BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mariah Carey - Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour 2016, Europe! ;o
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
✖ leww ✖
post 16th December 2015, 12:20 PM
Post #21
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Davidson @ Dec 14 2015, 10:55 PM) *
If anyone wants to be my friend for the Glasgow date I'll be accepting offers.

gurl i shud do this
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 16th December 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #22
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

QUOTE(Scherz @ Dec 16 2015, 11:39 AM) *
I got 2 silver tickets for Manchester. 8th row, I'm happy with that! wub.gif

if you happen to fall out with ya mate before then u know where to find me ~

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 18th December 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Manchester... I'm coming for you wink.gif

+Quote this post
kye
post 25th February 2016, 11:41 PM
Post #24
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

I've received my tickets today and I'm kinda mad.. I feel ripped off.
I bought the hot silver tickets package which had tickets in the first 10 rows, an exclusive gift and a laminate and lanyard.. For £150 each.
The tickets say that they were £70 which means this 'gift' and the laminate and lanyard come to £80 each! More than the actual tickets!
This gift better be f**king amazing!

This post has been edited by Scherz: 25th February 2016, 11:42 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th February 2016, 03:33 AM
Post #25
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I think you should view the cost in a different way, i.e. the £150 price was primarily to secure a ticket in the best rows of the arena, and your lanyard, laminate and gift are a bonus on top of that. Buying a standard £70 ticket on its own wouldn't have resulted in such good seats. I would imagine that the reason your tickets state £70 on them is because that is the standard price of the tickets for the rest of the floor, and they didn't bother differentiating between those rows & the first 10 rows when they printed the tickets out!

+Quote this post
kye
post 26th February 2016, 11:21 AM
Post #26
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

Well I wish they would have differentiated because my friend thinks I'm trying to rip her off! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 14th March 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

ahhhh just got offered two free tickets to the opening show in glasgow tomorrow night as my friend works for the venue and can't attend so is giving me her comps. turns out they are in the 5th row so that adds even more excitement to the whole thing! so glad i ended up being too skint to buy tickets at the time of release. this defo puts me in a better mood about janet being cancelled.

any idea if there is an opening act been announced or anything yet?

+Quote this post
kye
post 15th March 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #28
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

it's a DJ called Jim White?! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th March 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #29
Group icon

She performed Loverboy, oh my! I don't think she ever has done before? A very unexpected choice. *.*

+Quote this post
kye
post 15th March 2016, 10:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

AND AGAINST ALL ODDS!! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 15th March 2016, 11:59 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Just got back from it and needless to say it was a great concert. She has REALLY got her voice back; sure its not quite what it used to be but it was so strong and even improved throughout the concert. She especially sounded heavenly on some of the big ballads like 'Hero' and 'Without You'. Loved her diva demands throughout about her vocal spray not having a lid on it and the fan not being on strong enough, only added to the fun of it all.

My only real problem was the setlist. It wasn't bad per-se but there were way too many glaring omissions. The fact that she didn't do 'Vision Of Love', 'Honey', 'Anytime I Need A Friend', '#Beautiful' and one of my top 3 Mariah songs ever 'Dreamlover' was really gutting. Also I found the fact that a lot of her R&B songs were cut so short and all the big ballads were done in full and left to the end was a bit disappointing. It kind of felt reasonably short too; think it lasted an hour and 20 which isn't bad by any means but with someone with such a big discography she could of extended it to improve it in the ways I pointed out. Also so not happy about her not doing the normal version of 'Fantasy' as it is my all time favourite and although the dance remix was a fun opener, it has nothing on the joyous original version.

