BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

185 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 44 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spice Girls • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
sammy01
post Aug 11 2019, 08:33 AM
Post #821
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like the vibe from them has been leaning more towards other projects including new music than carrying on the tour right now. Mel C is now free for 6 weeks from tour dates and obviously Mel B nows lives in Yorkshire, couldn't be a better time to get into the studio and see what happens.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spice Girls Net
post Aug 11 2019, 10:36 AM
Post #822
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 64,815
   No Gallery Pics

Completely random, but the Goodbye single was played over the new advert for 'A League of Their Own' on Sky 1 with James Corden. Was a nice little surprise to hear the song on my TV smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spice Girls Net
post Aug 27 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #823
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

It was the MTV VMas last night and with the major award season being Sept-Feb I hope the girls are nominated for something, would be great. Even if it was a Billboard Boxscore for example smile.gif

Does anyone think any nominations in late 2019/early 2020 are possible?

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Aug 27 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #824
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

They might get some touring-related awards yes. A shame that the Brits don't do a Best Live award anymore, cos they totally would win that ah

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Aug 31 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #825
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

So it looks like SPICE Vinly is being re-released in October with a white vinyl.

https://www.northendhaarlem.nl/a-57203571/v...DOt7RQAJhwgIUh4

I'm a bit meh about it to be honest. I don't really care for another edition of Spice with no other incentive to buy it. There have been a few editions now of Spice too, with only the colour of the actual vinyl as a new 'incentive': black and a limited edition for charity with UNICEF.

It bothers me immensely that there is no editions for Spiceworld on vinyl or that this album is not even in print anymore, whilst Spice gets all the attention. It's only the second best selling girl group album of all time, no biggie huh.gif

Of course I will buy it but I don't really care for it. I also wonder how successful this might be? The Greatest Hits vinyl is still widely available (for a limited edition) and hardly set the charts on fire (it went on #1 but was nowhere to be seen a couple of weeks after). It certainly isn't even in the Top40 best selling vinyls of year in the UK. Do we know how much it sold?

Would it be too much to ask for a Spiceworld and Forever limited editions of like 5000 copies each? They would sell out straight away and at least we would stop moaning ah. Do it from their website only and leave it at that lol

This post has been edited by Mr.X: Aug 31 2019, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Aug 31 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #826
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

drama.gif Not another one!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this will leads to pressings of the next two albums, but I won’t hold my breath. sad.gif

Number of Spice vinyl editions:
1. UK version in 1996 - black
2. US version in 1997 - black
3. US version in 2015 - black
4. European version in 2016 - black
5. European version in 2019 - blue
6. Forthcoming European version in 2019 - white

Meanwhile there’s still only the UK pressing in 1997 for Spiceworld. I agree that it is ridiculous that this album, that was so huge in its own right, has been out of print for over 20 years. But of course the label don’t even seem to care to make sure this album is widely available on CD anymore. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Aug 31 2019, 01:30 PM
Post #827
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I honestly don't get it, it's mind boggling to me.

Like, Spiceworld not only is an iconic album that sold between 15-17million WORLDWIDE but also provided some of their most iconic hits such as Spice Up Your Life and Stop. I am sure it being available on cd like the GH and Spice are would rake up a few thousand a year. Make it available and include it on the '2 for £10' HMV promos and it would rake up sales quite nicely. Surely every Spice fan worth their salt would buy new copies (LOL) but also casual fans. CDs might not be selling like they used to, but they could still cash in a bit, damn it.

The lack of attention on vinyl for any release beyond the after so many editions of Spice is just embarassing by now. Like, what other iconic group like them doesn't re-release stuff all the time with new incentives for old and new fans to get their hands on? They all f***ing do. All we get is a bad picture disk that they put no effort behind and a new edition of Spice. No new incentives at all.

How. Boring.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Aug 31 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #828
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I truly don't get it, I mean it is the second biggest selling girl band album in the UK of all time and it's not stocked anywhere??? All the Abba studio albums are available and have any of them sold as much as Spiceworld? I think in the long run Virgin haven't been a great record label for the girls, they have done nothing to milk their discography at all, and in terms of their solo careers I feel like they were too quick to drop them too. I mean Emma and Melanie C being dropped for having Gold albums seems harsh when there are plenty of other artists who kept theirs on Gold albums. (Especially Emma who also had a big selling 260k single on top of that!)

+Quote Post
tommie
post Aug 31 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #829
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Aug 31 2019, 01:55 PM) *
I truly don't get it, I mean it is the second biggest selling girl band album in the UK of all time and it's not stocked anywhere??? All the Abba studio albums are available and have any of them sold as much as Spiceworld? I think in the long run Virgin haven't been a great record label for the girls, they have done nothing to milk their discography at all, and in terms of their solo careers I feel like they were too quick to drop them too. I mean Emma and Melanie C being dropped for having Gold albums seems harsh when there are plenty of other artists who kept theirs on Gold albums. (Especially Emma who also had a big selling 260k single on top of that!)

