BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice World 2019 Tour • Spoiler Thread, Set list / pictures etc
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 23rd March 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587
Original Post from Maz!
QUOTE(Maz! @ Mar 23 2019, 05:14 PM) *
So there fans out here who don't wanna be spoilered about the setlist or any other things from the tour.
From now on please post any spoiler information like setlist or which song they will or won't perform in this thread.

Emma has said on the Guardian interview that they won't be doing Headlines on this tour ohmy.gif https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/...ctoria-bathroom

actually a bit surprised - and hopeful - to know that they wont do Headlines or solos on this tour.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 23rd March 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217
So there fans out here who don't wanna be spoilered about the setlist or any other things from the tour.
From now on please post any spoiler information like setlist or which song they will or won't perform in this thread.

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 23rd March 2019, 05:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217
Emma confirmed Geri IS performing on Holler this time.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd March 2019, 11:17 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
I'm taking what he said about Holler with a pinch of salt right now, he included random useless info about her filling in on This morning and Lorraine Kelly but couldn't fit in the juicy tour gossip of Holler with Geri?

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 24th March 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
^ If this Holler rumor turns out to be true, it will be so awkward to see Geri being clueless trying to be gangsta. I can't even picture it.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 24th March 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551
'Holler' is definitely pop enough for Geri to handle. I welcome her inclusion. She'll be fab.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 24th March 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
I think it wont be the full on R&B Holler it will be a dance remix or poppy version. I just cant see Geri in leather strutting around.

+Quote this post
Piers
post 25th March 2019, 12:12 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521
Not doing Headlines is probably the right choice. I personally like the song. But its chart placing isn't exactly the group's finest hour.

I wish they'd reconsider the no solo songs idea, though. I don't think they should do anything that barely charted from the past ten years (it'd seem too self-indulgent). But there are songs from their solo history that actually made quite an impact in their time...and would play really well with the stadium treatment.

Basically, anything that was a #1, I think should be up for consideration. Maybe the whole group could perform them? The four of them could certainly pull off a live It's Raining Men better than Geri alone.

Anyway. I don't want the solo stuff to take over. But. Personally, I think the big solo hits would get a bigger fan reaction than, say, trotting out Something Kinda Funny again.

Outside of the #1s, even When You're Gone and Look at Me would probably get the crowd going. Look At Me certainly needs redemption...after Geri's last performance of it at GAY looked like an office powerpoint presentation.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 25th March 2019, 09:03 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Piers @ Mar 25 2019, 12:12 AM) *
Not doing Headlines is probably the right choice. I personally like the song. But its chart placing isn't exactly the group's finest hour.

I wish they'd reconsider the no solo songs idea, though. I don't think they should do anything that barely charted from the past ten years (it'd seem too self-indulgent). But there are songs from their solo history that actually made quite an impact in their time...and would play really well with the stadium treatment.

Basically, anything that was a #1, I think should be up for consideration. Maybe the whole group could perform them? The four of them could certainly pull off a live It's Raining Men better than Geri alone.

Anyway. I don't want the solo stuff to take over. But. Personally, I think the big solo hits would get a bigger fan reaction than, say, trotting out Something Kinda Funny again.

Outside of the #1s, even When You're Gone and Look at Me would probably get the crowd going. Look At Me certainly needs redemption...after Geri's last performance of it at GAY looked like an office powerpoint presentation.

If they do a solo medley of their biggest hits that could be ok, but apart from that, naaa

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 25th March 2019, 10:54 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
QUOTE(Mr.X @ Mar 25 2019, 09:03 AM) *
If they do a solo medley of their biggest hits that could be ok, but apart from that, naaa

I think a solo medley would be pretty cool, I like the idea of them doing solo songs as a group. I know I've said it a million times but I really really do not want covers I'd much rather solo performances than covers!

Tbh they don't need solo songs or covers their discography is so strong their songs alone are enough!

1. Wannabe
2. Say you'll be there
3. 2 become 1
4. Who do you think you are
5. Mama
6. Spice up your life
7. Too much
8. Stop
9. Viva forever
10. Goodbye
11. Holler
12. Let love lead the way

13. Love thing
14. Something kinda funny
15. Naked
16. Saturday night divas
17. Never give up on the good times
18. Move over
19. Do it
20. Lady is a vamp
21. If you wanna have some fun
22. Get down with me

Perfect wub.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 25th March 2019, 11:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Mar 25 2019, 10:54 AM) *
I think a solo medley would be pretty cool, I like the idea of them doing solo songs as a group. I know I've said it a million times but I really really do not want covers I'd much rather solo performances than covers!

Tbh they don't need solo songs or covers their discography is so strong their songs alone are enough!