Anyway, here is the full setlist:

Act 1

Fantasy (Def Club Remix)
Emotions
My All

Act 2

Always Be My Baby
I'll Be There (with Trey Lorenz)
Rock With You (Michael Jackson cover by Trey Lorenz)

Act 3

Touch My Body
I Know What You Want (not in full)
Obsessed (not in full)
It's Like That (not in full)
Shake It Off (not in full)
Loverboy (Remix) (not in full)
Heartbreaker (Missy Elliot, Da Brat Remix)
Heartbreaker

Act 4

Against All Odds
One Sweet Day (with Trey Lorenz)
When You Believe
Hero
We Belong Together

Encore

Without You
Butterfly (Outro)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th March 2016, 12:46 AM
Post #32
Group icon

Glad you thought it was great!

I'm disappointed about her not performing the original Fantasy too. Apparently she dislikes it though?! Which is such a shame if true. Not only is it my favourite Mariah track but it's one of my all time favourites, so her favouring the ODB version & the club remix is a bit "ugh" to me. I hope I'll still enjoy it in its club version form anyway, but without the sample & original melody I worry I won't be all that into it.

The set list seems reasonable to me overall (thank you for posting it!). However I'm also amazed that she's not doing Vision of Love, and Dreamlover is definitely a glaring omission imo. I figured she wouldn't be doing #Beautiful anyway, but given she performs some songs as shorter versions, she could have just sung her verse & chorus.

Love that she included Butterfly. I got into that song more in the past couple of year than ever before, it's so under-appreciated.

Birmingham is in 4 days time! I think I'll find it pretty surreal to see her in person and on stage. She's one of my favourite artists, and I didn't think I'd ever have the opportunity to see her. wub.gif

+Quote this post
kye
post 16th March 2016, 01:49 AM
Post #33
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

I too am disappointed that she doesn't sing the original Fantasy. I mean, considering it's the name of the tour too?! I hate the ODB remix that she wheels out all the time...
It's my fave of her earlier work but I think I'll get into it when I'm there and she's singing it to me.

Thanks for posting the setlist. It looks a little short though TBH. I'm hoping she adds Honey, Vision of Love &/or Dreamlover.
It doesn't make sense to me that the set list is very much based around what was successful in Europe and yet she chose Emotions over those listed above?

This post has been edited by Scherz: 16th March 2016, 01:50 AM

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 16th March 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The set list was always gonna miss some adored tracks... it's great for me though wish she was doing the original Fantasy though

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 19th March 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Amazing show last night!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th March 2016, 09:10 PM
Post #36
Group icon
User: 13,007

I'm apparently going to this tomorrow with Jay, lamfooo?

+Quote this post
Slick
post 19th March 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #37
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70

AMAZING show. Truly one of my favourite gigs I've been to. Her voice sounded great on the ballads (obviously the R&B sultry stuff is a bit hard to sound GREAT on anyway), but she delivered all round. I thought the setlist was strong too, despite some glaring omissions, but with somebody with a back catalogue like Mariah's, you are always going to have to sacrifice some tracks.

It is a shame about the remix version of Fantasy. I was LIVING for the one line which was authentic/original that she did at the end.

+Quote this post
kye
post 19th March 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #38
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Slick @ Mar 19 2016, 09:37 PM) *
It is a shame about the remix version of Fantasy. I was LIVING for the one line which was authentic/original that she did at the end.

Yessss wub.gif

The show was amazing, I was so starstruck at the fact she was 8 rows away from me.
I really wish she'd have sang some more. It was 17 songs but 5 in the middle were 90 seconds each!
The crowd were phenomenal too.. I'm very rarely let down by the Manchester crowd, they are always super loud.

Because I got the silver package, I got a Mariah Carey gift bag with a candle and charm bracelet. Oh and a lanyard that said 'Mariah Carey VIP' which I wore like I was laugh.gif

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 19th March 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #39
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
User: 4,631

Yeah, I have to say I was really impressed by this show. She's one of my absolute icons and I was worried she'd let me down, but she didn't. The ballads in particular were a high, those four songs at the end of the setlist killed me.

This post has been edited by AaronTM: 19th March 2016, 10:36 PM

+Quote this post
Alex!
post 19th March 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,983

I went last Tues and it was much better than I expected as I thought she might have lost it, but she was fantastic!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:34 PM