To be fair, haven't the girls kind of been very hard with re-issuing things?

I know Geri pulled the Schizophonic re-release because she was about to release new solo material... I get the feeling they're a part of the problem to be honest. It seemed like their management sort of bragged about *not* doing re-releases for the latest tour as if that was some achievement.

This post has been edited by tommie: Aug 31 2019, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Aug 31 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #830
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Agree! Whilst the Girs themselves milked the fans with merchandise, actually when it comes to music releases the record company (or even the girls themselves) have been terrible on releases.

I find it a bit weird that Spice or Spiceworld never got a proper re-release back in the day with new material or a special edition of any sorts. Very, very odd.

I know a few girls *cough* Mel C *cough* have been unrelenteless on not wanting to release old music. She should get over it, really. Everybody does it. Her main music idols have done it always and no1 demanded that music to be so good it would make everyone cry of joy, ffs...

+Quote Post
tommie
post Aug 31 2019, 02:19 PM
Post #831
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I know most of their unreleased material is kind of crap to be honest (ironically, their best unreleased material might be with Forever), but even a double cd reissue of Spice and Spiceworld with b-sides and select remixes would have the fans be like:

Hell, even just a proper re-mastering would do.

This post has been edited by tommie: Aug 31 2019, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Aug 31 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #832
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

To be honest, I dont think I would pruchase something like that. I never got the Spice/Spiceworld package or some of those pointless releases. Even the GH Box I only got a couple of years ago cos it was like £5 on ebay lol

Im bored of lazy releases that they throw out with no care or with the only incentive being the often terrible packaging. I fell into the temptation to buy the GH Picture disk this year and regreted it cos both the sound quality and design are simply awful. I had never bough a picture disk before so thought 'f*** it' but was instantly dissapointed. Im tempted to buy the white Spice vinyl but not sure... might wait till it gets on ebay or discogs much cheaper than the £24 that the pre-order costs lol

Like, put some care into it. Properly look into the release and how it can be made exciting. A couple of new remixes, or one or two unreleased tracks. HELL, put out a new version of Spice World with Step To Me on it and a couple of b-sides and I am all game for that shit and will buy it straight away.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Sep 1 2019, 10:59 AM
Post #833
BuzzJack Platinum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfFS1TEt0Q0...WZUZUrqjw5NAJT7

OMG.

This playlist is something. Arrr? Arrrrrr. pirate.gif

This post has been edited by tommie: Sep 1 2019, 10:59 AM

+Quote Post
southernstar
post Sep 1 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #834
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 41,834
   No Gallery Pics

I will not purchase the Spice white vinyl...I have the 2016 version and the Greatest Hits vinyl...I hope for a release of Spiceworld and Forever in vinyl sooner or later…

This post has been edited by SouthernStar88: Sep 1 2019, 11:47 AM

+Quote Post
dachiki
post Sep 3 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #835
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 78,056
   No Gallery Pics

The album "Forever" has just been uploaded to their official channel on youtube

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Sep 3 2019, 08:31 PM
Post #836
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dachiki @ Sep 3 2019, 09:12 PM) *
The album "Forever" has just been uploaded to their official channel on youtube

WOW they are aware it exists!!! yahoo.gif

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Sep 3 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #837
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(tommie @ Sep 1 2019, 11:59 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfFS1TEt0Q0...WZUZUrqjw5NAJT7

OMG.

This playlist is something. Arrr? Arrrrrr. pirate.gif

laugh.gif I'm actually loving this, his commentary is hilarious. Just finished Geri the bit about his grandmother laugh.gif What a star wub.gif

+Quote Post
Spice Girls Net
post Sep 3 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #838
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Spice Girls meeting tomorrow cheer.gif

+Quote Post
masahiro
post Sep 4 2019, 07:37 AM
Post #839
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,651
   No Gallery Pics

ohh hope they shot some photo of meeting!

about re-release or Vinyl,
did anybody ask girls about that?

we all know about tour DVD's answer, ("We haven't decided yet blah blah blah")
If I could meet girls or could join Brutally Honest M&G,
I wanna ask girls for that, and telling them to "How disappoint If We won't get tour DVD!!!!!".

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Sep 4 2019, 09:09 AM
Post #840
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

I'll happily take a Spice white vinyl, I went like a decade with no new spice girls releases so I'll take any music related ones.

+Quote Post

185 Pages V  « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:51 PM