BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dawn of Chromatica • Remix Album, September 3rd 2021
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 01:01 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Apr 5 2021, 09:46 AM) *
Ofcourse acclaim means success, a different kind of success but there is no denying that having one of the most acclaimed albums of the year IS having success. You maybe don't sell millions of records, but someone like Rina is still having a good career and a loyal fanbase. Calling her a z-list artist is just damn disrepectful and stupid. And, besides that, we are talking about a potential remix album. GaGa doesn't need big start to have a hit, she is one herself, so it would be nice to see her working with more up-and-coming artists. It's not like Anastacia, of all people, is a streaming giant. I've always loved her but Charli and Rina will stream better than a new song of hers (and that's no shade or anything, just because you mentioned her).

Your latest part doesn't even make any sense in this discussion, that's a whole other discussion, but believe it or not- not everyone is in the business the make millions..

No, acclaim doesn't mean success, but the fact that 10 or 20 people sympathize with you or your stuff, but that doesn't mean that they will buy it or stream it, as they may get sick of you or your stuff overnight.

There is nothing disrespectful or stupid in what I said, but in the fact that you do not know how to deal with the truth that I say.

Most popular songs from Anastacia, Rina and Charli on Spotify today:

Anastacia (I'm Outta Love) - 59M
Rina (XS) - 24M
Clarli (Unlock it) - 22M

See? This makes it clear that the only disrespectful thing here is the fact that you underestimate the power of legends just because they are not loved by twitter geeks today, as this must be what you and most here understand as "popular", but outside of your bubble, the reality is totally different.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 01:11 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(HausofArgento @ Apr 5 2021, 09:36 AM) *
You should really try getting into music management Adelita heart.gif you're so knowledgeable about how to be successful in the music business!

Imma bout to end Scooter's whole career cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 5th April 2021, 01:11 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(Adelita @ Apr 5 2021, 01:01 PM) *
No, acclaim doesn't mean success, but the fact that 10 or 20 people sympathize with you or your stuff, but that doesn't mean that they will buy it or stream it, as they may get sick of you or your stuff overnight.

There is nothing disrespectful or stupid in what I said, but in the fact that you do not know how to deal with the truth that I say.

Most popular songs from Anastacia, Rina and Charli on Spotify today:

Anastacia (I'm Outta Love) - 59M
Rina (XS) - 24M
Clarli (Unlock it) - 22M

See? This makes it clear that the only disrespectful thing here is the fact that you underestimate the power of legends just because they are not loved by twitter geeks today, as this must be what you and most here understand as "popular", but outside of your bubble, the reality is totally different.

Are you alright? laugh.gif

I don't underestimate any legend, I love most legends including Anastacia and OFCOURSE her big hits have more streams than the likes of Charli and Rina and ofcourse she is more well known than them, did I ever deny that? I was talking about her releasing a new song, and sadly, not a lot of people are interested in her new material and therefore the likes of Charli and Rina have higher streams when it comes to NEW song. That is not disrespecting anyone.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 01:18 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Apr 5 2021, 09:25 AM) *
Chromatica is exactly the type of album that fits for Rina, Grimes, SOPHIE and Charli so why wouldn't they be included?

Besides, it would BAD BUNNY that will get the latin America to stream, not Cher.

No, Chromatica isn't a set of plates and pans hitting but a cohesive and solid album (although it does have some shitty shit in the middle of it).

You don't even believe that you will be listening remixes from these artists in a year, so don't recommend something for Gaga's career that you yourself won't feel like revisiting in the near future.

I want something that will stand the test of time, not cheap remixes that no one will be listening to next year.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 01:23 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

And if Gaga joined a Latin artist to attract streams from the Latin audience, I would choose Shakira, not talentless artists like Bad Bunny.

You can be successful without having to downgrade the quality of your work.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 01:40 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Apr 5 2021, 10:11 AM) *
Are you alright? laugh.gif

I don't underestimate any legend, I love most legends including Anastacia and OFCOURSE her big hits have more streams than the likes of Charli and Rina and ofcourse she is more well known than them, did I ever deny that? I was talking about her releasing a new song, and sadly, not a lot of people are interested in her new material and therefore the likes of Charli and Rina have higher streams when it comes to NEW song. That is not disrespecting anyone.

Yes, I'm ok, this has nothing to do with me, stay on topic.

