BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

24 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robbie - Publications, interviews in Media/Podcasts etc, Newspapers, Magazines, Podcasts etc
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post Jan 1 2022, 12:13 AM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135
Is it possible that Robbie might launch the album in Dubai in 2022 & also hold the art exhibition there at the same time
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 1 2022, 01:38 AM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
Hmmm -I'm glad for a new album but feel a twinge of disappointment for "re-worked material".

Isn't that just anther greatest hits wrapped up in disguise? sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 1 2022, 01:39 AM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Dec 31 2021, 10:47 PM) *
Robbie Williams rings in 2022 with rousing New Year’s Eve show in Dubai
The British pop-star performed a greatest hits show at Atlantis, The Palm

However, the reality of the present did manage to crash through the nostalgic set. Perhaps, for the first time in his career, Williams had to ask the crowd to follow social distancing measures by moving away from the front of the stage. “This is the reality of the day with Covid and we have to be safe” he said. “As, you know, there is nothing I like more than having a big gap between me and the people.”

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 1 2022, 01:41 AM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 1 2022, 08:32 AM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 1 2022, 01:38 AM) *
Hmmm -I'm glad for a new album but feel a twinge of disappointment for "re-worked material".

Isn't that just anther greatest hits wrapped up in disguise? sleep.gif

It's something a lot of artists have done recently & given the current situstion it must be hard to record & work on new music, it was a very popular album & should do well & will be nice to hsve some new songs in there as well.

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 2 2022, 12:20 AM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 1 2022, 08:32 AM) *
It's something a lot of artists have done recently & given the current situstion it must be hard to record & work on new music, it was a very popular album & should do well & will be nice to hsve some new songs in there as well.

But in the reviews the new songs will be over shadowed by the remakes -and re-makes are never as good as the originals.

It seems like a bit of a waste of a new album to me. sleep.gif

At least now I understand why the 2022 calendar is a "Greatest Hits" calendar. Nice photos in it wub.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 3 2022, 09:46 AM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 2 2022, 12:20 AM) *
But in the reviews the new songs will be over shadowed by the remakes -and re-makes are never as good as the originals.

It seems like a bit of a waste of a new album to me. sleep.gif

At least now I understand why the 2022 calendar is a "Greatest Hits" calendar. Nice photos in it wub.gif

It's one of my favourite albums, would love to see what they can do with some of the songs.

Was never a fan of his calendars, rarely got past the month of January laugh.gif , I much preferred my P Floyders cool2.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 3 2022, 09:54 AM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I wonder what the new business venture is about unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 3 2022, 09:57 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
He;s going to be busy by the look of things with writing the musical etc , looks like he is not putting all his eggs in one basket , maybe that's the reason he is just not concentrating on a whole new album . Do they do residencies in Dubai , I would like to be a fly on the wall at one of his meetings coffee.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 4 2022, 12:15 AM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 3 2022, 09:57 AM) *
He;s going to be busy by the look of things with writing the musical etc , looks like he is not putting all his eggs in one basket , maybe that's the reason he is just not concentrating on a whole new album . Do they do residencies in Dubai , I would like to be a fly on the wall at one of his meetings coffee.gif

Must admit I'm more excited about the prospect of a new musical than a re-worked album.

TBH as long as he's busy and creative -it's always exciting to see what he comes up with. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 4 2022, 12:16 AM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 3 2022, 09:46 AM) *
It's one of my favourite albums, would love to see what they can do with some of the songs.
Was never a fan of his calendars, rarely got past the month of January laugh.gif , I much preferred my P Floyders cool2.gif

I think I got my first Robbie calendar in 2001 so am past twenty years of them now tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 5 2022, 04:52 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 4 2022, 12:15 AM) *
Must admit I'm more excited about the prospect of a new musical than a re-worked album.

TBH as long as he's busy and creative -it's always exciting to see what he comes up with. happy.gif

It's been such a miserable two years I'm just glad he has something in the offering for this year , I refuse to be despondent sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 5 2022, 04:56 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
& Robbie is at Port Vale JUNE 4th bounce.gif

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Jan 5 2022, 04:59 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584
Thanks for videos from Dubai smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 20 2022, 03:48 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Robbie Williams to sell three Banksy artworks for up to £10m

Singer puts versions of Kissing Coppers, Girl with Balloon and Vandalised Oils (Choppers) up for auction

Kissing Coppers

Vandalised Oils ( Choppers )

One of the most successful British pop stars of the past three decades is putting up for auction works by one of the world’s most celebrated contemporary artists.

Robbie Williams, who has built a huge fortune from record sales and concerts, is selling three works by Banksy, the anonymous street artist whose partially shredded painting Love is in the Bin fetched a record £18.5m last year.

The pieces from Williams’s art collection – Kissing Coppers, Girl with Balloon and Vandalised Oils (Choppers) – are expected to sell for a total of between £7m and £10m.

“These works unite the cultural legacies of two of Britain’s biggest stars: Robbie Williams and Banksy,” said Hugo Cobb of Sotheby’s. “Like their creator and like their owner, they are acerbic, iconic, irreverent and unique.”

