BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Liam's big Snatch (Game rank)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post 20th April 2019, 10:59 PM
Post #21
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Okay Jiggly should have been lower just for the use of South Park quotes for that impersonation. drama.gif drama.gif What the hell was she thinking?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 21st April 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Really enjoying the rank and glad we're now entering the ok/good territory. My favourite part of Violet's snatch game is when her nail goes flying off. I don't know why but it always makes me laugh. laugh.gif

I'd love to see Dida back for an All Stars season. I really liked her Wendy Williams, especially her reactions to Phi Phi/Kenya's tomfoolery and when she said "This is worse than when I had Omarosa on my show". laugh.gif If she was edited better I think it would've been even funnier.

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 21st April 2019, 12:07 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st April 2019, 10:05 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

60 Ginger Minj: Tammy Faye Bakker (All Stars 2, safe)

This was bizarrely ignored in the edit of this episode, there's not a huge amount to say but what we saw seemed good, the filler queen of AS2 tried.

59 Angele Anang: Vatanika (Drag Race Thailand Season 2, safe)

Portraying a Thai it girl, Angele took this social media sensation and made her her own, it was a pretty good performance if predictable for Angele as it could have been nice to see her really make fun of herself.

58 Kim Chi: Kimmy Jong-Un (Season 8, safe)

One of the most bizarre Snatch Game turns of all time, it could have gone either way but it kind of worked! Slightly off colour, but I did like it, it worked. It was maybe a little one-dimensional with the throat slashing gesture but I did appreciate a very unique take on Snatch Game (even if it was kind of cheating to just make someone up to portray lmao).

57 Bandit: Ma Ornapha (Drag Race Thailand Season 2, high)

Bandit did really well in this Snatch Game, she should have finally got her win but she didn't win anything that season </3 Apparently Ornapha is a very popular newsreader in Thailand, it was less about the character and more that she bounced really well with another character and between them they really made me laugh, I love when a Snatch Game comes together with that kind of banter.

56 Alyssa Edwards: Joan Crawford (All Stars 2, safe)

This is more good because you just had to laugh at how ridiculous it was, you can tell she was ust like f*** it I'll have fun, and Ru loved it, even if it wasn't Joan Crawford it was certainly a LOT better than Mariah's laugh.gif

55 Monique Heart: Tiffany Haddish (All Stars 4, safe)

Better than Akeria's, not incredible or life changing but it was pretty good, one of those that fit the queen's personality so well it was hard to go too wrong.

54 Vanda Miss Joacquim: Cardi B (Drag Race Thailand Season 2, low)

The meek and shy Vanda and vulgar loudmouth Cardi aren't two names you'd put together, but being a character I'm unforunately aware of, this made me have an eye on Vanda during DRT's second Snatch Game. She took Cardi's uncouth character and ran with it, so while it may have been a tad one-note, I was howling at seeing meek little Vanda coming out with the stuff she did, lusting over the eligible bachelor who's love they were competing for and making for a good performance, even if the judges didn't agree as she was singled out as the worst of that Snatch Game sad.gif

53 Valentina: Eartha Kitt (All Stars 4, bottom 2)

Possibly the most bizarre bottom ranking in Drag Race history, I will never understand this :/ Sure, it wasn't outright hilarious but she had the character down and the pull the lever Kronk reference was amazing, it's not her fault nobody got that (how....) drama.gif It wasn't a Snatch Game classic by any means, but there is NO way that this was worse than Latrice and Monet playing themselves.

52 Shea Coulee: Naomi Campbell (Season 9, safe)

This was pretty good, Shea embodied Naomi but Season 9 is one of those Snatch Games that felt like it flew by and apart from the top couple of great performances, not everyone got enough airtime and Shea was one of those.