Anastacia hasn't released a single since Stupid Little Things and that song was top 50 in most European markets, so you can't prove that a song/remix with her wouldn't make any noise on the charts, but I can prove that these cheap remixes don't do nothing on the charts, just look at the latest remixes that Gaga released for Chromatica and you will have your answer.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 5th April 2021, 01:45 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(Adelita @ Apr 5 2021, 01:40 PM) *
Yes, I'm ok, this has nothing to do with me, stay on topic.

Anastacia hasn't released a single since Stupid Little Things and that song was top 50 in most European markets, so you can't prove that a song/remix with her wouldn't make any noise on the charts, but I can prove that these cheap remixes don't do nothing on the charts, just look at the latest remixes that Gaga released for Chromatica and you will have your answer.

I am going to stop this discussion, as once again it's turning very unpleasant. I just wish you wouldn't state all your opinions as facts in here- you are talking about 'cheap remixes' while no one has heard anything and we don't even know if it's true to start with. You are calling artists 'z-list, talentless' and once again attacking members on here in a very unpleasant maner. Please be a bit more careful with the things you say on here, as there is no need to be so rude all the time.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 01:54 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Apr 5 2021, 10:45 AM) *
I am going to stop this discussion, as once again it's turning very unpleasant. I just wish you wouldn't state all your opinions as facts in here- you are talking about 'cheap remixes' while no one has heard anything and we don't even know if it's true to start with. You are calling artists 'z-list, talentless' and once again attacking members on here in a very unpleasant maner. Please be a bit more careful with the things you say on here, as there is no need to be so rude all the time.

Don't play the victim, you searched and you found what you were looking for. There are no children in this forum and no one here is made of sugar, different opinions will always exist, and just as you consider your opinion to be true, I consider mine in the same way.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th April 2021, 02:00 PM
Post #29
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Being closed off to the possibility of certain artists collaborating with Gaga due to writing them off as Z-list is a sad state of affairs. There's far more to music than success and name power. Great talent and artistry isn't reflected purely by numbers.

I'm particularly excited by the possibility that Rina could be involved in a remix, that could be a match made in heaven! Plus she's a fan of Gaga, it would be awesome for her.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 5th April 2021, 02:06 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

Space Cowboy, Flo Rida and Colby O'Donis are featured on her first album and how Z list are them these days laugh.gif

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 5th April 2021, 02:10 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

I love it, but I don't think Chromatica even needs a remix album.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th April 2021, 02:23 PM
Post #32
Group icon
User: 13,007

We've had GREAT remixes so far for 911, Rain On Me etc so I'd definitely welcome more! Bring it on (although still not convinced this is happening any time soon - prove me wrong!)

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 02:29 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(StupidLove @ Apr 5 2021, 11:10 AM) *
I love it, but I don't think Chromatica even needs a remix album.

Right? Chromatica is already a remix album pirate.gif

If she wants some noise from it, she must do the right thing and bring the best and greatest artists out there, not amateurs who just make annoying noise, this is not how a legend acts.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th April 2021, 02:33 PM
Post #34
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

QUOTE(Adelita @ Apr 5 2021, 02:08 PM) *
Not here for another widespread mess like Dua's remix album that only served as a meme on the internet and did nothing on the charts. I want something solid and memorable that doesn't make us feel ashamed in the future. x

What are you talking about? Dua's remix album was critically acclaimed and charted at #28 on Billboard 200

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 02:36 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Apr 5 2021, 11:06 AM) *
Space Cowboy, Flo Rida and Colby O'Donis are featured on her first album and how Z list are them these days laugh.gif

Space Cowboy and Colby never had a career

And I guarantee you that Flo Rida's wallet is full...

Pointless argument. pirate.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 5th April 2021, 02:37 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

It wasn't an argument really, just an observation.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 02:40 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(k👠th @ Apr 5 2021, 11:33 AM) *
What are you talking about? Dua's remix album was critically acclaimed and charted at #28 on Billboard 200

Congrats on the 18k sold in the first week and just one week on the charts I guess? huh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 5th April 2021, 02:42 PM
Post #38
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Apr 5 2021, 03:45 PM) *

Agreed! Their attitude really puts me off even visiting this forum.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 5th April 2021, 02:46 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Apr 5 2021, 11:37 AM) *
It wasn't an argument really, just an observation.

A false observation, as Flo Rida is huge to the present day and he has no problem getting a new hit when he wants, and the other artists mentioned by you never really had a career...

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th April 2021, 02:50 PM
Post #40
Group icon
User: 13,007

Ok that's the end of that. You've made your points~

Back to the remix album at hand and not downplaying other artists.

+Quote this post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd May 2024, 11:34 PM