BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okja, Netflix | Tilda Swinton, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Jun 28 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

I believe this is being released to Netflix this week! Looks like it could be a really interesting story and I like the big stars too, Jake looks bonkers!! *-*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 28 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Really excited to see this.

Hopefully it's good!

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 28 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #3
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

This is out today, really looking forward to watching it!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 3 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

I thought this was absolutely excellent, some of the scenes really got to me (the baby super pig being freed at the end !! cry.gif). The acting was solid from everyone, the little girl lead really carried the film and I thought Tilda Swinton was absolutely electric, had me captivated right from the very first scene. I think Jake Gyllenhaal is going to be VERY marmite in this film but I mainly enjoyed the performance, the parade scene had me cringing a fair bit but the unhinged personality was very effective at other times, namely the torture scene.

I'm a bit shocked at all of the criticisms saying that this is just a feature film acting as a veganism advert though, the leads are often scene eating finish and the OTT vegan is actually the butt of joke! I think the themes it is much more trying to convey are problems with capitalism and corporate crime and I think it did it pretty well. Would definitely recommend seeing this if you've got Netflix, glad I renewed my subscription recently cheer.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 5 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #5
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I watched this on Sunday and also enjoyed it... it wasn't the most amazing thing ever or anything but a solid 7.5 out of 10 type film. I thought the messages were pretty reasonably balanced - and it wasn't particularly sensationalised or anything, more just portraying a pretty realistic picture for me. I thought all the characters were pretty well portrayed, agree with you Josh that Jake will be marmite. I didn't feel the character needed to be as eccentric as he was, it felt a bit like I was watching a character from a Series of Unfortunate Events.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:33 PM