51 Sahara Davenport: Whitney Houston (Season 2, safe)

Given this was the first Snatch Game, we'll let Sahara off of not being the funniest, because she had Whitney pretty much nailed in terms of the voice and some mannerisms, I just think Sahara was too polite to send up Whitney so she did a good impression with few jokes, but I was really impressed with her impersonation given that she isn't the first queen you'd think of to do well in Snatch Game.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 21st April 2019, 10:43 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Alyssa's Joan was so good, her timing was on point!

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 21st April 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Alyssa Edwards as Joan Crawford as Alyssa Edwards is iconic and one of my favourites tbh

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 21st April 2019, 11:15 AM

+Quote this post
post 21st April 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I would go as far as saying Valentina has the best “bottom 2” Snatch Game of all time. Not everyone has that!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 21st April 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #27
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Alyssa's Joan Crawford is such a fave heart.gif

+Quote this post
post 21st April 2019, 12:48 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Alyssa’s Joan Crawford was so bad it was good. She literally just learned loads of quotes from Mommy Dearest and said them in random order when asked a question. It makes me laugh every time.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 21st April 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

My favourite part of Alyssa's snatch game was when she said "This ain't my first time" and Ru set her up with "At the where?" and she had to think and obviously forgot the line and said snatch game. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 21st April 2019, 02:38 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st April 2019, 03:13 PM
Post #30
Group icon

omg Ru bursting out into screaming laughter after the “Barbara pleeEEEAAAAAAASSSSSse” was everything rotf.gif

Also I completely forgot Eartha Kitt was the original voice of Yzma! Good call, Valentina!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st April 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

50 Miz Cracker: Dorothy Parker (Season 10, safe)

This sharp witted satirist was an esoteric character for sure, Snatch Game should have been Cracker's challenge really so this might be a little disappointing but it felt like a pretty good character for her, the editing kind of made her invisible for a lot of it, but what we saw was great.

49 Darienne Lake: Paula Deen (Season 6, safe)

Again, a perfect character-queen match - If you guessed who Darienne was going to be, you'd probably think Paula Deen and it worked! All the food references were pretty funny, this was a solid part of a great Snatch Game.

48 Chi Chi DeVayne: Eartha Kitt (Season 8, safe)

Even better than Valentina's Eartha Kitt was Chi Chi's bizarre feline Eartha laugh.gif It's a pretty good way to flub your way through maybe not knowing enough about the character, just make her into some weird cat-human hybrid, the ball of wool gag was pretty funny and she had the cadence down, this was much much better than her Maya Angelou in AS3, that's for sure!

47 Courtney Act: Fran Drescher (Season 6, safe)

Another Season 6 impression, this time one that was fought over by Courtney and Joslyn - more on the latter later. This was very good, she had the voice down as well as the iconic Fran Drescher laugh, can't go wrong.

46 Srimala: Sophia La (Drag Race Thailand Season 2, bottom 2)

Truthfully DRT is a bit of a mess format wise sometimes so idk if Srimala's bottom 2 was becaue of her outfit (the runway and challenge have separate winners, and usually ti's the runway that tips the bottom 2) - I assume it was as that was a miss that way. As for her Snatch Game, she had me howling as an Chinese actress (I believe) who apparently has a funny/thick accent when speaking Thai, she used this and her banter with Tormai to give a great performance.

45 Trinity The Tuck: Amanda Lepore (Season 9, safe)

Another Season 9 edit victim, we just didn't see enough of this but when you look at Amanda Lepore and this, it was so spot on! This would be higher if it was edited better and we saw more.

44 B Ella: Leena Jung (Drag Race Thailand Season 1, high)

This leaves only one DRT performance, as Season 1's Miss Congeniality and Snatch Game runner-up B Ella's impersonation of scandalous politician Leena Jung is here. I didn't know anything about her, but this was one of those where it was so fun I didn't care. Apparently she is a political candidate who does all sorts of crazy things and is always in the news for something or another, this was just fun and crazy and was a breakout moment.

43 Raven: Paris Hilton (Season 2, safe)

Raven not knowing Paris had a line of shoes was a perfect fluke, as that really felt like something Paris would do laugh.gif It wasn't as OTT or nuanced as a Paris Snatch Game could be, but it was a great performance nonetheless.

