :: Why So Sirius :: Jeremy Loops - Mortal Man [NO FLAG YET]

Jeremy Thomas Hewitt, (born 4 March 1984), known by his stage name Jeremy Loops, is a South African singer, songwriter, and record producer.
In 2011, Loops released his self-titled EP. His debut album Trading Change was released March 2014 in South Africa. The album was released in North America and South America via Yebo Music in August 2015, and in Europe and Australia in February 2016. He toured the United States as a support slot on Rebelution's "Winter Greens Tour", followed with two headline US tours of his own, The Jeremy Loops US Tour and the Trading Change Tour. Loops ended 2015 supporting Twenty One Pilots on the European leg of their Blurryface Tour. With three shows remaining, the tour was cancelled following the November 2015 Paris attacks. Loops announced Continental Drift, his first headlining tour of Europe, which took place in January 2016. The Trading Change Tour, his second headlining tour of Europe and his maiden tour of Australia, took place in October and November 2016.

Nigeria :: Utopia :: Humblesmith - Osinachi (Davido Remix)

Ekenedilichukwu Ijemba (born May 14, 1991), better known by his stage name Humblesmith, is a Nigerian afropop recording artist who achieved recognition upon the release of his single titled "Osinachi". In 2019 he got featured by Umuobiligbo on a track Tittled Nwalie which later won a nomination spot at the 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. He first ventured into the entertainment business as an actor, starring in a number of films including Hypertension (2010) with Sam Loco Efe. Currently signed to N-tyze Entertainment, he made the list of "10 Artists To Watch in 2016" by notJustOk.

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 7 2020, 08:16 PM
Post #59
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
The following countries are yet to be revealed, but only four of them will make it:

China
Finland 
France 
Germany 
Hungary 
India
Ireland 
Jamaica
Mexico
Morocco
Poland 
Russia 
South Korea
Switzerland
Thailand
Turkey 

These 4 BJSC nations will be the last to be revealed.

Aeroche
Caerfyrddia
Niceland
St. Burbia

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Jul 7 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #60
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
Unfortunately I signed up to the contest towards the end, so only had one day to find a song. I did manage to find something I genuinely enjoyed in the end but overall it was 45 minutes shuffling through Spotify playlists like 'Nigerian Party Hits' that I really didn't enjoy! laugh.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:21 PM