BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna vs the CAPE, ...Named the #1 most shocking moment of 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Dec 28 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Channel 5 just did a documentary about the most shocking celebrity moments of 2015. I watched it all expecting Madge to appear and low and behold she did. At #1. Her BRITs performance was named the most shocking moment of 2015 beating Caitlyn Jenner, Zayn leaving 1D and countless other furores.

What sort of impact she still holds on the celebrity world. Pains me to see the fall again but the show was largely complimentary on her ability to get back up and continue singing.

So do you agree that this was the most shocking celebrity moment of 2015? What are your thoughts on it all now looking back?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post Dec 28 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I watched this too smile.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 28 2015, 11:29 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I watched from about half way through and was expecting Madonna to appear in the Top 10 but not at all #1 - I thought Caitlyn would have easily been that (I'm also surprised there was no mention of Drakegate, or even the 'Bitch I'm Madonna' video, unless that was earlier in the countdown).

I must say this was easily my most shocking moment in the celebrity world of 2015. I can remember so vividly watching the fall live on the BRITs and it really did just make your heart stop. It still holds that impact pretty well when watching back but you realise now that the gap between falling and getting back up isn't actually that long, but omg at the time it felt like it took forever and you just didn't know what was going to happen after. I was anticipating either a massive diva strop or for the ads to cut in early or, even worse, her to just lie there and no-one have a clue whether she was okay. I think, after everyone stopped taking the piss, she earned a new-found respect, particularly with the public because I think Madonna always has and will have respect within the music industry. Of course, people will always think she's passed it but now the BRITs fall seems to be mentioned too and people do give her credit for continuing.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 29 2015, 12:37 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Yeah I agree with all of that. The initial reaction for some was to just laugh, but I think over time it's really worked in her favour and shown people that may have forgotten that she's still strong and on top of her game.

I can't actually watch the fall back, and when I did for this show, I shuddered again. I remember being in TOTAL disbelief on the night, not knowing what to do except hold my hand in front of my mouth and stare uncontrollably. Even when she began performing 'Living for Love' on the tour donned in the cape, I got flashbacks and my stomach turned. Thinking about it, it probably was rightfully named the most shocking moment of 2015 in that it filled you with INSTANTANEOUS shock whereas the other contenders were gradual revelations.

I just keep thinking the injury could have been so much worse and we're lucky she just received a slightly bruised ego after it was all said and done!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 8 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Almost happened again !!!

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/madonna...obe-malfunction

Can this just STOP please, I was squirming. :')

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 8 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon

werq~

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Feb 8 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
NO

+Quote this post
Regina
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
More comical than the first incident, mainly due to her not being in any real danger.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I saw that too, but I have a feeling it was intentional because the fabric looks too light for it to resist being pulled off and surely capegate can't strike twice!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 8 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Yeah I agree Regina, I can watch this and see a funny side to it because it's almost a parody of the other incident and she's not gonna get hurt by it. That weird spin she is forced to do mellow.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:34 PM