42 Silky Ganache: TS Maddison (Season 11, win)

This was a tough one, but still lands as the lowest US Drag Race win ranked here. I obviously don't like Silky and this was just Silky being herself, but in terms of a Snatch Game performance I can't say it was bad. She did everything you need, didn't miss a trick and was clearly very well prepared, but I was just put out she won being herself when Shuga and especially Nina nailed it and could have won by not being themselves.

41 Manila Luzon: Imelda Marcos (Season 3, safe)

Going OTT crazy can go either way in Snatch Game, but being Manila that can only go well tbh. This could have been one dimensional but I think it was hilarious so she showed Imelda Marcos as a shoe-obsessed crazy woman, it was really funny every time they cut to Manila on S3's Snatch Game.

+Quote this post
post 21st April 2019, 11:05 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I think the best ‘Safe’ snatch game performance ever is Pearl’s Big Ang.

I actually think Miz Cracker’s Snatch Game was pretty bad. There’s quite a few weeks where Miz should have placed higher than she did, but I think she should have been low for her Snatch Game.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd April 2019, 01:30 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

There's no way Cracker was worse than Asia's randomly evil Beyonce!! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd April 2019, 08:39 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

40 Phi Phi O’Hara: Theresa Caputo (All Stars 2, high)

Kicking off the top 40 where we're starting to get into great territory is one of the best Snatch Game redemption ever! Of course this had nothing on the iconic top 2 of that Snatch Game, but she had some incredible visual gags, her comic timing was great too, certainly a huge step up from a stone cold dead Gaga!

39 Derrick Barry: Britney Spears (Season 8, high)

Naturally this was spot on, but Derrick does have the practice of being Britney for practically her whole career laugh.gif This couldn't really go wrong, it wasn't up there with Tatianna's and it was the most obvious Snatch Game choice ever, but there's no denying that Derrick didn't miss a beat and perfectly embodied her idol.

38 Joslyn Fox: Theresa Giudice (Season 6, safe)

Easily one of the most underrated Snatch Game performances, of course it couldn't get high with the holy trinity of Adore, Ben and Bianca but Joslyn did SO well here. She didn't miss a beat, had some real nuances like the pronunciation of "cum-in", it's easy to make a Real Housewife impression flat or one dimensional but Joslyn brought Theresa to life without resorting to the cliches.

37 Raja: Tyra Banks (Season 3, high)

NAOMI CAMPBELL IS A CUM GUZZLING WHORE!!!! Tyra seems a no brainer when it comes to Snatch Game, and Raja nailed both the smizing and her dramatic random outbursts, the former made for a great visual gag and Raja just embodied Tyra for a great performance.

36 Monet X Change: Maya Angelou (Season 10, high)

This was probably Monet's peak in Season 10, in a run of highs that sadly never ended up in a win. Maya Angelou feels like a character you probably shouldn't choose, as shown by Chi Chi, but Monet actually did her justice. The soliloquy was iconic, "Maya Angelou ain't no punk bitch" makes me howl every time laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 22nd April 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #35
Group icon

OMG Phi Phi's Theresa is one of my favorites. such an underrated performance

Ru: Are you writing something down?
Phi Phi: *trying to communicate* No- no- oh...
Ru: Well, yeah, cause you're supposed to match-
Phi Phi: THE SPIRITS ARE TELLING ME SHAKABOOKOO THEM

also "you didn't see anything, it's the spirits!"

now THAT is a parody. Not like her Gaga which could honestly be part of a Necki Menij script rather than an actual parody.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd April 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

35 Willam: Jessica Simpson (Season 4, high)

Of course nothing could touch Sharon and Chad's domination of this Snatch Game, but Willam's Jessica was hilarious! Playing her dumb as hell was so funny, I especially always howl at her pointing at Aretha/Latrice to answer the scale question and having her name spelled wrongly on the placecard and then crossed out laugh.gif

34 Nina Bonina Brown: Jasmine Masters (Season 9, high)

The one time that playing another Ru girl really paid off, Nina got Jasmine's over this shit attitude spot on and it made for a hilarious Snatch Game performance "if it ain't on BET I don't watch it" rotf.gif it really fit Nina's personality without being too safe or just her playing herself, this was a great performance and with a little more jush could have been a winner.