Kissing Coppers, which depicts two male British police officers in a passionate embrace, first appeared on the outside wall of the Prince Albert pub in Brighton in 2004. The original mural was removed in 2014 after being repeatedly vandalised.
It has been interpreted as showing Banksy’s support for public acceptance of homosexuality, according to Sotheby’s. Williams’s version of the artwork is a painting on canvas from 2005, estimated to be worth £2.5m to £3.5m.

Girl with Balloon made its debut under Waterloo Bridge in London in 2002. In 2018, a canvas version of the image passed through a shredder inserted into its frame moments after it sold for just over £1m. The work’s “self-destruction” was a global sensation. Williams’s version from 2006 is depicted on metal, and is the first of its kind to appear at auction. It has a price estimate of £2m to £3m.

Vandalised Oils (Choppers), from 2005, features two military helicopters disrupting a serene pastoral landscape. It is part of a Banksy series that superimposes graffiti on classical oil paintings, and has an estimate of £2.5m to £3.5m.

Williams said he believed his three Banksys were “some of his best paintings and I love how closely linked they are to the street pieces”. He added: “As a collector of Banksy’s work, you become part of a broader cultural movement.”

The three works will go on display at Sotheby’s New York on Saturday for six days. They will then be available to view in Hong Kong and London before being sold on 2 March.

A work by Banksy, whose real name has never been confirmed, that appeared on the wall of an electrical shop in Lowestoft, Suffolk, in August has been privately sold, it was reported this week. The image of a child with a crowbar was removed in November.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/20...rtworks-auction

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 20 2022, 03:56 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams is to sell three of Banksy's most iconic paintings - with the auction set to earn the singer millions of pounds.

Girl With Balloon, Kissing Coppers and Vandalised Oils (Choppers) will go under the hammer at Sotheby's in London on 2 March.

The former Take That star said the paintings were some of the street artist's best work. "I remember seeing Girl With Balloon, Vandalised Oils (Choppers) and Kissing Coppers for the first time," he said."I believe they are some of his best paintings and I love how closely linked they are to the street pieces. As a collector of Banksy's work, you become part of a broader cultural movement."

The classic pop-art image of Girl With Balloon first appeared under Waterloo Bridge in 2002. A version of it made headlines in 2018 after it was partially shredded at the end of a Sotheby's auction. Williams' version is on metal and will have a starting price of £2m.

Kissing Coppers, which depicts two police officers in a passionate embrace, made its debut on the exterior of the Prince Albert Pub in Brighton in 2004. The original mural was removed after being repeatedly vandalised. Williams' version from 2005, estimated at £2.5m to £3.5m, will be the first Kissing Coppers painting on canvas to be auctioned, Sotheby's said.

The third painting, Vandalised Oils (Choppers), features military helicopters disrupting a calm rural landscape and is part of a series of graffitied oil paintings. Like Kissing Coppers, the piece is valued at £2.5m to £3.5m.

"These works unite the cultural legacies of two of Britain's biggest stars: Robbie Williams and Banksy," said Hugo Cobb, head of the Sotheby's event.

He said the paintings are "acerbic, iconic, irreverent and unique", like their creator and owner.

The artworks will be exhibited at Sotheby's in New York and then go on a global tour from Hong Kong to London before being auctioned in March.

https://news.sky.com/story/banksy-robbie-wi...alloon-12520866

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 21 2022, 12:30 AM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Love Banksy - those are iconic works of art -but how do they get to canvas (or metal) and how are they attributed to Banksy?

unsure.gif

and wow -they are worth lots of money

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 21 2022, 07:29 AM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 21 2022, 12:30 AM) *
Love Banksy - those are iconic works of art -but how do they get to canvas (or metal) and how are they attributed to Banksy?

unsure.gif

and wow -they are worth lots of money

I will not pretend to know a whole lot about him Laura , this link provides some details. I do like his work though . He does a sale every now & then where he sells his paintings pretty cheap on the sidewalk ( Central Park 2013 ) so that ordinary folk can buy them, it turns out though that a lot of folk do not believe they are real & do not buy them & find out they were the real deal but it's too late then & they missed their chance tongue.gif

I do know he has a cult following hence I guess the huge prices . Must be nice to have one of his paintings if you ere fan never mind owning several of them . unsure.gif . Rob seems to do better at buying paintings than he does with houses.

https://www.theartstory.org/artist/banksy/life-and-legacy/

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 21 2022, 07:48 AM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

British Pop Star Robbie Williams Is Selling a Trio of Banksy Works Worth Over $13 Million to Buy ‘New Art From New People’

He told Financial Times he is selling the three works by Banksy to finance his own “art project” that he will launch this year and to free up some space to reinvest in “new art from new people.”

The trio of works will go on tour in New York over the coming week before heading in Hong Kong in early February. They will then travel back to London for the sale on March 2.

“I believe they are some of his best paintings and I love how closely linked they are to the street pieces,” said the Let Me Entertain You singer. “As a collector of Banksy’s work, you become part of a broader cultural movement.” Williams has more Banksy artworks in his trove that he decided to hold onto for now.

Hugo Cobb, head of “The Now” section, said they had been discussing a sale with the pop star for a while before they agreed on the selection.

https://news.artnet.com/market/sothebys-ban...illiams-2062102

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 22 2022, 12:44 AM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 21 2022, 07:48 AM) *
Williams has more Banksy artworks in his trove that he decided to hold onto for now.

ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

24 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:42 PM