1. Wannabe
2. Say you'll be there
3. 2 become 1
4. Who do you think you are
5. Mama
6. Spice up your life
7. Too much
8. Stop
9. Viva forever
10. Goodbye
11. Holler
12. Let love lead the way

13. Love thing
14. Something kinda funny
15. Naked
16. Saturday night divas
17. Never give up on the good times
18. Move over
19. Do it If You Can't Dance
20. Lady is a vamp
21. If you wanna have some fun
22. Get down with me Wasting My Time

Perfect wub.gif

Fixed it for you baby cheer.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 25th March 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Mr.X @ Mar 25 2019, 11:08 PM) *
Fixed it for you baby cheer.gif

OK I didn't realise I left IUCD out, that replaces Naked for me. Do it is a MUST! Wasting my time no thanks, it's a nice enough song but it's a bit boring and I can't see them dancing to it very well, seems like a standing around type song...

+Quote this post
Piers
post 26th March 2019, 04:44 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521
I'm glad people dig Wasting My Time and Get Down With Me these days...but I'd frankly be stunned if they actually performed them on the tour.

I'd venture to guess they'll only do Holler, LLLTW and Goodbye (if that counts?) from Forever. Mel B has professed her love for Tell Me Why a few times. But I figure it'd be a smidge awkward performing such a negative song...*with*...the person it's about. Singing Goodbye with Geri present is one thing. Singing Tell Me Why with her is a whole other thing...unless the song ends with a record scratch and Geri blurting out "Wait. This is about me, isn't it?"...followed by a wah wahhh. In which case...I say go for it.

My guess is we're getting the #1s (and #2) alongside the best known album tracks from Spice and Spiceworld...and a few covers. I know we don't want that. But they've done covers on their three other tours. Not sure they'd stop now.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 26th March 2019, 08:47 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I really cant be f***ed with covers tbh.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th March 2019, 12:09 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Mr.X @ Mar 26 2019, 08:47 AM) *
I really cant be f***ed with covers tbh.

Me too it's the laziest shittiest thing at a concert. I get it if you only have one album worth of material you need to bump it out, but they don't they have 2 multi-million selling albums worth and then a third (less known) one too. There's 12 songs which have #1/#2 status, they can easily pick another 8-10 from the albums.

Then there are 16 solo albums between them worth of material which includes 8 big #1 hits respectively (25 hits if you include the top 10's). There is really no need whatsoever for bloody covers. wacko.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th March 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
That's just made me think, the girls have quite an impressive solo chart record really! I mean a hit is classed as a top 40 placement, so the girls have had 51 solo hit singles in the UK as a group and solo.
Of those 51 hits 48 of them were top 20 hits, 40 of them were top 10 hits, 31 of them were top 5 hits, 24 of them were top 3 hits, 21 were top 2 and 17 were #1's.

Their solo sales may not be huge (Only Melanie C and Geri sold over a million records in the UK) however their chart placements as a whole are more impressive than a hell of alot of other bands....

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th March 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #17
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
^ Emma’s sold over 1.2m+ across her albums and singles!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th March 2019, 04:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Mar 26 2019, 03:50 PM) *
^ Emma’s sold over 1.2m+ across her albums and singles!

Yay even better yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 26th March 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I always thought that it was incredibly unfair how they were treated over their solo sales, simply because they came from the Spice Girls. Of course they have advantages with that platform, but as solo artists they didnt automatically get the same level of platforms that they would get as a group.

Therefore, the fact that people actually considered Top 5 and Top 10 FLOPS back in the day was incredibly hard on them. Imagine. Most artists never even get a top5 let alone a #1, and they are considered successes.

ANYWAY

This to say, no covers needed. What other group can claim 17 #1s between them? NONE! They have plenty of recognisable bops that weren't singles either. No need for pointless covers - and if I see another sodding Celebration Medley, im gonna punch someone.

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 26th March 2019, 06:14 PM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th March 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Mr.X @ Mar 26 2019, 06:12 PM) *
I always thought that it was incredibly unfair how they were treated over their solo sales, simply because they came from the Spice Girls. Of course they have advantages with that platform, but as solo artists they didnt automatically get the same level of platforms that they would get as a group.

Therefore, the fact that people actually considered Top 5 and Top 10 FLOPS back in the day was incredibly hard on them. Imagine. Most artists never even get a top5 let alone a #1, and they are considered successes.

ANYWAY

This to say, no covers needed. What other group can claim 17 #1s between them? NONE! They have plenty of recognisable bops that weren't singles either. No need for pointless covers - and if I see another sodding Celebration Medley, im gonna punch someone.

I hope I'm not sat next to you when they start singing their new celebration medley then laugh.gif

I agree with you re their 'flop' status from such an early stage with their top 10's and top 20's. The likes of Louise had quite similar success to Emma for example with a few top 10's and top 10 albums yet she had quite a big solo star status and wasn't seen as a flop (she never had a #1 either). It is totally unfair.

The Beatles managed more than 17, they had 27 between them (17 as a group, 5 for Paul McCartney, 3 for John Lennon and 2 for George Harrison... Ringo is the Victoria of the group peaking at #2 solo). Pretty sure The Shadows also had 20 (14 Cliff Richard and 6 Shadows) tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: 26th March 2019, 10:59 PM

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:27 AM