33 Shuga Cain: Charo (Season 11, high)

A mostly muted season for Shuga but this Snatch Game really shone in a weak year! Charo is such a fun character to play with and Shuga pretty much nailed her affect and mannerisms, I feel it's gonna be one of those that grows as I pick up more on rewatches, she could easily have won if she injected a little more crazy because Charo is so out there but you can tell she really let go and had fun which we've not really seen her do.

32 Alexis Mateo: Alicia Keys (Season 3, high)

I've always liked this but I noticed when Alicia hosted the Grammys that the mannerisms etc. were actually spot on, as much as Alexis went a bit weird and exaggerated the lesbian rumours, which still a funny spin on things, she actually did really well impersonating Alicia. A rare good balance of great impression and a bit of crazy.

31 Shangela: Jennifer Lewis (All Stars 3, win)

In a rather weak Snatch Game, Shangela's impersonation of her good friend was a bit of a triumph, it was hilarious that she was pretty unbothered by it all and kind of just in her own little world telling anecdotes, it was just super fun.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 22nd April 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #37
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

omg Joselyn and her cummin has me screeching every time like I don't even know the person she was impersonating but she had me howling still, same for Adore that season although I was lowkey aware of Anna Nicole Smith but not massively so laugh.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 22nd April 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #38
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

i know that jasmine masters hates it but that nina take on her in snatch game is ICONIC. i wish we could've seen more!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 22nd April 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #39
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

btw liam this is a fantastic idea for a topic and i'm loving the whole thing!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd April 2019, 10:56 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

30 Roxxxy Andrews: Tamar Braxton (Season 5, high)

The "(Toni's sister)" on the place card rotf.gif It's easy to forget how good Roxxxy's first Snatch Game was given the disaster of Alaska, but this was a great comedy turn alongside Tasha Salad that showed Roxxxy could be versatile. You could tell she had so much fun with a celebrity she loved, so she poked fun at Tamar from a place of love and that made for a great performance.

29 Naomi Smalls: Wendy Williams (All Stars 4, high)

I FEEL VERY EXCITED!!! It's well documented I wasn't a Naomi fan on AS4, but this is the best Snatch Game glo-up, from a limp Tiffany Pollard among the worst of all time to a spot on Wendy Williams, I absolutely died when she worked in the fainting gag rotf.gif Naomi showed she could do comedy and wasn't scared of making fun of herself, she stepped it up and I have to give her credit for a great performance.

28 Katya: Suze Orman (Season 7, high)

The comedy queen of season 7 was always going to do well in Snatch Game, and parodying the financial advice queen Suze Orman just felt like a super Katya move that really paid off. Every reference to her lesbianism was hilarious, lusting over the women on the panel, it felt so perfectly characterised yet natural to Katya.

27 Stacy Layne Matthews: Monique (Season 3, win)

This could be seen as a bit of a narrative win, but it was definitely the best of Season 3's Snatch Game! The Precious character was perfect as one of those unbothered on edge characters that make for a funny Snatch performance, with the visual food gags and attitude this was more than enough to shine and give Stacy a high point on Season 3, before she became the ironic icon she is today getting 83 cameos on AS4.

26 Pearl: Big Ang (Season 7, safe)

It kills me to snatch Katya's high, but this is the best safe performance ever in Snatch Game. Right from the comedic look, Pearl had me hooked but she nailed the mannerisms, affect, jokes, she took every chance to make this character shine. This is one of those performances where even if you have no idea who Big Ang is, you'd feel like you knew and loved her after this.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:11 PM